All this talk of relegation

The complacency must stop!

We just drew at home against a very poor relegation rival who were able to have a bad first half concede, then change tactics and dictate the second half and equalise.

A better side would have comfortably put us to the sword. 

We need to scrap for every point we can as we’re clearly in trouble!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We aren't even half way through the season so I'm not sure we can talk about relegation yet. Half way through and we'll have a transfer window and hopefully new coaches/manager.

We aren't that far away from being an OK side, we just need proper structure to get us winning a couple on the bounce and we will all start to think about mid-table and not league one.

New owners this week and a new manager will be in place - I thought I could give Rooney a chance but we need experience and once we get it, a couple of wins and we'll be OK. 

Let's not even think of relegation 14 games into the season, let's get behind the club in these testing times and stick together. 

Do you really think we are getting relegated 14 games into the season. Come on, stay positive. 

Nothing to stay positive about and if you think we won’t go down then you’re slightly deluded.

Absolutely no divine right to be in this league, we are a club despised now in this league due to our financial activities over past seasons. Clubs want to hammer the nails into our coffin and display spirit and determination when they play us. We get Lawrence sulking with his saggy shoulders every week.

So excuse me for stating the blindingly obvious, we are in massive trouble. This has been played out many times before by other clubs, it can and will happen to us unless something changes.

We made the change in Manager too late, didn’t address the teams weaknesses and here we are. 

As it stands we are heading to league one unless massive changes happen, attitudes play a big part in that. 

Staying positive doesn’t keep us up, changes will do that. Why we ever took on a Manager like Cocu is beyond me. Whilst it’s not impossible for us to come back every wheel in the cog has to function correctly from the position we are in.

Just how I see it, all about opinions 

30 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I know a guy who owns a web development agency - probably one of the biggest in the Midlands. He can't build or design websites himself but has a great team he's built around him. 

I absolutely agree with your thinking here but aren’t they keeping Mel on as a consultant?. If so that concerns me, hasn’t done a particularly great job so far has he. 

Id like to see him gone and a fresh start, I’m still slightly nervous that this takeover will even happen

Just now, Shaftesbury st said:

You looked in your crystal ball again have you Meg?

What’s the point of all this negativity week in week out .

How does that help anybody.

Radio Derby are turning the fan base because most fans listen to their comments and commentary.

They are even getting to me. .

Imagine how the players and staff feel .

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

What’s the point of all this negativity week in week out .

How does that help anybody.

Radio Derby are turning the fan base because most fans listen to their comments and commentary.

They are even getting to me. .

Imagine how the players and staff feel .

I don’t give a toss how the players feel, if I don’t do my job well I get told by my Executive team, simple as that.

Being honest does help, no pint in denying what’s happening it needs to be met head on. 

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

@Curtains probably missed it, seeing as he was adamant he was emailing the club for a full refund a few weeks back, such was his disenfranchisement.

I watched the whole game .

I have a season ticket and I’ve paid for it. .

Have you got a season ticket. 

The club are being reasonable about refunds as they give us free RamsTV for home games and 7 midweek away games free. .

Any games we don’t attend we will get a full refund. 

I am happy with this after my Email was well received by the club and I liked theirexplanation.

I accidentally paid  10 pounds for Boro  but before kick off I sent a RamsTV message and was immediately refunded. 

Im still waiting for my 17percent from last season but I’m confident the Club will HONOUR ALL REFUNDS 

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I don’t give a toss how the players feel, if I don’t do my job well I get told by my Executive team, simple as that.

Being honest does help, no pint in denying what’s happening it needs to be met head on. 

You do realize that their is always 2 teams in a football game trying to win don’t you 

How you can say not to talk about relagation is beyound me. I bet you Sunderland fans, Ipswich fans said the same thing, but look what happened to them. The reality is that we are bottom of the league, performances have been bad, and this is with pretty much a full team to choose from. We are not down and out yet by any stretch, but to say it is silly to talk about relegation sounds a bit like denial to me. No club is big enough not to go down, and they way things are going there is only one outcome, that is unless things change quickly. There is no garantee that the new owners will make the right appointment (I seriously hope they do), and there is no garantee that a new manager will be able to get us out of this rut. I bet sunderland fans thought when Coleman was appointed that a turn around would happen. It clearly did not. Once you are in a rut, it is notoriously difficult to get out of.

It's pretty desperate but there is still a good chance of escaping the drop.

We still have a lot of quality players. We're missing a few key ones, but once the gaps are addressed we could easily go on a decent run.

There's still plenty of time to gather points. Most clubs in the bottom three at Christmas go down. It takes a huge change of form from that position to get out of trouble and most clubs don't have a catalyst for such an improvement. We really need to pick up points quickly to avoid being in the bottom three in a month.

We have a  possible advantage that could make the difference: the takeover - if it happens, if it provides reasonable financial backing and if we can find a route through FFP, we ought to be able to attract better players and a quality manager. Even if it falls through, we are still a big fish in this pond and Mel could chose to push on himself and get in a decent manager. This club has a greater capacity than most to get out of this.

The problem is if the takeover drags on, we could easily be too far adrift to attract any manager worth having. If we go on like this and nothing changes, we certainly will go down - if we can't beat Wycombe at home, who will we beat?

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I watched the whole game .

I have a season ticket and I’ve paid for it. .

Have you got a season ticket. 

I've got 2.

The club are being reasonable about refunds as they give us free RamsTV for home games and 7 midweek away games free. .

Any games we don’t attend we will get a full refund. 

I am happy with this after my Email was well received by the club and I like thei explanation.

I was happy enough with their explanation, and even if I wasn't I wouldn't have knocked the club without first privately seeking clarification.

I accidentally payed 10 pounds for Boro  but before kick off I sent a RamsTV message and was immediately refunded. 

You paid £10 pounds but had it refunded. Nice anecdote.

Im still waiting for my 17percent from last season but I’m confident the Club will HONOUR ALL REFUNDS 

I'm not bothered about a refund tbh, I'd rather the club class it as my contribution in difficult times, which was one of the options.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Anything other than talking about relegation at this current time would be careless.

The sooner the players and fans realise that league 1 beckons, the quicker we can try and tackle it.

Time for Mel to raise his head above the parapet and tell the fans what the hell is going on, why Rooney, with no coaching badges, no experience as a manager and who has underperformed as a player for ages now seems a good fit for our managerial position? 

This ... great post mate 

Archived