All this talk of relegation

We aren't even half way through the season so I'm not sure we can talk about relegation yet. Half way through and we'll have a transfer window and hopefully new coaches/manager.

We aren't that far away from being an OK side, we just need proper structure to get us winning a couple on the bounce and we will all start to think about mid-table and not league one.

New owners this week and a new manager will be in place - I thought I could give Rooney a chance but we need experience and once we get it, a couple of wins and we'll be OK. 

Let's not even think of relegation 14 games into the season, let's get behind the club in these testing times and stick together. 

Do you really think we are getting relegated 14 games into the season. Come on, stay positive. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I reckon it's probably got something to do with being bottom of the league, and there not being three teams who currently look worse than us?

Yeah that doesn't take much working out but let's start to panic half way through the season if things aren't changing. We need to see the new owners plans and what the transfer window brings us. It doesn't take much to get out of trouble at the bottom of the championship. 

Anything other than talking about relegation at this current time would be careless.

The sooner the players and fans realise that league 1 beckons, the quicker we can try and tackle it.

Time for Mel to raise his head above the parapet and tell the fans what the hell is going on, why Rooney, with no coaching badges, no experience as a manager and who has underperformed as a player for ages now seems a good fit for our managerial position? 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

After 14 games last season it seems that Middlesbrough (12), Stoke (8) and Barnsley (8) were the bottom 3.

Charlton (who were 9th), Hull (who were 13th) and Wigan (who were unlucky) went down instead

Thanks, glad to hear the season isn't over already.

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Yeah that doesn't take much working out but let's start to panic half way through the season if things aren't changing. We need to see the new owners plans and what the transfer window brings us. It doesn't take much to get out of trouble at the bottom of the championship. 

See what you're saying fella but I think alarm bells have been ringing since the Blackburn Rovers game. Maybe they should have started ringing after that performance against Barrow.

For me, saying "let's wait until we're half way through the season" is negligent. If you've got a business which is failing you have to act. All credit to Forest who at least saw there was a problem and were proactive on the manager front. 

I don't want us to wait until half way through the season when things could be even worse. We are broken down...so let's fix it now, not later!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thanks, glad to hear the season isn't over already.

Of course it's now over - some on here are saying so.

If we were 18th in the league and 10 points off the play-offs, we'd be saying try and keep in touch with the top 7 and if we can make a couple of decent signings in January, we can make a push. This season it's slightly different, we'll need to make a few good signings to make 4th from bottom up. 

It won't hurt for both club and supporters to feel what we are going through now - reality checks all round. 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

See what you're saying fella but I think alarm bells have been ringing since the Blackburn Rovers game. Maybe they should have started ringing after that performance against Barrow.

For me, saying "let's wait until we're half way through the season" is negligent. If you've got a business which is failing you have to act. All credit to Forest who at least saw there was a problem and were proactive on the manager front. 

I don't want us to wait until half way through the season when things could be even worse. We are broken down...so let's fix it now, not later!

They will be fixing it - you don't think new owners are going to come in and sit back and see what happens do you?

8 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Other than beating teams in the relegation frame

We have got what we deserve in every game apart from maybe Norwich which we deserved to lose or draw & was fortunate to win

We have been rubbish we dont look like beating anybody & there are not three worse teams at the moment.

Relegation should be a serious concern. We big up some of our players but they just simply aren't that good. 

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

They will be fixing it - you don't think new owners are going to come in and sit back and see what happens do you?

Right, well then I want to start seeing some evidence for his, because as it stands:

1) There are no new owners

2) We are still being managed by 50% of the same coaching team that got us into this mess in the first place

3) We look no better at all and haven't won a game, including a fixture against the only team in this division who are as bad as us.

They're fixing it? How? The only thing I can see so far that the club have done is bring in Steve McClaren, whose role seems as confusing as the current coaching set up.

It's time to bring in a new management team now, as we should have done during the international break. It's as much the fault of the current ownership that we're in this position as it is the players and coaches. 

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Anything other than talking about relegation at this current time would be careless.

The sooner the players and fans realise that league 1 beckons, the quicker we can try and tackle it.

Time for Mel to raise his head above the parapet and tell the fans what the hell is going on, why Rooney, with no coaching badges, no experience as a manager and who has underperformed as a player for ages now seems a good fit for our managerial position? 

Exactly. Morris is ultimately accountable for this mess and needs to start acting like it. 

Archived