I’m so sad, disappointed and pretty much done

Mafiabob

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I was fully ready to rip into Rosenior tonight, but I think he spoke very well in his interview. One thing he said really interested me, though:

"This has to be a watershed moment for this football club."

He's right. It is. For the fans, local media, and hopefully the players, coaches and owner(s). 

This is the moment we all need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are now six points adrift. Bottom of the league. Derby have now had the joint-second worst opening 13 games EVER in a Championship season. Read that last bit again for anyone who needs to.

Immediate change is needed or we will be joining Sunderland, Ipswich and Hull City...

Its almost as if getting rid of nearly 20 first team players in the space of 1.5 years and replacing them with Rooney, Bielik and Jozwiak has had an negative effect

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rev said:

He maybe did work a beauty getting Cocu?

He then almost immediately undid that work by recruiting Rooney, and installing him as Cocu's heir, before Phil had even had a chance to make any mark.

Agree entirely. It is part why I will defend Cocu. The responsibility of this mess lies firmly at the door of MM. Through good intentions though.

12 hours ago, rad1919 said:

Mel had half a billion quid in his pocket and was living the dream. As a life long fan myself, if I had that kind of money and was given the opportunity to buy DCFC at a time they were seemingly destined for the Premier League, with such an exciting squad I would have done exactly the same thing.

It has gone horribly wrong. 

You can blame his luck/decisions/appointments but you can't question his good intentions.

Watching that team tonight indicates the whole thing has unravelled and as a fan it is gut reaching.

60308869-8D50-40A9-B084-FDFBC351CABD.jpeg

17 hours ago, wollatonram said:

it is down to mel morris. he is desperate to get out, and the lack of investment/plan over the last few years has been sad for us. we are seeing the reality of the situation we are in now, because of him.

look where we were when he arrived, and look where we are when he is leaving, and think how much money has been wasted along the way

Agree with this although I feel Mel thought he was doing the right thing at the time,but like most business men he just loves doing deals. 

43 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

dear root vegetable

please cheer up I yam sure they will turnip around and beet someone soon

32 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Come on mate - chin up. Life could be worse.

You might end up with a beard like Lewis Grabban's...............?

iry1IDJi.thumb.jpeg.c1c689277bc0a9b30477da4ddcc48f4c.jpeg

Thanks guys starting to feel a bit better.

16 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I was fully ready to rip into Rosenior tonight, but I think he spoke very well in his interview. One thing he said really interested me, though:

"This has to be a watershed moment for this football club."

He's right. It is. For the fans, local media, and hopefully the players, coaches and owner(s). 

This is the moment we all need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are now six points adrift. Bottom of the league. Derby have now had the joint-second worst opening 13 games EVER in a Championship season. Read that last bit again for anyone who needs to.

Immediate change is needed or we will be joining Sunderland, Ipswich and Hull City...

when are we lined up for the worst start?  15 games?  I couldn't find anything on th net so guess you have done your own research

17 hours ago, Alpha said:

Mel, with his heart in the right place, made a few feck ups

People feck up

To reward the feck ups he was fecked over a couple of times. 

The grass isn't always greener, karma is a bitch etc etc

The only thing to do now is swallow our medicine and take whatever comes on the chin. Relegation I'd imagine

Without a doubt it will be a miracle if we stay up. Especially with the management system we have now it is a joke. 

33 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

iry1IDJi.thumb.jpeg.c1c689277bc0a9b30477da4ddcc48f4c.jpeg

Thanks guys starting to feel a bit better.

Dry your eyes mate, we have a couple of matches coming up that is bound to change things around. Players and fans alike are low on confidence at the moment, but a good match will ignite the fire we need to stay in the Championship.

I can’t see any of us feeling any different until the take over is done and a new manager installed. If this was Rooney/Rosenior’s shot at making a claim for the job then its not gone well. This has gone from a team that looked alright but couldn’t score to a team that doesn’t even look alright. 

The current state of limbo is the problem, we’ve had nearly a month of this takeover “almost being complete” which hasn’t helped matters, we’ve had a committee in charge for two games and various rumours circulating on the next manager. None of this is good for the club or the players. If things aren’t sorted soon then this will continue as is. 

Archived