Our Attacking Players

wollatonram

2 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

Plus, he's crap. We need a poacher, someone who plays off the shoulder of the last defender. Makes runs into the box to get on the end of things. There's that guy at Wednesday MacJarriott or something like that ?

Maybe, but he can't be any worse than the options we have! Or don't have should I say..  

Obviously past it now but one man i think would've of been ideal would be Darren bent, or someone of that type! Although he'd still probably do a better job now than what we have, do you think he'd come back? ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wollatonram said:

We have scored 1 (ONE) goal from open play all season. That is shocking. My opinion which may be unpopular is that every single one of them is overrated. We have so many players that can't finish, we have so many players that attacks just end everytime the ball is given to them. 

I think every club builds up players but Mel has left us this season with a squad unequiped for the championship, from attack to defence (the 'long term plan' has always been a cop out for not having to put any money into the club while he finds a buyer).

You can blame the managers, but like at the start of the season it was obvious to see. Our squad has been underfunded for too long. We have too many young players that are not proven and it will only end badly if no funding is provided for proven players in January.

I am seriously worried about the future of this club, you can employ any manager they will not get this club scoring goals without new players and investment.

Who's overrating them? I think most of us agree with you!

Honestly can't see why the likes of JHI or Stretton aren't given a go - yes they are not no9 back to goal strikers, but neither is Waghorn.

At times it's like they are trying not to score.

It's frustrating beyond words, even more so because they're not actually bad players, but they are playing this badly.

I could stomch it better if the team was just as bad as the results. That's what is really annoying, we've seen better from all of them.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Honestly can't see why the likes of JHI or Stretton aren't given a go - yes they are not no9 back to goal strikers, but neither is Waghorn.

At times it's like they are trying not to score.

It's frustrating beyond words, even more so because they're not actually bad players, but they are playing this badly.

I could stomch it better if the team was just as bad as the results. That's what is really annoying, we've seen better from all of them.

probably because those that see them train every week know they aren't better than what we have got - and that in itself is the problem. too many youngsters in the squad to beef it up, we need proven players at this level that how the knowhow and experience to make a difference in games. I think we have been conned by the long term build, the reality is it is not a long term build it is a cost cutting excersize

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The current options are so poor that I’d drop them all and play Stretton, JHI, Whittaker and Duncan ahead of them. 

Even if they don’t fit the system they’d still find it hard to score less than 1 goal from open play in 12 ducking games.

Lawrence is a lightweight 1 in 10 type of player 

jozawicz - well we will see won’t we 

Waghorn better for the team wide right 

Richards - desperation signing and will be gone by January 

marriott - been a let down really but he will be playing again for us come January I think 

Whittaker - well promising and missing at the same time but he is young 

JHI - not been given a chance yet  

not great is it 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Lawrence is a lightweight 1 in 10 type of player 

jozawicz - well we will see won’t we 

Waghorn better for the team wide right 

Richards - desperation signing and will be gone by January 

marriott - been a let down really but he will be playing again for us come January I think 

Whittaker - well promising and missing at the same time but he is young 

JHI - not been given a chance yet  

not great is it 

Yeah but why aren't we scoring goals?!

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Because they are not brave enough - Waghorn I believe is brave enough but he isn’t ever in the correct position as a central forward wide right he is ok 

Sorry, that was sarcasm. We weren't making quite the right decisions. For once our corners looked threatening though. Waghorn is a pale shadow of his ordinary self. ? Don't suppose Trialist is ready for 90 minutes, but I'd be tempted - he should have had a penalty, he got in front of the man who fouled him (just)!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Sorry, that was sarcasm. We weren't making quite the right decisions. For once our corners looked threatening though. Waghorn is a pale shadow of his ordinary self. ? Don't suppose Trialist is ready for 90 minutes, but I'd be tempted - he should have had a penalty, he got in front of the man who fouled him (just)!

Agreed but the 2 things I took from today was the regular use of the through ball, forgotten what that was.  Also an obvious desire not to recycle to the keeper.  Still more to do but I was happy to see that

Not replacing Martin was criminal.  It left us with Waggy, Marriott, Lawrence and Whittaker. CKR doesn’t warrant the label “striker”.
Waggy and Lawrence are never going to improve further, Marriott has lost his way completely and has been let out on loan and Whittaker is a young lad learning his trade. 
What were we thinking of?? - the remaining players are not good enough; on top of that it has left us a few injuries away from a complete disaster. 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

The crossing in that game then was some of the worst you will see this season from anyone. 

Lawrence, Knight, Buchanan... man, I can't imagine how they could have hit worse crosses without them counting as clearances. 

I mean why didn't Waghorn get on the 2 90mph 15 ft high crosses delivered by Lawrence and Knight. Laziness. 

Pretty sure in the QPR game our crossing was just as woeful.

Archived