Any one got some thing to look forward too

ram1964

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Retirement in 26 years, hoping we will be out of lockdown so I can collect my gold watch in person.

The way that the age of retirement is being continually raised. You will probably have to add on at least another ten years, before you get your hands on that gold watch.

I feel sorry for the younger members of our society that they will have to work a lot longer than us old foggeys before they will be able to retire.

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The way that the age of retirement is being continually raised. You will probably have to add on at least another ten years, before you get your hands on that gold watch.

I feel sorry for the younger members of our society that they will have to work a lot longer than us old foggeys before they will be able to retire.

Not sure if I will live beyond 65 but I can guarantee I certainly won't be working beyond it!

21 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Yes I feel for those under retirement age. I suppose I’m lucky in a strange way to be 73. Bought a house quite easily way back in Derby and when I moved to London could even afford to buy my current house an ordinary semi for under £200,000 which is now worth £800,000. No chance to buy if you’re young. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

I am getting a new, bigger TV coming on Saturday as that will take up half of my waking life for the next 5 or 6 months. 

What you getting , had a look at a few oled 4k  tv's a while back but managed to get existing tv fixed so didn't bother in the end.

2 hours ago, sage said:

I am getting a new, bigger TV coming on Saturday as that will take up half of my waking life for the next 5 or 6 months. 

Tell us more! 

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

What you getting , had a look at a few oled 4k  tv's a while back but managed to get existing tv fixed so didn't bother in the end.

Break it again. Oled/uled next level. 

4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Tell us more! 

Break it again. Oled/uled next level. 

Nothing too fancy, current TV is a 43" smart tv and the new one is 50" LG HD job with lots of other initials with google assistant etc

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Nothing too fancy, current TV is a 43" smart tv and the new one is 50" LG HD job with lots of other initials with google assistant etc

You can some great deals nowadays. Surprised you didn’t wait a couple of weeks for Black Friday 

Archived