Abu Derby County

tinman

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

yeah, that's what i thought, but these guys ain't buying the club to fanny around with ffp and free 34 year old strikers are they. imo of course 

True , but from what I've been seeing the rich guy everyone is talking about might not be the person buying us , and the new guy might not have much more money than mel to invest 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Why not?

10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

yeah, that's what i thought, but these guys ain't buying the club to fanny around with ffp and free 34 year old strikers are they. imo of course 

Doesn't matter what they are buying it for - they will still be limited by FFP. If they choose to ignore it the EFL does in theory have the power to remove clubs from the promotion places.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Brilliant, Ramit. You need to do more of these. Catatonic, catastrophic. catharthic. Catabolic, delete where inapplicable. I know that this bike has brakes but my hands are so tightly gripping the handlebars that I cannot pull the brakes.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Doesn't matter what they are buying it for - they will still be limited by FFP. If they choose to ignore it the EFL does in theory have the power to remove clubs from the promotion places.

That does not seem so punitive at this stage of the season.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I think they will get the club then get serious sponsorship money, there are ways round it, look at villa

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I still cant get my head around why so many people are reporting that we are set to become the richest club in England, if not the world and that our new owner is a senior royal, when us Derby fans (thanks to the geordie) think there is a case of mistaken identity and our man has a similar wealth to our Mel?

When the Daily Fail and the Sun report something I take no notice, but when the Sky Sports reporters run with a story on their programme it tends to have a little bit of truth, baring in mind Rob Dorsett seems to have good links with the club.

I hope @Owen87ITK first words to the new owner are "welcome to Derby, how much you got?"

We hope that the rapid answer will be, " how much do you want".

As he is a member of the Abu Derby royal family (as reported by East Mids Today) I wonder who he compares with royalty of England’s glorious past and present:

Prince Charles perhaps?

Prince Andrew?

Henry the eighth?

Richard the turd?

Alfred the Great?

Egbert?

Elizabeth the first?

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

We hope that the rapid answer will be, " how much do you want".

No doubt in my mind that the new owners will want to get DCFC into the Premiership. £60 million for the Club is cheap if they want a Premiership team. Good stadium, good fan base, good academy, good young players, good standing in the community. Getting the right management team in place at the right time is the real issue. Benitez for me. Keegan the return. Arsene Wenger.

25 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

True , but from what I've been seeing the rich guy everyone is talking about might not be the person buying us , and the new guy might not have much more money than mel to invest 

I wish folk would make their minds up. One side are saying he’s making all the laws banning gays and making women wear long sleeves and the other are saying he’s no one with no money. Jeez I’m surprised no one is called The Grim Reaper on here!!

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

As he is a member of the Abu Derby royal family (as reported by East Mids Today) I wonder who he compares with royalty of England’s glorious past and present:

Prince Charles perhaps?

Prince Andrew?

Henry the eighth?

Richard the turd?

Alfred the Great?

Egbert?

Elizabeth the first?

I think when they dug up Richard the Turd in Leicester they traced a descendant to someone in Canada to check the DNA don’t ask me how they worked that one out.

6 hours ago, Archied said:

I’m a life long Derby fan and family old to boot so I’m hopefull but also aware that this being Derby we could all to easily end up with the only sheik with no rattle and roll ,,,

please just for once let’s have a bit of luck

We'll be 'reet

14 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Prince Charles perhaps?

Prince Andrew?

Henry the eighth?

Richard the turd?

Alfred the Great?

Egbert?

Elizabeth the first?

Well,

If it’s Richard the turd, he’s bound to be flush.

Archived