Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Such a reliable source. Has Rooney been appointed yet?

Suggest you use slightly more credible sources - for what its worth i think the author of this article has fudged a story from reading it himself and saw the number 500m not realizing it was Morris who was valued at this number and automatically applied it to the Sheikh.

My advice..... don't go near the Daily Fail.

I never said it was credible.

Internet refuses nothing.

As alluded to, the takeover is seemingly going to be the investment company: Bin Zayed Group LLC. The chairman would be the Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan. The investment company as a whole was linked to Liverpool and then Newcastle. It would simply be a business proposition for them, plus they do have history of investments larger than $1bn. It doesn't matter, really, how much the individual is worth. 

I imagine it will be very different to the Mel Morris era, perhaps this will look similar to the Liverpool ownership group: Fenway Sports Group. Although, as we all know, John Henry is the owner the liability is with the investment group he runs. I'd imagine that will be the form this takeover will be concluded. 

It won't just be the money of the Sheikh that we will be spending, more so an army of investors that finances his company for returns. The emphasis being on returns. Premier League clubs can turn very decent profits and look to be set for a new bumper deal in the very near future. 

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes annoying isn’t it. Almost as annoying as “there” instead of “they’re” But I’m on my 4th beer so I’ll let you off ?

Christ, I thought forum grammar prefects went out of fashion in the days of the 606 forum?

4 hours ago, David said:

For me it's simply a case of being willing to hear from the man himself and open to listen to what his intentions for the club are. 

Just because he's from UAE and has distant cousins in the royal family over there isn't a real reason for concern, this would be the same position I would hold if he came from Skegness unless there is direct evidence that suggests he is not a good person.

I won't lie, I'm slightly nervous about potentially stepping into the unknown rather than being excited over the mans bank balance. The grass isn't always greener on the other side they say, but then this isn't exactly our choice, if Mel has decided it's time to walk away you really wouldn't want to stand in his way. 

What else could Mel have done. If he leaves us being run by people with a lot of money and he remains as a consultant that is a good result. If they want to make money from the Rams they will have to get us to the Premiership. If they had taken over earlier we probably would have kept Bogle and Lowe as no need to sell. A massive sponsorship of the Club is the easy route to being able to spend cash on the players. They will not pour money into a manager who is not winning matches. So staying up this season and going for it next season makes sense.

2 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Steve Nic said if the takeover happens, Obolensky and Samuelson won’t be involved. Today their appointments have been terminated by Derventio Holdings (UK) Limited.

It’s happening.

That now seems very likely. Other alternative is that it is now off.

9 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Should he have gone to jail, or to the electric chair for what he did? In Britain, our laws sent him to jail. In another country it would have been the death penalty. 

I didn't really want to get drawn into a political debate. But I'm trying to say that we shouldn't be so judgemental and discriminatory when we don't have all the facts. 

Not being judgmental. But we don't know the facts about his involvement with an oppressive regime, and we don't know the facts about his finances. Forgive me for not dancing in the street. Some people have already decided we're blowing massive sums chasing premiership dreams. It's all a bit deja vu of Fatwaz for me, but with torture involved as well. Sorry if I sound discriminatory over it but I want to understand him in more detail.

18 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It's not off. John Percy said last week those two won't be part of it.

Those 2 have a background in M&A, that is to say they're job would be to facilitate the acquisition, quite correct to say they'd have not part to play once the deal is done so yes, it's either complete or dead in the water. I suspect the former, unfortunately.

Just now, ShoreRam said:

Those 2 have a background in M&A, that is to say they're job would be to facilitate the acquisition, quite correct to say they'd have not part to play once the deal is done so yes, it's either complete or dead in the water. I suspect the former, unfortunately.

Their termination was on the 30th, the day this story came out. The accounts were only updated yesterday.

Archived