Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

If this happens it's quite simple really. If you don't like it don't go to matches. Don't watch or support Derby. You have the right to choose.Derby County aren't going to drag you kicking and screaming down to Pride Park. Mel is the current owner and as such the ultimate decision is his. 

Yeah, that simple ?

Support a club for 20/30/40/50 years - its the fabric of your life & a key part of your identity but you emphatically disagree with the background of a new owner who lets be honest, has no interest whatsoever in Derby & just sees us as a vehicle to access Premiership TV money. Basically Jeremy Keith but with more money in the bank.

And those of us who have an issue with it, stop supporting our team?!! One of the most pathetic posts I've ever read on this forum & good grief, there's some stiff competition. Get a grip.

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Pretty sure GEE wasn't in control or a prince of the USA. It's quite different.

I don’t mean to be rude, but you, like several other posters, clearly have no idea what you are talking about. 

Once travel opens up, maybe you should try visiting and educate yourself. 

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

Yeah, that simple ?

Support a club for 20/30/40/50 years - its the fabric of your life & a key part of your identity but you emphatically disagree with the background of a new owner who lets be honest, has no interest whatsoever in Derby & just sees us as a vehicle to access Premiership TV money. Basically Jeremy Keith but with more money in the bank.

And those of us who have an issue with it, stop supporting our team?!! One of the most pathetic posts I've ever read on this forum & good grief, there's some stiff competition. Get a grip.

Well if you really disagree with something and you what to make a stand against it what do you suggest you do?

Just now, ossieram said:

Of course it is. You hate these people and their values, but are willing to add to their wealth and ignore the atrocities because you want to drive to Skeggy.

What are you going on about. Buying petrol is quite different to a royal family buying a football club. It shouldn't even need stating. 

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I don’t mean to be rude, but you, like several other posters, clearly have no idea what you are talking about. 

Once travel opens up, maybe you should try visiting and educate yourself. 

Hard pass, thanks, though. 

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

All owners want money, that's the business. I don't support the owner I support the club. Owners, managers and players come and go but Derby County will still be Derby County without them.

1 minute ago, Dappled Ram said:

Well if you really disagree with something and you what to make a stand against it what do you suggest you do?

I certainly don't give up on a club I've supported for nigh on 35 years. And its bloody insulting to suggest I should. Derby County, you & I will be here long after those shysters have gone.

Not naive enough to suggest it can be stopped & clearly I'm spitting in the wind given the attraction of multi millions to the majority of our lot but there are ways of highlighting the attitudes of folk from that part of the world & embarrassing them at key points should we start becoming seriously successful. The principle of 'sportswashing' can be turned on its head if done right.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Hard pass, thanks, though. 

Well, tomorrow my wife is driving to Dubai... oh wait she’s not allowed... errrm except she is... just one of about ten examples I could give you on how completely ignorant you are. 

Your response also suggests your not going to change your narrow mindedness anytime soon, it’s a shame, because you will miss out on a lot. 

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Well, tomorrow my wife is driving to Dubai... oh wait she’s not allowed... errrm except she is... just one of about ten examples I could give you on how completely ignorant you are. 

Your response also suggests your not going to change your narrow mindedness anytime soon, it’s a shame, because you will miss out on a lot. 

Would be quite interesting to hear what life is like for you out there, if you've ever got the time to write it all up, mate!

I think there'd be quite a few (myself included) to hear about it in light of some of the suggestions/accusations that are being rightly/wrongly made in this thread!

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I certainly don't give up on a club I've supported for nigh on 35 years. And its bloody insulting to suggest I should. Derby County, you & I will be here long after those shysters have gone.

Not naive enough to suggest it can be stopped & clearly I'm spitting in the wind given the attraction of multi millions to the majority of our lot but there are ways of highlighting the attitudes of folk from that part of the world & embarrassing them at key points should we start becoming seriously successful. The principle of 'sportswashing' can be turned on its head if done 

Well you and I are very different then . If I really felt strongly about something I would walk away and make my feelings known. But I respect your decision to do it your way. Please respect my decision to do it my way. Peace to all and sleep well.

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates#:~:text=In Abu Dhabi%2C a man,by stoning in Abu Dhabi.

http://icfuae.org.uk/news/amnesty-international-condemns-uaes-human-rights-record

With all due respect, there is enough reason for me to be entirely cynical. 

5 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

we would be owned by a dictator though, well one of a cabal.

I’m curious if the stadium will be included as that would make our sale price I assume 80m plus. You’re probably looking at 100 to 150m.

Mel keeps the stadium in his ownership hands - well then he has to grant permission to any development work on it. That then takes the value down dramatically.

In common business rules, a rule of thumb is 6 to 12 times the EBIT. Football doesn’t work like that, for starters we don’t make any profit and instead make a huge loss year after year.

This is really intriguing this sale - if Mel wants to recoup a lot of his losses then the sale price (which of course will be ‘Undisclosed’) will be high but that will tell me this individual/group are serious.

I also expect FFP to be scrapped this year - any football club can just apply force majeure to everything and it will win hands down. So this would give us a January window to go and splash the cash if we want to....

Interesting times ahead. I support it as it’s exciting but do hope Pearce stays as CEO and MM remains in place with an influencing role.

Archived