Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I think it's plainly obvious now that this take over isn't happening. Too much farting about for my liking.

When did you last buy a 100 million company with multiple legal entities and 30 million loans to repay in a few days?

Just now, Curtains said:

What with Warnock 

We will revisit this on Wednesday.

Rooney has cart blanch to pay every game now which is ridiculous 

Rooney had a really good game. Played some great forward passes, linked up with Bird really well. Was always available for a pass so we could play out from the back. Never hid. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney had a really good game. Played some great forward passes, linked up with Bird really well. Was always available for a pass so we could play out from the back. Never hid. 

I watched the whole game mate. 

He played ok but has he got the legs for 3 games in a week. 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do you think it’s all going pear shaped 

Not at all. As someone else has said, silence is a good thing and there are no leaks.

When you look at the structure, there are circa 6 or 7 legal identities that I am guessing are being acquired. The stadium ownership is tricky (and if that is bought for less than 80 million whilst the EFL appeal is going on it could look bad), and i am also hoping they want to repay the loan we took this summer but MSD will be based in the States and I'm sure there would be an early penalty charge on that.

MM has been isolating until Thursday, SP also working remote. Signatures on docs will be needed which can all be done remotely but still a huge complexity.

I'm very confident it'll all happen. I just want to see the new structure and I hope the decision maker knows about football....

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I watched the whole game mate. 

No, which is why his form dipped last season. However I guess there is a clause that he has to play when fit, therefore unfortunately through no fault of himself, chances are he will have to.

52 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Let's be honest it's not ducking happening is it, we might be in Boltons position next season thanks to Morris I've had enough of him. He's bought us to the brink of league 1 and I'm absolutely fuming. 

Sorry but I personally, while not wanting to cause offence,  think u need to take account of ALL he's done, with HIS own money, he's not done so much (the list of horror stories is endless) of what so many owners have done with various clubs. For me, we were/are lucky to have him, he's always had the club at his heart, yes he's made some errors of judgment especially in the early years, but where we would be without him could be a far worse place. Imho.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That's a different question. Hopefully Bielik is match fit(ter). Maybe Knighty. I think that the fact he never hid and was always available for the pass (only once got caught on the ball), really helped the other players. I'm not sure anyone else in our squad has that right now.

2 minutes ago, nfb said:

Sorry but I personally, while not wanting to cause offence,  think u need to take account of ALL he's done, with HIS own money, he's not done so much (the list of horror stories is endless) of what so many owners have done with various clubs. For me, we were/are lucky to have him, he's always had the club at his heart, yes he's made some errors of judgment especially in the early years, but where we would be without him could be a far worse place. Imho.

In a worse place?

Bottom of the league, no longer owning either the stadium and the training ground mortgaged up. 

With a squad of players being paid more than the club earns?

I'd hate to think of the worse place we'd be without him.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Does everyone also realise the same Bristol team who beat us had to shut there training ground and all week trained for 1 day and we still lost. 

I'll be honest, I completely forgot about that, makes the defeat all the worse and all the more depressing.

Although, it puts the idea of Rooney as manger firmly to bed.

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Does everyone also realise the same Bristol team who beat us had to shut there training ground and all week trained for 1 day and we still lost. 

Did they need that week to learn how to play football? Did anyone realise lots of our players couldn't train with us because they were on international duty?

Archived