Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Can this season get any more ridiculous?

watch it all fall through.

I know it's a little melodramatic, but if it did fall through I would be very worried for the future of our club.

John Percy, Radio Derby, Derby Telegraph etc were reporting it would be done this week, "on course for this week", "Tuesday or Wednesday" and nothing.

The meeting between Midhat and Mel etc sounded positive, but until money changes hands, contracts signed etc, the Arabs could see this as too risky and do a u-turn.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

The asking price must be falling game by game?????

quite. MM's biggest nightmare would be div 1 with a championship cost base.  Because he's burning cash in the championship and if things get worse he's in a right pickle

the sheikh's  lot know that, so they will drive a hard deal where points still need to be agreed. Feel a bit sorry for MM just now.

But I still think the deal will happen

30 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Let's be honest it's not ducking happening is it, we might be in Boltons position next season thanks to Morris I've had enough of him. He's bought us to the brink of league 1 and I'm absolutely fuming. 

My word, you like an overreaction don't you?

Where has it been said anywhere that there is any difficulties or hitches in the takeover. The media would love to run a story that the deal is up in smoke and we're ducked, yet I've not even seen any mention of that, not even speculation from the rags. I don't know an awful lot about the process of taking over a football club, and with the greatest respect I highly doubt you have either. However I imagine there is quite a lot of fine details that need to be focussed on in depth, and may well take a bit of time. Clubs shouldn't need to update fans on every single development on phone call to prevent a hissy-fit.

Regarding the brink of League 1 comment... we have 34 games to play and we're 3 points from safety. Yes, this season has been awful and a complete nightmare from start to finish, but anyone would think we're 30 points adrift with 11 games to play. We have plenty of time to get out of it, and make the right decisions to help make that as comfortable as possible. MM has had us in the top-half every single season, in the play-offs more often than not, and backed pretty much every manager he's had. It's arguably the over-backing of some managers which has found us in this position. But to compare us to Bolton and blame Morris for that is ridiculously unfair, much like that entire post to be quite honest.

Archived