Abu Derby County

tinman

6 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I'd like to know why the club is making redundancies 5 weeks before christmas to hardworking commercial staff ahead of a takeover when they could be putting them on furlough.

Coupled with the lack of refund information, there's a massive lack of class from a club that is usually excellent in communicating with fans and dealing with its responsibility to the community.

Added to the "say no to piracy" message in a season where refunds arent being given to fans, where streams are double the price of those living abroad.

It does feel a bit like the club has lost touch with reality a bit.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I'd like to know why the club is making redundancies 5 weeks before christmas to hardworking commercial staff ahead of a takeover when they could be putting them on furlough.

Coupled with the lack of refund information, there's a massive lack of class from a club that is usually excellent in communicating with fans and dealing with its responsibility to the community.

Nail on head, the refund situation has really got my back up from what I’ve been reading . 

There is a massive disconnect now, probably the biggest since the 3 Amigos..... it’s sad and heartbreaking but all we see is training session content making look like we are all nice and jolly with no problems, illegal stream statements whilst not dealing with refunds from up to 8 months ago and now Rooney and the co managers idea in the news being rammed down us to try and make it look like it’s a good idea.

Im all for positivity and trying to do stuff that’s great, but fundamentally our communication and lack of understanding the real concerns fans have had led to this every growing disconnect. I’m losing trust and faith. Please get better

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Very weird that in 20 mins of pre match warm up there’s been no reference at all on RamsTV to the take over.  It’s like an enormous elephant in the corner of the screen

For the record, it’s not, we referenced it.

We discussed it more in the Derby County Show last week, and in Barnsley’s Matchday Live when the club’s statement had gone out. 

There just isn’t much more to say on it yet. 

1 minute ago, Owen87ITK said:

For the record, it’s not, we referenced it.

We discussed it more in the Derby County Show last week, and in Barnsley’s Matchday Live when the club’s statement had gone out. 

There just isn’t much more to say on it yet. 

Any idea on timeframe Owen ? Don’t say 48 hours mate.?

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Shape of things to come??

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Added to the "say no to piracy" message in a season where refunds arent being given to fans, where streams are double the price of those living abroad.

It does feel a bit like the club has lost touch with reality a bit.

EFL set these prices. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Get this takeover sorted DCFC 

Don’t manage the team by committee.

You need a Manager to be in charge to make the decisions 

I’m sure they are sorting. It’s not like a player transfer. A division of my company has been sold to a competitor and it’s taken around 18 months to sort. I don’t think this will take that long but it’s not a case of transferring the cash and getting the keys so to speak. 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’m sure they are sorting. It’s not like a player transfer. A division of my company has been sold to a competitor and it’s taken around 18 months to sort. I don’t think this will take that long but it’s not a case of transferring the cash and getting the keys so to speak. 

I can accept that. 

I suppose I’d just like it sorting as I think we are in Manager limbo at the moment that’s all.  

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I can accept that. 

I suppose I’d just like it sorting as I think we are in Manager limbo at the moment that’s all.  

I agree. I was open to the idea of the 4 leading to one of them ultimately getting the job but after today I can’t back that. 

The club said in the week they and the new ownership were beginning the process for finding a new manager so I’m trusting the process that it’ll be someone new and someone not attached to the regime we’ve just experienced. 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'll be honest, I completely forgot about that, makes the defeat all the worse and all the more depressing.

Although, it puts the idea of Rooney as manger firmly to bed.

It’s why they allowed us to play in front of them and hoped to counter. 

We played straight their trap. Usually teams put a player on Rooney when he plays in midfield, Bristol didn’t because they couldn’t afford to spare a body closing down Rooney. Today he looked to have the freedom of the park and we didn’t make it count.

He’s not get as easier ride as he did today in the upcoming games.

2 hours ago, belperram9 said:

No chance no way this takeover is happening. Look at the state of us. Why would a billionaire Shiekh by a team rock bottom of the championship definitely heading for league 1. 

Shef Utd were purchased by a Saudi prince when they were in league 1 and now look at them trying to take our records in the Prem.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

It was always media sources away from the club who quoted the middle of last week wasn't it?

Indeed.  The only official line from the club stated "... which is expected to close very soon."

This was posted on 6th November, (so 16 days and counting...) following the EFL's clearance to proceed.

I guess "very soon" is very much open to interpretation!

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/11/Derby-county-statement-6th-november

Archived