Abu Derby County

tinman

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Have been reading the new owners might not be worth 200 billion. While others may be disappointed, I am a modest man and would be quite happily accept a new owner that was worth a mere 5-10 billion.

We don’t need much, a few billions will do us just fine, sir

Don’t need much just couple creative midfielders and a young decent number 9 ? 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Have been reading the new owners might not be worth 200 billion. While others may be disappointed, I am a modest man and would be quite happily accept a new owner that was worth a mere 5-10 billion.

We don’t need much, a few billions will do us just fine, sir

Completely agree.

Equally it doesn’t matter how much the Sheikh / the BZG Group are worth, only what they are willing to invest in Derby.

Even a few billion would go quite far, especially in the Championship. No reason not to be cautious, but equally no reason why such a takeover is inherently bad.

I’ve long been a fan of our Mel, but we need fresh ownership and management. 

1 minute ago, SouthernRam said:

Completely agree.

Equally it doesn’t matter how much the Sheikh / the BZG Group are worth, only what they are willing to invest in Derby.

Even a few billion would go quite far, especially in the Championship. No reason not to be cautious, but equally no reason why such a takeover is inherently bad.

I’ve long been a fan of our Mel, but we need fresh ownership and management. 

A few billion ?

We would be winning everything going, I'll take it, but I wont get too excited just yet.

Barry on Twitter reckons the delay is due to Mel finding a box of vintage play boys (including first editions) that once belonged to Paul Jewell in the basement of pride park stadium, Mel has upped the price by 2 million as a result, the Shiekh is only willing to pay an extra million but Mel is holding firm at the extra 2.

If things don't reach a resolution soon you can quite honestly say the deal has gone t!ts up.

Barry will update us further once he knows more.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Barry on Twitter reckons the delay is due to Mel finding a box of vintage play boys (including first editions) that once belonged to Paul Jewell in the basement of pride park stadium, Mel has upped the price by 2 million as a result, the Shiekh is only willing to pay an extra million but Mel is holding firm at the extra 2.

If things don't reach a resolution soon you can quite honestly say the deal has gone t!ts up.

Barry will update us further once he knows more.

they were very precise in the press. They said agreed 'in principle' and they would say nothing further until the deal was concluded. There will be a mountain of paper they now need to agree and sign. So silence for a couple of weeks or more does not necessarily mean tits up     

I have some old editions I am willing to contribute if it helps 

33 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

they were very precise in the press. They said agreed 'in principle' and they would say nothing further until the deal was concluded. There will be a mountain of paper they now need to agree and sign. So silence for a couple of weeks or more does not necessarily mean tits up     

I have some old editions I am willing to contribute if it helps 

Speaking as someone who has purchased a number of companies, a deal of this size and nature can be completed in a matter of a few days the "mountain of paperwork" will all have been studied by the lawyers on both sides especially as this sale and purchase has been ongoing for many weeks, therefore all that needs doing is the signing and completion AND the transfer of funds.

In my experience deals of this size are done quickly or not done at all, my guess is that the hold up could be the funding of the purchase.

12 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Speaking as someone who has purchased a number of companies, a deal of this size and nature can be completed in a matter of a few days the "mountain of paperwork" will all have been studied by the lawyers on both sides especially as this sale and purchase has been ongoing for many weeks, therefore all that needs doing is the signing and completion AND the transfer of funds.

In my experience deals of this size are done quickly or not done at all, my guess is that the hold up could be the funding of the purchase.

sobering post asheville ram    if it goes tits up MM is in a pickle we're probably stuck w PC and div 1 beckons       but the Sheikh wants a club and if he fails for a third time, he begins to lose all credibility           not going to let you dash my hopes yet !

20 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Which would be the same as the 'hold up' when they were looking to buy Liverpool & Newcastle.

Got a feeling this thread will double in size before we know either way & that we're entering a period of purgatory where both the ownership of & managerial situation at the club is in the air for an extended period. Looking increasingly like the latter is dependant on the former.

If this ends up being the case, hope Cocu sees the uncertainty as a 'free hit' & starts being much more bullish with team selections and imposing his philosophy. 

10 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Which would be the same as the 'hold up' when they were looking to buy Liverpool & Newcastle.

Got a feeling this thread will double in size before we know either way & that we're entering a period of purgatory where both the ownership of & managerial situation at the club is in the air for an extended period. Looking increasingly like the latter is dependant on the former.

If this ends up being the case, hope Cocu sees the uncertainty as a 'free hit' & starts being much more bullish with team selections and imposing his philosophy. 

Maybe he will think balls to it, nothing to lose and drop Rooney indefinitely, that will give Mel a head ache.

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

Maybe they are awaiting a loan first to pay for Derby.  

Not as daft as it sounds to be honest 

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe they are awaiting a loan first to pay for Derby.  

Not as daft as it sounds to be honest 

still not getting this doom and gloom. If the deal fails, MM owns damaged goods. So do we think MM would have agreed to an announcement without checking the petrodollars are under the mattress?  

The nervousness starting to infiltrate us all is borne from the wording in the Club statement issued last Friday; 'the transaction is expected to close very soon'

While 'very soon' is open to anyone's interpretation, I think most people have fairly honestly assumed that meant within a few days - and we are getting towards that end of that kind of time frame.

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The nervousness starting to infiltrate us all is borne from the wording in the Club statement issued last Friday; 'the transaction is expected to close very soon'

While 'very soon' is open to anyone's interpretation, I think most people have fairly honestly assumed that meant within a few days - and we are getting towards that end of that kind of time frame.

Well going off derbys definition of 'very soon', next time missus rings me to ask when I'm coming home from the pub on a Friday night and I say "very soon", I know she cant say nothing when I rock up Tuesday morning.

Archived