Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I like the look of him he’s done very well but essentially he’s a CB still learning. 

Much prefer him to Max Lowe. 

Yes I agree with that but he is making a good fist of it and I think he could become extremely good if his pace lasts but then he could fall back into a centre half if it did 

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A point I  wasn't expecting? , however disappointed that we can't maintain a lead and that we sat back and let them plough into us second half which inevitably would lead to them scoring.should have brought Colin on to have an outlet  and physical presence to hold on the ball and break up play. Not in the Cocu out mindset ,but not sure he is grasping the championship as he ought at the moment.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Again,I think that's the point.....and the source of much frustration including your own yesterday.

We could all see what was going to happen and that changes were needed but the management team ignored the obvious and essentially allowed it to happen...poor old Buchanan was just the last link in that chain of failings that led to the goal.

I think you know that too if you were being honest.

That wasn’t 5 minutes

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Again,I think that's the point.....and the source of much frustration including your own yesterday.

We could all see what was going to happen and that changes were needed but the management team ignored the obvious and essentially allowed it to happen...poor old Buchanan was just the last link in that chain of failings that led to the goal.

I think you know that too if you were being honest.

34 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes it was........

I might be arguing in my spare time

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

First half we defended in shape beautifully, our starting point was the three forwards pressing from the half way line. Second half we dropped further and further back until our front three were 30 yards back in our own half. This  wasn't tactics. 

Didn't see it, only heard Talksport2. Why didn't Cocu do something about it then? 

Interestingly we conceded yesterday after we started to attack a little more with Holmes and Lawrence either side of Waghorn.

Most of there chances came from misplaced passes from us as we started to attack. 

Some if this doesn't fit the narrative. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Interestingly we conceded yesterday after we started to attack a little more with Holmes and Lawrence either side of Waghorn.

Most of there chances came from misplaced passes from us as we started to attack. 

Some if this doesn't fit the narrative. 

Quite,I mean just what are we up to in thinking of attacking at all,we are clearly no good at it.

Just place 10 men on the goal line and soak it up for 90 minutes.

I'm up for us drawing every match in the next ten years.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Quite,I mean just what are we up to in thinking of attacking at all,we are clearly no good at it.

Just place 10 men on the goal line and soak it up for 90 minutes.

I'm up for us drawing every match in the next ten years.

Doesn't make it not true.

Obviously we need to give the ball away less when breaking then we may be more inclined to do it.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Was that down to Holmes, or was it down to the substitution of Rooney? 

We carried on as we were for a while, then made the switch. We often sit back and then go for it again with 15 mins left. I think it's a fitness issue. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

We carried on as we were for a while, then made the switch. We often sit back and then go for it again with 15 mins left. I think it's a fitness issue. 

I see what you say, so then why doesn't Cocu know that? For me we've got to the point that it's down to the manager. For you it's reasons that aren't down to the manager. ? #COYR

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I see what you say, so then why doesn't Cocu know that? For me we've got to the point that it's down to the manager. For you it's reasons that aren't down to the manager. ? #COYR

He does know it.

He is altering tactics to cope with returning players not being fit enough to play full tilt 2 games a week.

Or we could rest Lawrence and Waghorn and have a front 3 of Rooney, Holmes and Knight again. 

Archived