Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

56 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Just turned on to see us lose 2 wickets in 2 balls. ?

So, Anuj Dal, batting at 7 today and doesn’t bowl. What is the point? Surely it is a waste of a batsman. 

Anyway, Critchley, what a wonderful start to the season! Well played Sir! 

Yeah, feel they are shoehorning him into the team because he’s such a good fielder. I like him as a one day player, but he doesn’t do enough with bat or ball in the 4 day game. We have enough all rounders in the team, Dal is one too many for me. He’s not a better player than Alex Hughes, so not sure why Hughes is nowhere to be seen this season. He’s scored some runs for the 2nds today, Tom Wood also scored a century. Perhaps pressing a claim for next week, if Dal fails again in the 2nd innings.

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, they are talking out of their arse. The late wickets brought them back into it a bit, but at that point they were well behind.

Agreed.

If you win the toss, put the opposition in and they are still batting at the end of day 1, you have probably not made the right decision.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Advantage my arse.

It's my general impression that the Cricket establishment in biased against the smaller counties and against us particually as an unfasionable and unglamourous County, quite irrelevent to if we are a good side or playing a good game. Just dismissive.

I'd say Derbyshire are ahead in the game, not massivly so and we've yet to see how Wrcester bat their first innings.

32 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's my general impression that the Cricket establishment in biased against the smaller counties and against us particually as an unfasionable and unglamourous County, quite irrelevent to if we are a good side or playing a good game. Just dismissive.

I'd say Derbyshire are ahead in the game, not massivly so and we've yet to see how Wrcester bat their first innings.

I nipped on the bbc website earlier. They didn't even have the big wicket display box for wicket of Mitchell, just a quick sentence squeezed in barely noticeable.