Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

29 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Derbyshire have come out to continue batting, not sure it's really needed. Not sure how many they plan to get before declaring. A quick 5 over dash maybe.

Making sure they can't lose, draws are more valuable this season compared to previous seasons which encourages a more cautious approach.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Making sure they can't lose, draws are more valuable this season compared to previous seasons which encourages a more cautious approach.

Yeah I still don't like it ?

Declaration comes at 312-5, believe that's 3 unbeaten half centuries in a row for Hosein. I'll look.for his average when it updates, he must be right at the top of that table.

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Great to see Ben Aitchison bowling well and picking up wickets. I like the potential of our bowling attack, but it's a little unproven. If Conners and Aitchison keep improving like they are, we could be looking good ?

Another for Aitchinson. 83/6

Disappointing not to get the win after getting them 6 down with plenty of time left. 

Derbyshire suffer from something a lot of counties do, struggling to finish the lower order batsmen off with the old ball. Hopefully Stanlake’s pace and bounce can do that, when he arrives.

3 changes to the team. Godleman out the injured, so Madsen captains the team. Tom Wood comes in to open, really hope he plays well.

Brooke Guest gets the nod to replace Dal, and George Scrimshaw makes his debut replacing Michael Cohen, who didn't ball particularly well in the first 2 games. He has good pace and potential, but still very inconsistent. Never seen Scrimshaw bowl before, interested to see what he's got.

8730F1DE-70A6-4333-B0CC-31FE8AC6D2B7.jpeg