Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Reece out in the first over, lbw, he didn’t look happy with the decision. Du Plooy has come out at 3, which I’d guess will push Critchley up to 5...I like him at 6, just shows we are that 1 batsman short.

He did look quite far over. 

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

He did look quite far over. 

Yeah I thought that, would have liked to see a replay. 

Du Plooy had a bit of luck, but raced to 18 runs. After a injury hampered pre season, and a pair in the 1st game, hopefully just what he needs to get going.

I forgot to mention the wicket is so green, it reminds me of when I played on the grass at the park at Mickleover as a kid ? I’m not expecting a big scoring affair.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Lunch Derbyshire 117/1

Excellent mornings cricket. Had that....here we go again feeling when Reece went in the first over. 

Du Plooy shaky to start, but looking comfortable and the classy batsman he is now, supported by Godleman, playing a typical Godleman innings, agricultural but effective. 

I had better do something useful for the next 40 minutes

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

217-4

Du Plooy out for 98, deserved a century. Looks like Hosein in at 6, which I agree with, but playing Dal as a batsman coming in at 7 feels a bit of a reach.

Its so frustrating that we are an opener short. We could really challenge if we had one that averaged 40+

17 minutes ago, sage said:

Its so frustrating that we are an opener short. We could really challenge if we had one that averaged 40+

Yeah, especially when we add the pace and bounce of Stanlake to the bowling attack. That’s just about all that’s missing.