Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why don't give Tom Wood a decent run in that role?

He’s not done much in the very few chances he’s had, but I don’t think he’d be worse than Dal at 3.

Brooke Guest seems to be next in line. He's played 3 first class games with a batting average of 9, but he’s only 23 (Wood is 26) so I wouldn't mind seeing him getting a run of games to see what he can do. Dal is never going to be a number 3, we are desperately trying to fit him in the team because he’s such a good fielder.

159-5 at lunch.

bizarrely we have the highest partnership of the game now, and the 3 highest scorers.

Will be interesting to see how we approach it after lunch. Just play out the draw, or look to set them something like 180 and tempt them to go for a quick chase, which would be fraught with danger on this pitch.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

159-5 at lunch.

bizarrely we have the highest partnership of the game now, and the 3 highest scorers.

Will be interesting to see how we approach it after lunch. Just play out the draw, or look to set them something like 180 and tempt them to go for a quick chase, which would be fraught with danger on this pitch.

My thoughts entirely. At 11:30 am on Thursday, at 7-3, I would have snatched your hand off for a draw. Now, I probably still would.

More snow/rain came and they’ve shaken hands on a draw. Considering the positions we put ourselves in at the start of both innings, a very good result.

positives, Critchley looked good batting at 6. Hosein batter very well second innings. Bowlers took wickets, and Stanlake and Melton to add as well, we look alright in the bowling department.

The big question mark is that number 3 position, would make such a difference if we can find someone to go there.

Edited by jimbo jones

Squad for the first home game of the season. I had to do my homework on Nick Potts, he’s a young “pace” bowler from Burton. I’d guess he’d be one of the 2 not to make the 11. Hosein did enough to keep the gloves, so it’s between Guest and Dal for that extra batsman spot. I’d guess they try Dal again.

F3FFCF7F-34B0-44FA-A772-B1FC2B6ECEC0.jpeg

As expected, it’s the same team that faced Warwickshire. I guess you have to give Dal more than one game to prove himself at 3.

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bowl....hopefully Du Plooy and Madsen aren’t both at the crease in 15 minutes time....

Edited by jimbo jones