v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

For anyone with any sort of illusion of granduer for the forthcoming season..........it ain't happening.

I cannot imagine how people expected anything better than last year when we've done nothing to improve the squad. Derby will be lucky to avoid relegation without significant changes.

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Pressed pretty well in midfield but haven't been able to do anything with the ball when we've won it back. All 50/50 decisions being given in their favour by the ref

João has killed us, if we'd won the ball and been able to give it to a player like him this would have played out quite differently.

Totally agreed with you the first time I’m not giving you another love ?

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I will hold judgement on te Werik until we have played 10 games (especially after slating Tomori after his debut), but he has been horrific. Not that he’s the only one.

He hasn’t what game are you watching? Second goal is Wisdoms fault ...MTW holds up Jao and Wisdom comes inside ??? why !

Just doing some maintenance on the 2,3, and 4 buttons on my laptop ready for the ratings. 

We just haven't got a strong side out. Anyone who watched pre season and Barrow can't be surprised by this. Things will improve with signings and players returning from injury. This game and Tuesday could be messy.  

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sadly the youngsters are not playing to a high enough standard. Can't keep the ball which is why we have no attacking threat. No creativity going forward. Same old same old.... 

Too many wrong decisions Bird heading the ball when he should have controlled it on his chest. Heavy touches that have lost us the ball when going forward. Silly fouls then the final ball has been non existent. Early days but we need to get it right.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well that was thoroughly awful. Don’t think any of us expected anything else though with the options we had available, this current side is relegation scrap quality. Very disappointed with the goals we’ve conceded though, very basic errors. The fullback selection that I mentioned before the game has been proved the wrong call, slow fullbacks against Readings pacey wingers is a recipe for disaster. They just look quicker all over the pitch, first to every ball, whilst we’ve been very lax and appear half asleep. Fitness doesn’t look up to the right levels either which I feared after a poor pre season. We’ve got a long season ahead if we don’t get some players in, we really have.

Completely agree with all your post and i did say prior to kick off with the players we have at our disposal at present i was concerned.We need players in the door and quick the pre season and Barrow games told you everything you needed to know as to were we are as a team,not a single effort on target again this is becoming embarrassing

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes I had heard, just my view on our lack of a cutting edge up top. I actually rate Jack, but not as a lone striker. Can’t see us creating anything so that is why I have predicted 0-2. Things will look a lot better once the injuries ease and we have a couple of attacking signings come in.

I agree we are really lacking any creativity - as proven in this first half - and, even when the injured return, it's essential we do bring in more creative players.

I only answered your point because we knew ahead of this game that it would be so difficult to produce anything. I just hoped we'd defend better than we have.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Surely we have had exactly the same pre-season as Reading so we should have been achieving similar fitness levels - especially as their pre-season was interrupted by a manager change following a disruptive player departure.

If our training regime is not very good then that needs calling out and fixing?

The pace and power of a team isn't solely down to the training regime. Two people on the same regime will not be the same in every athletic area. 

The fact is that we lack any powerful athletes, and some teams, Reading included, have quite a few. None of our lads are tired, and most of them don't look particularly tired at the end of games. They're all fit, they're just not explosive. 

1 minute ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Yep, I’m out of here. Usual suspects can’t wait to vent. It’s the first match and we have several key players out ffs.

Even with several key players out, the type of football has not changed, still slow, boring and predictable. I have a feeling that even with the absentees, the footie would still be the same.

Archived