Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have a feeling the club know the verdict and are probably thrashing out with the EFL how we amend our amortisation accounting policy before a statement is released.

I refuse to believe a verdict hasnt been reached, it's a bloody game of football, it cannot take this long.

If the club knew or anyone knew, it would've without a doubt leaked out by now. None of us are experts on this sort of stuff nor how long it should actually take.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Absolutely.

The verdict should be given to us fans as it’s not fair .

Lets be honest about this it’s the Derby fans that are suffering here 

It is frustrating but the fans are not suffering. That's a bit extreme. It isn't preventing us from supporting the club or doing anything else. The outcome doesn't really make much odds to us fans, it's up to the club to deal with it if needs be.

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It is frustrating but the fans are not suffering. That's a bit extreme. It isn't preventing us from supporting the club or doing anything else. The outcome doesn't really make much odds to us fans, it's up to the club to deal with it if needs be.

Do the two not go hand in hand?

The club suffers, we suffer... ur making the assumption the club can get themselves out a point deduction hole. 

im Sure like many I’m worried  next year that a 12 point deduction would see us be embedded in a relegation dog fight, potentially struggle to then attract players and then ur fighting a relegation dog fight with kids... I realise this all what ifs buts and maybes and assuming worst case 

I just rather this was not even a thing tbh and the sooner it’s sorted the better 

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’m going to chuck my hat in the ring and say tonight is the night. Our hearing apparently started 2 weeks after sheff Wednesdays and they got their verdict 2 weeks ago today! 

I sort of  think it might be.  Fingers crossed 

I have it on very good authority that the announcement will be made this evening. We will receive a suspended 8 point reduction, with the penalty being based on us following new agreed rules and procedures. 

Yours

Walter Mitty

I very much hope we are cleared and found not to have acted contrary to any rules. If so, Mel and the club and all fans should be pretty miffed that this cloud has hung over us for so long. 

But if the result is that we are sanctioned then any ire should not be directed at the independent panel, or the efl, but at the club for putting us in this position.

Mel's reputation hinges, for me, on the outcome

3 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I very much hope we are cleared and found not to have acted contrary to any rules. If so, Mel and the club and all fans should be pretty miffed that this cloud has hung over us for so long. 

But if the result is that we are sanctioned then any ire should not be directed at the independent panel, or the efl, but at the club for putting us in this position.

Mel's reputation hinges, for me, on the outcome

Cobblers

42 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

If the club knew or anyone knew, it would've without a doubt leaked out by now. None of us are experts on this sort of stuff nor how long it should actually take.

I'm no expert, but to be charged in January and to be sat here less than a month until kick off and we dont yet know whether we start next season on 0 points or not, the common sense in me says this has taken longer than it should have.

45 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The verdict could have massive implications on my beloved football club.     

As a fan that bothers me.  

Sadly, that cuts no ice. Were just customers so are lumped together with "the public".

I quite like an M&S sarnie. But they're unlikely to tell me they're stopping sandwiches before everyone else....?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Sadly, that cuts no ice. Were just customers so are lumped together with "the public".

I quite like an M&S sarnie. But they're unlikely to tell me they're stopping sandwiches before everyone else....?

Would M&S in that scenario not be Derby rather than the EFL?

You could go and buy sandwiches elsewhere but you have a strong allegiance to their sandwiches....so you wouldn't. 

Really confused ??

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Would M&S in that scenario not be Derby rather than the EFL?

You could go and buy sandwiches elsewhere but you have a strong allegiance to their sandwiches....so you wouldn't. 

Really confused ??

If Derby County are an M&S Chicken Club Sandwich, then I'm guessing that makes the EFL a marmite sandwich with the crusts cut off.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What happened to the poster that said the verdict would be delivered last week?

He wasnt wrong though, it was due to be delivered last week but the poster didnt realise it was being delivered by Hermes. 

If someone at the club checks behind the gate the verdict will probably be found chucked behind the gate broken into a billion bits.

47 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm just worried the decision could hamper any chances of a successful promotion..... 

Archived