Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

13 hours ago, Spanish said:

I agree but the only scenario must be that the EFL were complicit in this arrangement which was clearly against all assessment of what is right and proper.  I still feel but have no real evidence that the IDC approached their findings from the perspective of the other 21 clubs and not the EFL.

The EFl agreed that the sale could be counted for ffp if it was included in the 2017-18 accounts. However I don’t suppose they were expecting sheff wed  to prevaricate for a year. And the IDC chair noted that they weren’t sufficiently experienced in commercial law to appreciate that the transfer of land cannot be based on a verbal agreement. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van Rammeister said:

I’m guessing we’re still in the Championship?

Yes, but you'll be pleased to know next season will be one of transition, then we'll be ready for a promotion push .  we don't want to get promoted too soon as we got 11 points a hundred years ago and the risk is to great that it may happen again.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Yes ... but we won the prem in 2072 ... Mel was still chairman thanks to Elon Musk who developed cryogenics life extending tech. 

this is the reason his statue was erected, but Florist fans  ( 400 years on ) see it as a symbol of oppression and the reason their  god forsaken outpost of humanity has been relegated to spend eternity in the “home worm farms PLC , plastic recycling league” for the last half millennium.

Is Gareth Barry still playing ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

Yes ... but we won the prem in 2072 ... Mel was still chairman thanks to Elon Musk who developed cryogenics life extending tech. 

Presumably we have stitched Rooney’s head onto the body of a monkey, so he can keep playing. 

I knew there was something somewhere about this, what I didn't realise was that it was in the very same paper written by the very same person!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8279199/AHEAD-GAME-Players-rival-clubs-warned-Chelsea-stars-drop-pay-cut-agreement.html

Derby SET TO SUFFER DELL DELAY 

Derby's growing financial problems, which led to their players and staff agreeing wage deferrals this week, have been exacerbated by a delay in concluding a £30m loan from MSD Capital. 

The proposed loan from the investment company owned by American billionaire Michael Dell has been held up as the firm have previously invested in Sunderland, and there is concern that if either club defaulted MSD could have a stake in two rival clubs. 

Derby's cash-flow issues have been compounded by the fact that they begin the process of renewing season tickets later than most clubs at the end of April, so have yet to bank any ticket money relating to next season.

The fact it was said to be close ("advanced talks") in March by John Percy, the quote above was from May and it took until August to actually happen, maybe would suggest that we have now got clarity on the situation and the new article is just scaremongering nonsense?

So, by all accounts, we can’t borrow money to survive now? I would say I’m somewhat disillusioned with football now, but it’s more than that. The club is playing predominantly the youth team now and borrowing money to keep from going bust, yet the EFL and other teams are relentless in seeing this club in the ground. crazy. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

So, by all accounts, we can’t borrow money to survive now? I would say I’m somewhat disillusioned with football now, but it’s more than that. The club is playing predominantly the youth team now and borrowing money to keep from going bust, yet the EFL and other teams are relentless in seeing this club in the ground. crazy. 

It's unbelievable isn't it.

Has anyone ever checked the current situations of other clubs, are they being scrutinised to the same level we are?

Wonder if there are some little known rules any of them have broken? What's good for the goose and all that. ?

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Doesn't matter what we do at this point, we've been assigned the role of villain and the witch hunt won't stop until they get us relegated. duck the EFL and all the other clubs poking their noses in. I hope our club cuts ties with the likes of Boro and Barnsley.

If they are back dating rules then surely they should be investigating Middlesbrough’s chairman selling his clubs debt to his own companies which was within the rules then but not allowed now. Also doing that may also have cost tax payers money as well I’m sure I read .

As others have said maybe EFL investigation into all clubs open that Pandora’s box. Also get forensic accountants on the money trail let’s see where the Gumps money comes from ? 

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

If they are back dating rules then surely they should be investigating Middlesbrough’s chairman selling his clubs debt to his own companies which was within the rules then but not allowed now. Also doing that may also have cost tax payers money as well I’m sure I read .

As others have said maybe EFL investigation into all clubs open that Pandora’s box. Also get forensic accountants on the money trail let’s see where the Gumps money comes from ? 

Remember when Gibson suggested "why don't we all agree that we can all look into each other's finances" and the clubs went "no, we're not going to vote for that!"?

You're right, I don't think there are very many clubs who would welcome very detailed scrutiny of the books.

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Remember when Gibson suggested "why don't we all agree that we can all look into each other's finances" and the clubs went "no, we're not going to vote for that!"?

You're right, I don't think there are very many clubs who would welcome very detailed scrutiny of the books.

Mel offered to show the DCFC books to Middlesborough but Gibson declined as I recall 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes, but you'll be pleased to know next season will be one of transition, then we'll be ready for a promotion push .  we don't want to get promoted too soon as we got 11 points a hundred years ago and the risk is to great that it may happen again.

It’s the same we don’t try in the fa cup. We once lost by a record score and don’t want to relive that again

30 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Mel offered to show the DCFC books to Middlesborough but Gibson declined as I recall 

I always imagined that we probably put some form of unacceptable (to Gibson) restrictions on the offer - non disclosure, desist in other actions or something else that he wasn't prepared to accept.

Archived