Independence day

King Kevin

So what's your day been like ? I went to my local which was supposed to be booked solid and it was absolutely dead .When to another pub which I won't name but was like a normal pub .

No social distancing just like it was before all this Covid 19 started .Wrong I know but it was brilliant .

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

So what's your day been like ? I went to my local which was supposed to be booked solid and it was absolutely dead .When to another pub which I won't name but was like a normal pub .

No social distancing just like it was before all this Covid 19 started .Wrong I know but it was brilliant .

Bye.

33 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Outstanding

34 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well done. 

4 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Weddings off mate,thought we’d do it quick in between things(only taken 25 years).

Town Hall isn’t reopening yet so our end of July is off?. Not a disaster sort of inevitable really.

Got the same issue with my daughters wedding ,was due in March we were faced with going ahead but if lockdown happened  we lose everything or postpone .

To make it worse the place had gone into administration  previously but thankfully the administrators were going to honour the wedding ,then the bloody place was flooded and then of course Covid 19.

You have my sympathy mate but it will be ok in the end.

54 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well, I for one would appreciate a name check.   

If it's open to the public, it's open to the public, so not sure about the secrecy?  ?

4 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Come and tell my wife that.

She had 3 patients who she'd swabbed earlier in the week come back positive on Friday.

She's had to test 4 more later in the week, 3 of whom she is sure are positive but won't get the results until next week.

She's super down at the moment because she's resigned to the fact that it's not whether she'll get it, but when.

I'm less pessimistic even though I know if she gets infected I almost certainly will, but I'm not complacent enough to walk into a bar.

And I am super, super extroverted. 

So yeh, it's brilliant for you.

We all get that.

But rather than giving a round of applause to the front line workers next time, how about showing some actual respect?

Took my kids to the park. As it happens it's just had a £50k lottery funded overhaul and they were so excited to see the gates open. Every kid in the village was there. Social distancing was loosely observed.

Our local pub is open, normal bar service, honesty box for track and trace contact details. Normal pub experience assured. We're giving it a couple of weeks before we go. Not entirely sure it's being taken seriously around these hills.

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Come and tell my wife that.

She had 3 patients who she'd swabbed earlier in the week come back positive on Friday.

She's had to test 4 more later in the week, 3 of whom she is sure are positive but won't get the results until next week.

She's super down at the moment because she's resigned to the fact that it's not whether she'll get it, but when.

I'm less pessimistic even though I know if she gets infected I almost certainly will, but I'm not complacent enough to walk into a bar.

And I am super, super extroverted. 

So yeh, it's brilliant for you.

We all get that.

But rather than giving a round of applause to the front line workers next time, how about showing some actual respect?

You have know idea what I do or my wife regarding how we work or conduct our lives .Why don't you think before you post?

Sith Happens

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-soho-london-twitter-bars-pubs-cases-latest-a9601976.html

Huge crowds of people now social distancing. Also had heard there had been something go off in Nottingham which is confirmed in this article.

Wonder how many Mickey Mouse's there were filled in on the honest slips up and down the country.

Personally think pubs should take more responsibility in gathering details and do it from photo ID.

12 hours ago, froggg said:

81FA7594-4FF5-4E6E-A299-A69613A352D7.thumb.png.ce6f048827ddfed39bd6a92ae36a588a.png

Started a bit like this, after the smash and grab.

I’m just trying to work out why you’d take a screen print but not an actual photo? I keep trying to press the big white circle on your behalf. 

I have a confession to make...
I deliberately "showed an interest" in the OP, which may come across as showing a positive interest in the unnamed pub.  I now know the identity of the pub, and if truth be told, my next move was to then "slag off" the pub for being "Pre-Covid normal".... and those seeing it as a positive, I guess.  I was in the mood for a rant!
But I now appreciate it's not my place to do so.  I appreciate that those that choose to take this approach have their own reasons, and as @King Kevin correctly points out, we don't know their circumstances, nor their reasons for such an approach.

I can't say I agree with it.  I do see it as being selfish, inconsiderate, and disrespectful, but we all have our own personal thoughts, opinions, and approaches to such matters, and I guess no side has a right to lecture the other.

I'm far from impressed with the scenes in Soho last night, amongst many, many others over the past few months.  Personally, I'll be trying to keep away from such places.  I'm in absolutely no rush to "get back to normal".
We'll continue to try to keep our distance.  Shopping when we have to, yes.  Working as safely as is practicable, of course.
Pubs, cinemas, restaurants, planes and beaches etc... no thanks, not for me! 

Other than the elderly and "slightly under the weather" father-in-law, we've visited nobody's home (or garden), and have actively discouraged others to visit us.  We have had a couple of small family gatherings on local park land, social distancing and for a short... but welcome... period.  For now at least, we'll continue with that approach.  Family birthday celebrations will continue to be put on hold, in the hope we have many more to celebrate in the future!

We're big campers (tent), and are missing our canvas fix massively, but we're still not desperate enough to risk using shared ablutions facilities, either on the continent or here in the UK, so the wait will have to continue.  We'll stick to local bike rides and hiking, and returning daily to our own "facilities", for the foreseeable future!
I guess we're as keen as anyone "to see how things develop, over the coming weeks", now places are re-opening, and high numbers start to flock back to them!

I must point out, my own approach isn't out of respect for our NHS heroes and our shop workers, or even out of consideration for others, be that family, friends, or total strangers.  It's for no less selfish reasons than others have for their own approach.  I don't want to contract the virus.  I don't want to be ill, and I most certainly don't want to die. I may now have lived almost a decade longer than my own father did, but by my reckoning 57 is still "far too early"!
I am, without doubt, taking a 100% selfish approach to all this, so I have absolutely no right to question others, who may well be equally selfish, but with an opposite approach.

Fingers crossed, we'll all come out safe and well on the other side, and none of us will have regrets.
Time will tell, I guess.

#Livesmatter.
xxx

Archived