Independence day

King Kevin

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, rynny said:

We had 8 tables booked in the pub I work at, yesterday for the game, 3 turned up. 

exactly,  when you are a restaurant running on full capacity the odd no show is maybe not an issue. 

That's poor that 5 groups let you down, no doubt a lot of hard work had gone into getting it ready,  it's a shame people can be so thoughtless and selfish.

Hope it all goes ok for you. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Can they use that tenner to pay for beer when they get there?

Yes it's taken off the bar tab. The gripe was that if it was raining and you had to go inside but couldn't because of social distancing or if one of the party caught Covid 19 in the interim then you lose your cash 

25 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

exactly,  when you are a restaurant running on full capacity the odd no show is maybe not an issue. 

That's poor that 5 groups let you down, no doubt a lot of hard work had gone into getting it ready,  it's a shame people can be so thoughtless and selfish.

Hope it all goes ok for you. 

We had a decent start to it. We didn't think it was going to be as busy as most were predicting, and it turned out how we expected. 

We've only had 1 person refuse to leave contact details because the NHS isn't the NHS. Apparently I'm an uneducated fool for thinking that!! 

Every other customer has been polite, patient and cooperative. All have adhered to the social distancing (easy in my place for how big it is). 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, rynny said:

We had a decent start to it. We didn't think it was going to be as busy as most were predicting, and it turned out how we expected. 

We've only had 1 person refuse to leave contact details because the NHS isn't the NHS. Apparently I'm an uneducated fool for thinking that!! 

Every other customer has been polite, patient and cooperative. All have adhered to the social distancing (easy in my place for how big it is). 

if someone refuses to leave details are you able to refuse to serve them ?

must admit I'm looking forward to a proper pub beer,  just think will hang on for a bit.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

must admit I'm looking forward to a proper pub beer,  just think will hang on for a bit.

From what I can gather we have to refuse them. Well we certainly are refusing them. 

So just been out for  nice meal with the grand kids ,thought I might come on here and ask for permission first as I didn't want to upset the virtue signalling contingent that get their knickers in a twist over people going out .To be fair the post that set them all off was slightly exaggerated as I completely forgot the social distancing for pubs is now one metre not two but hey  ho well worth it just to wind the small minded up .

Have a nice night.

42 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

31 minutes ago, rynny said:

From what I can gather we have to refuse them. Well we certainly are refusing them. 

How will contact tracing work?

UK pub and hospitality trade bodies have published guidance for bars and restaurants on how to operate contact tracing.

Contact details only need to be taken from one person in a group

The details must be kept for 21 days

Customers only need to give their name and phone number. Owners should also note their arrival time, and how long they stay

Data can be taken in any way - on paper, online or during a phone booking

People can refuse to give information, but owners can choose not to serve them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52977388

Went to see my 93 year old mum for the first time in 4 months.

i would usually take her out for lunch, but didn’t. I told that places were still shut. They’re not. 

I still don’t quite fancy public venues, and she lives just outside Leicester, which doesn’t help.

22 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

So just been out for  nice meal with the grand kids ,thought I might come on here and ask for permission first as I didn't want to upset the virtue signalling contingent that get their knickers in a twist over people going out .To be fair the post that set them all off was slightly exaggerated as I completely forgot the social distancing for pubs is now one metre not two but hey  ho well worth it just to wind the small minded up .

Have a nice night.

So I'm small-minded, am I? Thanks very much.

A piece of advice - don't post when drunk. 

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So I'm small-minded, am I? Thanks very much.

A piece of advice - don't post when drunk. 

There you go eddie making assumptions and being wrong again ,if I've been out for a meal with the grand kids I'm certainly not drunk but you are very predictable.

17 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There you go eddie making assumptions and being wrong again ,if I've been out for a meal with the grand kids I'm certainly not drunk but you are very predictable.

You sure you aren't drunk now? @Eddie was clearly referring to your post yesterday after you had been in the pub and thought it was brilliant that everyone was ignoring social distancing rule.

Far from 'winding people up', I was more concerned that you will get ill. What sort of people would pack into a pub yesterday do you think? Probably the sort of ones who think they can't catch Covid as they can't see it. You have grandkids too so are clearly in a more risky age group.

54 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

It was yesterday's vomit which you spewed all over your keyboard I was referring to, when you decided that anybody else who doesn't feel that they ought to behave like a moronic jerk was worthy of your scorn.

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You sure you aren't drunk now? @Eddie was clearly referring to your post yesterday after you had been in the pub and thought it was brilliant that everyone was ignoring social distancing rule.

Far from 'winding people up', I was more concerned that you will get ill. What sort of people would pack into a pub yesterday do you think? Probably the sort of ones who think they can't catch Covid as they can't see it. You have grandkids too so are clearly in a more risky age group.

I'm more concerned that he might infect others.

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It was yesterday's vomit which you spewed all over your keyboard I was referring to, when you decided that anybody else who doesn't feel that they ought to behave like a moronic jerk was worthy of your scorn.

If @King Kevinhad said, 'yeh I'd had a few, that probably wasn't my smartest post' I'd have had total respect and even casually tossed a laughing emoji his way.

I rarely post after a drink on here, but that's mainly because of time zones and nobody being on here and not because I'm smart or don't talk out of my ass when I've had one too many.

Anyway, I'm on keto at the moment, so not drinking. So the baalocks I'm posting at present really is what I think when relatively coherent. 

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If @King Kevinhad said, 'yeh I'd had a few, that probably wasn't my smartest post' I'd have had total respect and even casually tossed a laughing emoji his way.

I rarely post after a drink on here, but that's mainly because of time zones and nobody being on here and not because I'm smart or don't talk out of my ass when I've had one too many.

Anyway, I'm on keto at the moment, so not drinking. So the baalocks I'm posting at present really is what I think when relatively coherent. 

Ketamine?

49 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The pubs opened in Utch on Saturday. By 8.00pm there was a full scale fight, Someone got glassed and a Police officer suffered a broken cheek bone.

The young dheads fighting were all druggies well known to the police.

Just think how bad it could of been if people had met up with others from more than 1 household.

This is from the first page of the government coronavirus website:

"You should not: gather indoors in groups of more than two households (your support bubble counts as one household) - this includes when dining out or going to the pub"

Yet multiple households are allowed to gather together inside a pub and drink until any social distancing measures originally implemented are totally ignored. Farcical.

51 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just think how bad it could of been if people had met up with others from more than 1 household.

This is from the first page of the government coronavirus website:

"You should not: gather indoors in groups of more than two households (your support bubble counts as one household) - this includes when dining out or going to the pub"

Yet multiple households are allowed to gather together inside a pub and drink until any social distancing measures originally implemented are totally ignored. Farcical.

And what does that tell you, eh?  Astronomical official incompetence?  Sure the pandemic is real, but we are being played like cheap fiddles with a saw for a bow.

Archived