Independence day

King Kevin

Hundreds allowed to mingle with booze inside them but I can't go back to work because the person who sits behind me would need to walk too close to my back to get out. 

Drinking from home has been relaxed but working from home hasn't. 

I know we need to get these industries back up but the good old British drinking culture often seems to take precedence over more pressing needs. 

Keeps the proles quiet whilst Rome burns. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Hundreds allowed to mingle with booze inside them but I can't go back to work because the person who sits behind me would need to walk too close to my back to get out. 

Drinking from home has been relaxed but working from home hasn't. 

I know we need to get these industries back up but the good old British drinking culture often seems to take precedence over more pressing needs. 

Keeps the proles quiet whilst Rome burns. 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Presumably though, the issue you have at work is down to your employers interpretation of the requirements and not the government?

Walking behind someone for something that would surely take a couple of seconds must be very very low risk and, I would have thought, OK. Even with the track and trace process, if you caught the virus, I don't think you'd have to report them as someone you'd been in close proximity to. The rules say:

having face-to-face contact with someone (less than 1 metre away)

spending more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of someone

Actually, ignore the above. I can see that the advice says "only those unable to work from home should go into work"

I know it's not easy for some to work from home but for many others it suits quite nicely. Sadly, for whatever reason, you're one of the former. Just keep reminding yourself of the commuting time and costs you're probably saving.

On 05/07/2020 at 19:30, RamNut said:

Went to see my 93 year old mum for the first time in 4 months.

i would usually take her out for lunch, but didn’t. I told that places were still shut. They’re not. 

I still don’t quite fancy public venues, and she lives just outside Leicester, which doesn’t help.

Interesting postscript.

i received an email from my sister in law, ?????? detailing all the social distancing and other protocols that I failed to observe during my visit. Apparently I shouldn’t have allowed my mother to hug me, and if I was unable to avoid close contact I should have worn a face covering. Hands must be washed on arrival.  

Lovely woman.

On 05/07/2020 at 23:09, uttoxram75 said:

The pubs opened in Utch on Saturday. By 8.00pm there was a full scale fight, Someone got glassed and a Police officer suffered a broken cheek bone.

The young dheads fighting were all druggies well known to the police.

8 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The (old) new normal!

There's nothing new about that in Uttoxeter.

Looks like the numbers are falling quite a lot the past few days. Of 70k tests less than 1% are coming back positive. 

Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll see the deaths hit very low levels. 

Personally I think the pubs opened up 2 weeks too early.

3 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Looks like the numbers are falling quite a lot the past few days. Of 70k tests less than 1% are coming back positive. 

Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll see the deaths hit very low levels. 

Personally I think the pubs opened up 2 weeks too early.

I think you're right. Hopefully we will show that everyone else locked down two weeks too long, but it seems unlikely that the rest of the world got their science wrong and we got it right. Time will tell.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think Brentford fans would be among the least likely in the league to be involved in any fighting. Especially after a game about 3 hours from Brentford when no fans were allowed.

seriously the amount of idiots about I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised though, that's why I asked. 

I've given up trying to understand some people right now.

Archived