Live football thread.

Rev

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

See Pep is having his usual little mardy session "just because he's losing".  

cry baby GIF

Don't think it will happen, but I would live it if Luton beat them. Absolutely love it.

I think he is mystified at why Bernardo Silva was pulled up for a foul throw just before Luton scored. It never was.

Luton’s goal was excellent. Barkley did brilliant in midfield, Townsend’s cross was a peach and the striker leapt so early he gave the defenders no chance. 

City must be wondering what is going on. They keep dominating and just conceding out of nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think he is mystified at why Bernardo Silva was pulled up for a foul throw just before Luton scored. It never was.

Luton’s goal was excellent. Barkley did brilliant in midfield, Townsend’s cross was a peach and the striker leapt so early he gave the defenders no chance. 

City must be wondering what is going on. They keep dominating and just conceding out of nowhere.

Barkley was outstanding starting that move cracking goal agreed 

Chelsea are so bad they are 8 points behind Manchester United who are also terrible.

I’m amazed Pochettino isn’t under more pressure. Yes they are a mess with all their players, but for what they have at their disposal, there is no way they should be bottom half having won only 5 games from 16.

Everton are a mess yet they’ve picked up 4 more points than Chelsea so far this season.

Not a good night for English football and the strength of the Premier League when 2 of the clubs have finished bottom.

Newcastle were in a difficult group, have a small squad and several injuries.

Man Utd meanwhile have no excuses.

The PL will now be relying on Arsenal and City to go far to help with the coefficient points to get that fifth spot next season.

Edited by Bris Vegas

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Aberdeen 2-0 Eintracht Frankfurt

Kelle Roos holds another ball under pressure.🙄

What a game he's had.

It's been a weird Euro campaign. 

Should have beaten PAOK at home(var 🤬🤬) and Helsinki home and away.

The away performances have been good, 2 draws and a narrow defeat to Eintracht. 

All in all, our first European tour for years and we performed well. 

It doesn't half affect your league form though.....

8 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

It's been a weird Euro campaign. 

Should have beaten PAOK at home(var 🤬🤬) and Helsinki home and away.

The away performances have been good, 2 draws and a narrow defeat to Eintracht. 

All in all, our first European tour for years and we performed well. 

It doesn't half affect your league form though.....

Does this show that the Scottish league is getting stronger, or that the other European leagues are really crap. Real Betis were unbeaten at home, even drawing with Real Madrid, and was it Frankfurt that just spanked Bayern Munich. Is it a case of after the Lord Mayors show, or are rangers and Aberdeen really better than Madrid and Bayern?

is football just a funny old game?

On 15/12/2023 at 07:42, TigerTedd said:

Does this show that the Scottish league is getting stronger, or that the other European leagues are really crap. Real Betis were unbeaten at home, even drawing with Real Madrid, and was it Frankfurt that just spanked Bayern Munich. Is it a case of after the Lord Mayors show, or are rangers and Aberdeen really better than Madrid and Bayern?

is football just a funny old game?

After the Lords mayor's show, without a doubt. 

Champions league level is a step too far, the Old firm should be targetting last 16 in Europa league. 

Hearts, Hibs  Aberdeen just want to qualify for League stages of Conference league. 

I think our (Aberdeen) revenue without Europe is circa £25m per season. 

The European run has given us £6m on top of that. It makes a fair difference. 

I hate to say this, but Rangers recently have sussed out the Europa League and have done well.