v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin for Waghorn and we’ll walk this one. Still worried about them though, any time a cross comes in there’s panic in our back 5

Decent first half that, aside from the fact we still haven’t learnt how to cross, or how to defend one, over lockdown. Some lovely spells of composed possession in the Millwall half, though it was always going to be difficult to break them down. We need to remain patient, but also get  Waghorn more involved - everything’s going through Sibley at the moment and they’ll no doubt have a man on him second half after his excellent first 45.

Been a decent first half but we've not threatened that much to say we've had majority of the ball. Other than Sibley (who has been excellent), we look a bit blunt. Lawrence & Holmes particularly quiet - Lawrence needs to focus on getting his shots off earlier & both need to offer more support to their fullbacks.

Bit more bravery & urgency in possession second half playing through lines, get shots off & stop their delivery from wide to Smith - we can definitely win this. Would also agree Martin could prove an excellent foil for Lawrence, Sibley & Holmes rather than Waggy.

Had a quick look at the Millwall forum, they're really enjoying this... worst they've played since Rowett joined and apparently the ref is a Bamford because half of their players will still having their water break. 

Football is back and I love it!

Just now, G-Ram said:

We've played some excellent passing but it's be nice now and again to see someone drive with the ball at them.

Take a gamble & be a bit more direct. Feels like we get in a good position & go backwards too much. 

Wisdom should be getting his body across in them situations. If you're going to get done for pace get across & make him push you in the back ?

Overall pretty good half of passing football. Typical Rowett tactics to site back then break 

We look 3-d to Millwall’s 1-dimensional play. We’ll tire second half so fresh legs key. Get Martin on 65 minutes and tell Lawrence to play off him. 

8 minutes ago, jono said:

To be honest the wriggling dogged  terrier running, tidy feet and peachy finish makes me think Scholes ( and he can leather a ball too ) brilliant. 

Going to upset a few but I think Sibley will be better than Hughes, just hope we can keep hold of him....has a massive future 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Going to upset a few but I think Sibley will be better than Hughes, just hope we can keep hold of him....has a massive future 

Being better than Hughes turned out to not be as high a bar as many thought it would be when Will was playing for us. Think Sibley's a shoe-in for that particular accolade, myself.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Decent first half that, aside from the fact we still haven’t learnt how to cross, or how to defend one, over lockdown. Some lovely spells of composed possession in the Millwall half, though it was always going to be difficult to break them down. We need to remain patient, but also get  Waghorn more involved - everything’s going through Sibley at the moment and they’ll no doubt have a man on him second half after his excellent first 45.

2-3 important signings in key areas and we'll be a force to be reckoned with...do not forget this team is still not finished in terms of players...I'm sure Cocu has some in mind

Just now, S8TY said:

2-3 important signings in key areas and we'll be a force to be reckoned with...do not forget this team is still not finished in terms of players...I'm sure Cocu has some in mind

If we keep improving the youngsters and get more of them on the pitch , it will just get better. Think next season might be too early but the one after...

Archived