Our Derby County Collection - Luke & Keith Boden

Quangy

46 minutes ago, Quangy said:

Have you got a photo mate? I haven't got my book to hand. I'll update the information if so. Thank you ?

Sorry I cannot get a good quality photo due to the small print, but appearances in the no.3 shirt in the league were

Nish 10, Webster 16, Newton 9, Daniel 5, Thomas R. 2.  - obviously a problem position that year, but some good players must have worn that shirt!

44 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Sorry I cannot get a good quality photo due to the small print, but appearances in the no.3 shirt in the league were

Nish 10, Webster 16, Newton 9, Daniel 5, Thomas R. 2.  - obviously a problem position that year, but some good players must have worn that shirt!

Amazing, thank you. I haven't got the book to hand so couldn't check myself. My old man told me nish. Glad it was worn by mire than 1 great player.

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Where do you lot find these shirts?

A hell of a lot of effort mate. Can't divulge too much because I'd struggle getting shirts shirts in the future if everyone started doing it. But its time, money and effort consuming. I'll tell you in person over a pint but not posting it for all to see. Haha

7 minutes ago, Quangy said:

A hell of a lot of effort mate. Can't divulge too much because I'd struggle getting shirts shirts in the future if everyone started doing it. But its time, money and effort consuming. I'll tell you in person over a pint but not posting it for all to see. Haha

Arh of course, had that shirt changed hands a lot over the years? 
can you divulge that?

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Arh of course, had that shirt changed hands a lot over the years? 
can you divulge that?

In an Italian blokes collection the last 30 years mate. Crazy. He only sold to me to fund an Italian clubs Shirt equally as special.

27 minutes ago, Quangy said:

Steve Hodge is selling the Maradona hand of god shirt, last valued in early 2000s at 250k.  Worth a bit more know I'd say. 

Saw this one sell at Hansons - went to Munich for a fair bit of money. 

One upcoming item is Franz Beckenbauer's 1966 semi-final shirt which will be offered at Derbyshire saleroom Hansons in their World Cup sale on June 30, estimated at £4000-£6000.

Beckenbauer's shirt has come to auction after being discovered in a house in the local area - the 1966 West Germany squad stayed at The Peveril of the Peak hotel in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. While most teams preferred to stay in cities, the German team arrived in the small market town on July 14.

He handed his match shirt to policeman Sergeant Walter Turner on July 28, 1966. As Ashbourne became a hunting ground for football fans seeking autographs, Sgt Turner was instructed to stand guard to stop them entering the hotel.

He said at the time: "It was an honour mixing with such great sportsmen and the German players would call me Mr Bobby. The German team simply wanted some peace and quiet in the quaint Derbyshire town of Ashbourne."

He was rewarded when the team left for London before the final. A squad member had tried to press some money into his hand, said Sgt Turner, "but I refused and asked instead for his shirt. The team had just returned from a victorious meeting with the Russians, and I was handed a white shirt still warm and damp with sweat - it was Number 4, Beckenbauer's".

Beckenbauer had actually scored in the game against the Soviet Union (Russia), on July 25 at Everton's ground, Goodison Park, in a 2-1 win.

• 2 weeks later...

- Over 300 Genuine Matchworn/Player shirts from 1950s to present day

- Every home away 3rd original replica shirt from 1976 to present day

- Over 70 original replica goalkeeper shirts

- Over 200 sportswear items from 1970s to present day

- Over 40 scarves from 1950s to present day

- Over 75 player worn sportswear items (jackets tops etc)

- Several hundred programmes from 1920 onwards

- One off items

- Mugs, plates, signed pics, tickets, pin badges, flags

- Pennets, shorts, socks, boots, gloves, prints, books, balls

- Ties, posters, corner flags, signs. All sorts of memorobelia really

This is the collection with my old man @keith_boden 

Everything we own is genuine and original and everything is Derby County.

We are always looking to add to our collection, there's many gaps in our matchworn shirt collection that need filling up if anyone has anything, shirt swaps and cash prices available.

DM always open for advice, prices on items and or if your looking to sell.

#dcfc #DerbyCounty #dcfcfans