Harry on Mel and Frank appointment

Curtains

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Remember the good bits...forget the fact that he was to blame for Wembley.....and then messed us around throughout the summer... and ran off at the first sign of someone offering him more money...

It wasn't "someone offering more money" it was "The one club he loves, where he broke records and was deemed a legend by their fans, offering more money". 
Quite possibly the only club that he couldn't resist moving to, at that early stage of his managerial career... Although I'm guessing, of course.  I seriously doubt he would have gone (at that time) to Everton/Newcastle/Leicester etc.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Remember the good bits...forget the fact that he was to blame for Wembley.....and then messed us around throughout the summer... and ran off at the first sign of someone offering him more money...

Ah yes, when I’m telling my grandkids about my time supporting the club as a youth, the first thing I’ll remember is the fact his departure dragged on a bit over the summer.

Good old Harry, he managed to put one over us at Wembley with Q.P.R, he managed to put another one over us at Wembley with Frank, I hope he's nowhere near us or Wembley if we ever get to Wembley again, but then again. 

His dog probably cleaned up at the bookies for both of our day outs as well. But then again maybe there will be a 3rd time lucky with a good old Harry connection for us all.

I had 3 attempts at Wembley, after defeats to Leicester and Cremonese, before I saw D.C.F.C win at Wembley.

I know @Ramadonna9 has just witnessed 2 failed attempts with many of us in Q.P.R and Aston Villa. Maybe 3rd time lucky.

Harry is Mel's mate, so hey ho. That's football, love and life for us all. Sometimes it takes Unity to get anywhere.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

It wasn't "someone offering more money" it was "The one club he loves, where he broke records and was deemed a legend by their fans, offering more money". 
Quite possibly the only club that he couldn't resist moving to, at that early stage of his managerial career... Although I'm guessing, of course.  I seriously doubt he would have gone (at that time) to Everton/Newcastle/Leicester etc.

I disagree, he would have gone to Everton/Newcastle or Leicester for more money...why wouldn't he, he has no loyalty to us... a top flight club or stay in the championship..? he would have been off in a heart beat.....although that's not actually true, he would have taken ages over it and dragged it on all through the summer....but  he would have gone,

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ah yes, when I’m telling my grandkids about my time supporting the club as a youth, the first thing I’ll remember is the fact his departure dragged on a bit over the summer.

no, remind them of the laddish drinking culture he let fester at the club that caused three of our players including the club captain to have a pile up while drunk.... and then leave the club captain with a career ending injury that saw him fired.... tell them about that...

or tell them that he played a striker who has scored 4 goals in 9 seasons ahead of someone how just got the winner in the semi final in the Wembley final.....

19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe, but I’d rather shag Susan Boyle than watch his style of play

The teams he put together at wolves and sunderland were very entertaining. He had no money at Ipswich had to flog everybody and did a great job with the tools he had. When he left those same players didn't win for about 5 months. Think he would have done very well here.  I would be happy to take on a manager with his credentials . He also has a good track record of finding players cheap, promoting young players and more importantly galvanising squads who have lost in the playoffs to get auto promotion the following season. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

no, remind them of the laddish drinking culture he let fester at the club that caused three of our players including the club captain to have a pile up while drunk.... and then leave the club captain with a career ending injury that saw him fired.... tell them about that...

or tell them that he played a striker who has scored 4 goals in 9 seasons ahead of someone how just got the winner in the semi final in the Wembley final.....

a) You have absolutely no idea what the culture was like within the club before Lampard arrived. 

b) 6C4727EC-13D7-4F20-B9EE-88663D9139E3.thumb.jpeg.923d014d2d2f1b6b5159c3d2a7dbb0c4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The teams he put together at wolves and sunderland were very entertaining. He had no money at Ipswich had to flog everybody and did a great job with the tools he had. When he left those same players didn't win for about 5 months. Think he would have done very well here.  I would be happy to take on a manager with his credentials . He also has a good track record of finding players cheap, promoting young players and more importantly galvanising squads who have lost in the playoffs to get auto promotion the following season. 

Again... they were ages ago. There’s a reason no one has given him a job with any cash to spend recently. If we resorted to McCarthy I’d be very concerned about the state the club was in - he’s a last ditch option these days when you need someone to stabilise a club. Like a Nigel Clough, in effect.

33 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Again... they were ages ago. There’s a reason no one has given him a job with any cash to spend recently. If we resorted to McCarthy I’d be very concerned about the state the club was in - he’s a last ditch option these days when you need someone to stabilise a club. Like a Nigel Clough, in effect.

It was 10 years ago and he kept Wolves up and had them 2nd in the premier league 8 yrs ago. He had Ipswich in the playoffs with less money than we have now 5 yrs ago. He took Sunderland from the relegation zone to a promotion with a record points total in 12 months . Lampard as a manager hasn't yet earned the right to wipe the sweat of McCarthys  beanbag.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It was 10 years ago and he kept Wolves up and had them 2nd in the premier league 8 yrs ago. He had Ipswich in the playoffs with less money than we have now 5 yrs ago. He took Sunderland from the relegation zone to a promotion with a record points total in 12 months . Lampard as a manager hasn't yet earned the right to wipe the sweat of McCarthys sweaty beanbag.

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It was 10 years ago and he kept Wolves up and had them 2nd in the premier league 8 yrs ago. He had Ipswich in the playoffs with less money than we have now 5 yrs ago. He took Sunderland from the relegation zone to a promotion with a record points total in 12 months . Lampard as a manager hasn't yet earned the right to wipe the sweat of McCarthys  beanbag.

Exactly, I was still running around the primary school playground when McCarthy was at his peak. His time has been and gone. Lampard has already reached a top four club, a level McCarthy never reached as a manager. 

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly, I was still running around the primary school playground when McCarthy was at his peak. His time has been and gone. Lampard has already reached a top four club, a level McCarthy never reached as a manager. 

Top 4 club...? What does that mean? a team that has been in the top 4....? In that case....

Mick took Wolves to top of the premier league after 3 games in the 2011 season so I guess you could say he has managed a top 1 club....

Also...how many international teams has fat Frank managed..? roughly? you can round it up if you like...

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

a) You have absolutely no idea what the culture was like within the club before Lampard arrived. 

b) 6C4727EC-13D7-4F20-B9EE-88663D9139E3.thumb.jpeg.923d014d2d2f1b6b5159c3d2a7dbb0c4.jpeg

Thanks for emphasizing my point perfectly.... I DO have no idea what the culture was like BEFORE fat Frank was there......BUT I DO know what it was like during his time and after his time here.....almost like he let the culture fester.... hmm, which wise man said that earlier..?

and no response to picking a drunken idiot who couldn't hit a barn door over Marriott at Wembley...? GREAT management that was....inspired...…….

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That's a picture of a team celebrating winning the league, not a semi final of the league below.

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Apart from the one he managed in the top four having got them promoted.  I appreciate you won't have seen much in the way of success at Derby, but in terms of quality managers I've seen here, just losing to Chelsea in a league cup game and the worst possible team selection at Wembley doesn't rock my boat. Lest we forget Marriott would have been on the bench at Leeds barring Holmes injury then all off to the pub to get trollied before the job was done.

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Top 4 club...? What does that mean? a team that has been in the top 4....? In that case....

Mick took Wolves to top of the premier league after 3 games in the 2011 season so I guess you could say he has managed a top 1 club....

Also...how many international teams has fat Frank managed..? roughly? you can round it up if you like...

A team in the champions league, I wouldn’t have thought it’s that difficult to understand... you can even extend to the so called “big six” and the point will still hold. International teams don’t mean poo when you’re Lampard’s age. Once he’s the same age as McCarthy, if he hasn’t managed England then you might have a point, but I’m pretty sure if the job became available now he’d be No.1 on the list.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Apart from the one he managed in the top four having got them promoted.  I appreciate you won't have seen much in the way of success at Derby, but in terms of quality managers I've seen here, just losing to Chelsea in a league cup game and the worst possible team selection at Wembley doesn't rock my boat. Lest we forget Marriott would have been on the bench at Leeds barring Holmes injury then all off to the pub to get trollied before the job was done.

Don’t think I’ve ever said I thought Lampard was incredibly successful at Derby? I thought he did a pretty decent job, but nothing more. There was certainly a lot of inexperience on show, but it was a damn sight more entertaining than it would’ve been under certain more “experienced” managers - who wouldn’t have guaranteed any greater success. That’s my point really. At the time I didn’t think Lampard was the right man for Chelsea, but he’s obviously got something special about him or they wouldn’t have offered him the job - as much as his history there no doubt helps, it alone wouldn’t be enough to get a job of that magnitude.

Archived