Harry on Mel and Frank appointment

Curtains

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think Lampard is a bit too ambitious for his own good... Yeah, it was an entertaining season with him in charge but, on reflection, I'm glad we lost at Wembley (even if it did hurt at the time). I remember watching the team last season with no Wilson and no Mount and we were bang average. Even if we had have got promoted I think he'd have still taken the Chelsea job; which means we'd have been starting a Premier League season with no manager and no guarantee that any of our 3 best players from the previous season would be with us because they were all on loan. It'd have been a car crash!

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Mel should have stuck to his guns and got an experienced manager.....and I winder how much 'arry got for his "finders fee" . ?

The last-gasp winner at Reading; beating United at Old Trafford; coming within inches of taking Chelsea to penalties at Stamford Bridge; the comeback at Norwich; a trip to Accrington Stanley; knocking Premier League Southampton out of the FA Cup; the huge wins against QPR, Bristol and West Brom at the end of the season; the greatest night in my Derby-supporting life at Elland Road and a day out at Wembley.

I don't regret MM's decision one bit.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The last-gasp winner at Reading; beating United at Old Trafford; coming within inches of taking Chelsea to penalties at Stamford Bridge; the comeback at Norwich; a trip to Accrington Stanley; knocking Premier League Southampton out of the FA Cup; the huge wins against QPR, Bristol and West Brom at the end of the season; the greatest night in my Derby-supporting life at Elland Road and a day out at Wembley.

Forgot the absolute hammering we gave West Brom at the Hawthorns as well.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I get the feeling it was going to be Mick McCarthy before Redknapp intervened.

Think we must be the first club to be thankful for Harry’s interference!

Mick would have got us promoted.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe, but I’d rather shag Susan Boyle than watch his style of play

Tell that to the Wolves fans after he took them up scoring 100+ goals in a season with a record for them points tally.

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Tell that to the Wolves fans after he took them up scoring 100+ goals in a season with a record for them points tally.

Different era, different styles of play were successful back then. McCarthy is outdated, and doesn’t appear willing to adapt.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Different era, different styles of play were successful back then. McCarthy is outdated, and doesn’t appear willing to adapt.

Typical hipster response!?

Mucky Mick takes the players before him, and fashions a side best suited. 

Marriott would've scored 30 goals under him, with double digit assists for Martin and Waghorn.

Bennett would've been in Lg1 on loan, not leading the line at Wembley.

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

Typical hipster response!?

Mucky Mick takes the players before him, and fashions a side best suited. 

Marriott would've scored 30 goals under him, with double digit assists for Martin and Waghorn.

Bennett would've been in Lg1 on loan, not leading the line at Wembley.

Just cause I like Dortmund?

Think you might be a bit wide of the mark on Marriott though, it was McCarthy who originally bombed him out of championship football for alleged attitude problems! He’d have been nowhere near Derby with him in charge?

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just cause I like Dortmund?

Think you might be a bit wide of the mark on Marriott though, it was McCarthy who originally bombed him out of championship football for alleged attitude problems! He’d have been nowhere near Derby with him in charge?

Aw bawlocks, I'd forgot that! 

More research needed to get @Millenniumram wriggling!

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sounds an awful lot like Nigel Pearson. That went really well!

No, not having it.

Pearson came in with a pre designed idea of how his team would play, and tried to mould the existing squad to it. When he realised it wouldn't work, he panicked and shifted out some on loan, before spunking money up the wall on runners. 

One eventually paid off under Rowett, although I'd assume we only washed our face once wages are taken in consideration, the other has been a financial disaster ever since.

Chris Weale was the ultimate signing that suggested he hadn't a clue.

Pearson has managed the same everywhere he's been, I think Mick Mac has shown a decent level of flexibility in terms of playing style, to suit the players he's coaching.

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Remember the good bits...forget the fact that he was to blame for Wembley.....and then messed us around throughout the summer... and ran off at the first sign of someone offering him more money...

Archived