Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Black Mirror - Bandersnatch

An "interactive" film on Netflix where you get to choose how the story unfolds.....

Enjoyed this up to the point I realised that you don't really get that much choice if you want it to actually reach a proper conclusion - there's only really one "correct" path to go down and so it just gets repetitive.

7/10 for an hour or so. Ended up a 5/10. Can't see any reason why I'd want to "watch" it again.

It did make me want to dig out my old Fighting Fantasy books from my school days, though.

2 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

It's not a good film anyway, and if you care about history like I do, it's a painful watch.

I was kind of joking really. Ridley Scott is a brilliant director; Bladerunner, Alien, Robin Hood, American Gangster, Galdiator et al, he has a wonderful back catalogue. He does however churn out the odd turkey, Exodus, Gods and Kings springs to mind and this and by all accounts is just as awful. Shame really.

12 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I was kind of joking really. Ridley Scott is a brilliant director; Bladerunner, Alien, Robin Hood, American Gangster, Galdiator et al, he has a wonderful back catalogue. He does however churn out the odd turkey, Exodus, Gods and Kings springs to mind and this and by all accounts is just as awful. Shame really.

Its an ambitious film, I will grant him that, but it is definitely a "Miss".

Its a shame, we get so few good historical films. 

On 28/11/2023 at 12:21, Mostyn6 said:

if you're being forced to watch any Christmas films, make sure you watch Violent Night on Sky.

Loved this. Thanks. 
The most fun I’ve had watching a comedy/horror since “Ready or not”

The fact that it’s got Mrs Griswold from my favourite Christmas film in it, is purely coincidental of course.

Something not quite perfect about the ending for me but a cracking watch for a Christmas film - for adults.

8/10

the missus loves a Christmas film. I can take it or leave it, but do appreciate a good Christmas film. So with that mindset, we have been looking for Christmas movies that we haven't seen. The one mentioned above (Violent Night) was enjoyable, however, I should have quit whilst I was ahead:-

GENIE (SkyTV) : RIchard Curtis dross-fest where Melissa McCarthy is even less funny than her other unfunny roles and the undercover copper from Gangs of London. He is overworked and neglecting his family. The wife takes the daughter away from him just before Christmas, he then rubs a box and she pops out and gives him unlimited wishes. Nothing funny happens. Sickly boring ending where everything is happy ever after. Follows a formula that makes you sick that they produce this dross knowing idiots love Christmas and WILL watch it.

Conor Doyle/10

CANDY CANE LANE (Amazon Prime): Eddie Murphy plays a doting dad who loves Christmas, and is in competition with his neighbours to have the best Christmas decorations on his house. Signs a deal with a naughty Elf which will backfire if he doesnt complete a mission he doesn't know about. Intertwined with token nods to BLM/MOBO/Culture (for no real reason) and several attempts to give parenting messages and other things that don't really hit hard enough due to too many little nods. Absolute dross again, instantly forgettable and will probably not even remember watching it by Christmas!

Seb HInes/10