Matches suspended

atherstoneram

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

In all probability it will be later than the 30th April and i would imagine it will be games played behind locked gates purely to bring the season to a conclusion if that's what they are endeavouring to do. 

Not just about the fans though, players, support staff, officials, club reps.  

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is talk over here of playing all NRL games in a disused mining complex (Calliope) in Central Queensland. They have accommodation for 1500 people ready to go and have played a NRL game there last year so the field is up to spec. Could be a interesting option. We have started playing games to a empty stadium which is a bit weird but so be it.

37 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I cannot imagine Liverpool supporters staying at home individually and watch their team conclude their league campaign (and presumably win the title) on tv.

Seems fraught with trouble. They're going to have to wait until it's safe enough for crowds to gather together before they resume imo.

... Or bring in the water cannons

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I cannot imagine Liverpool supporters staying at home individually and watch their team conclude their league campaign (and presumably win the title) on tv.

Seems fraught with trouble. They're going to have to wait until it's safe enough for crowds to gather together before they resume imo.

Play the matches in secret and then upload all of them to netflix all at once... Flawless plan.

13 hours ago, Spanish said:

Not just about the fans though, players, support staff, officials, club reps.  

But i would imagine the EFL  will want the season concluded to avoid any possible legal repercussions from teams or TV contract issues rather than whether fans can attend or not. The possibility of fans being able to attend will come way down the pecking order in the complexities of getting the season restarted asap especially if there is a possible government order banning mass gatherings still in place when the EFL/teams agree it is safe for the season to restart with certain restrictions in place

On 19/03/2020 at 19:08, Van der MoodHoover said:

Boris saying today that if we all take the measures seriously, would be over the worst in 12 weeks.

That's mid June.

Over the worst doesn't necessarily mean "back to normal ".

I think at best it might mean the beginning of the end of strict measures, rather than the end of the outbreak itself. Bojo the clown trying his best to be optimistic with his 12 weeks comment.  

They're saying today that social distancing will last for another 6 months. 

That will mean no crowds at football matches in that period. 

I see the season finishing behind closed doors, in 3 or 4 months time, at best. 

Rooney in his weekly column in Sunday Times talks about his routine at home and players due in on April 6 for mini pre-season. He seems to think keeping players away from training ground is the right thing to do as opposed to training together which seems to be the approach taken by some clubs. Date set for leagues restarting apparently is April 30th so they have to prepare for that.

Me thinks this is going it might be a bit of a challenge especially with the new lockdown rules Bojo announced on Monday.

32 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Rooney in his weekly column in Sunday Times talks about his routine at home and players due in on April 6 for mini pre-season. He seems to think keeping players away from training ground is the right thing to do as opposed to training together which seems to be the approach taken by some clubs. Date set for leagues restarting apparently is April 30th so they have to prepare for that.

Me thinks this is going it might be a bit of a challenge especially with the new lockdown rules Bojo announced on Monday.

Think this is what’s going on in the Rooney household 

C4949006-EA8D-49F8-8573-DD58D7A34070.jpeg

Stopping team training and having players keep fit individually is definitely the right thing to do under current circumstances - in fact, with the rules about staying at home, you’d think it’s the only option. I still very much doubt that the league is going to resume any time soon though - and certainly not at the start of May. Personally I think we’ll end up having a pre season in September, ready for the league to resume in October.

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned anyway else on here, but all non-league teams have allegedly had their seasons stopped, no promotion, no relegation.

Surely if that happens in non-league, the whole of football should follow suit?

I'll be gutted for Leeds. Gutted. 

Archived