Coronavirus

1of4

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Just as right for me to post regularly like the likes of Albert and others ??‍♂️

o.oo1% ? Is that figure in your household , circle , this forum , country as a whole ,, interested in your figures?

Not really sure what that response means. You are replying as if I said that you shouldn't post on here. 

I was just highlighting the paranoia that is driving your posts, which is outside what nearly all posters on here have been debating.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Would it ? How do you know? it hasn’t in Florida or Sweden..........

But it has, we have already established Sweden has 5 times the deaths of its neighbours that have implemented lockdowns, why are you choosing to ignore that ?

Just now, BIllyD said:

But it has, we have already established Sweden has 5 times the deaths of its neighbours that have implemented lockdowns, why are you choosing to ignore that ?

I’m not ignoring it, but compared to us it’s faired so much better. So again how do you know if we hadn’t t locked it would of been much worse? 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Tomorrow's announcement on schools is going to be the key to really getting numbers down.

If every child goes back March 8th, the scientists seem to think the R rate will go over 1 again. Can't see the mileage in sending all kids back for 2 weeks then going off again for 2 weeks.

Come back after Easter with all school staff vaccinated, all kids tested that first day, even if it means staggered start times.    

Why not wait till summer??‍♂️,

why not say ,right numbers are falling , vaccinated are rising as must be the numbers who have already had it , we are going to have a two week PROPER lock down and I mean proper lockdown and then we are comming out PROPERLY and not going back in ??‍♂️

34 minutes ago, rynny said:

My wife received a letter yesterday to say that she still needs to shield until 31st March despite receiving the vaccination (she is a care worker). It's the first letter she has had about shielding ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Is it possible that she is one of the 'extra' vulnerable people who have recently been added to the list? I'm one of the 'originals', and as we approach a year, I can still count on the digits of both hands the number of times I have left my property since I started shielding.

10 times. (12 if you are from Nottingham).

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not really sure what that response means. You are replying as if I said that you shouldn't post on here. 

I was just highlighting the paranoia that is driving your posts, which is outside what nearly all posters on here have been debating.

Paranoia???, it’s not me that’s scared poo less to step outside my door , to have someone work in my home or around me that’s not been vaccinated, to wear a mask alone in my car , to wear a mask miles away from anybody outside ,,,,, shall I go on with the real induced  paranoia   ?????

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is it possible that she is one of the 'extra' vulnerable people who have recently been added to the list? I'm one of the 'originals', and as we approach a year, I can still count on the digits of both hands the number of times I have left my property since I started shielding.

10 times. (12 if you are from Nottingham).

Nope, she should have been on the original list. It appears that when she had the vaccination it triggered this letter, my mum has had the same letter after she had her vaccination, and she has been shielding throughout the vast majority of this, whilst my mother-in-law hasn't received the letter after her vaccination (district nurse not had to shield). 

Apparently German officials are concerned that people are refusing to have the AZ vaccine and hundreds of thousands of doses remain unused.

Amazing what happens when you publically try and discredit a vaccine isnt it.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

But you engage further than that ?

Really ? Like everyone there’s different levels you engage at with different people , you speak like there’s nobody on this topic I find ,interesting, informative, well mannered and open minded ??‍♂️

38 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Would it ? How do you know? it hasn’t in Florida or Sweden..........

Are you going to make me reiterate my point again?

Places that have done strict lockdowns badly (ie UK) and places that have had less severe lockdowns managed properly and adhered to sensibly by the public seem to have broadly similar outcomes. And by that I mean high infection rates and high death rates. OK I can accept that.

But if the outcomes are the same - and they are both bad - it's not really an argument.

Unless your argument is - I wanted all those same number of people dead BUT with me being able to go to the pub/football/mates house whenever I please. 

But it's also a question of causation -  it's not looser restrictions  that bring infection rates down, it's low infection rates that allow for looser restrictions.

So the only argument is that both countries should have done more to keep infections down by utilising the appropriate measures at the appropriate times. Then the general public would have had an easier ride

42 minutes ago, Archied said:

Paranoia???, it’s not me that’s scared poo less to step outside my door , to have someone work in my home or around me that’s not been vaccinated, to wear a mask alone in my car , to wear a mask miles away from anybody outside ,,,,, shall I go on with the real induced  paranoia   ?????

But you are the one that continually talks as if you're being forcefully restrained in a basement. 

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Places that have done strict lockdowns badly (ie UK) and places that have had less severe lockdowns managed properly and adhered to sensibly by the public seem to have broadly similar outcomes. And by that I mean high infection rates and high death rates. OK I can accept that.

But if the outcomes are the same - and they are both bad - it's not really an argument.

Unless your argument is - I wanted all those same number of people dead BUT with me being able to go to the pub/football/mates house whenever I please. 

But it's also a question of causation -  it's not looser restrictions  that bring infection rates down, it's low infection rates that allow for looser restrictions.

So the only argument is that both countries should have done more to keep infections down by utilising the appropriate measures at the appropriate times. Then the general public would have had an easier ride

So you openly agreeing with me our lockdowns haven’t worked?

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

In your opinion??‍♂️

Just now, TexasRam said:

So you openly agreeing with me our lockdowns haven’t worked?

Sort of - I'm agreeing that OUR lockdown in England has been badly implemented and poorly observed, and therefore has had much worse outcomes than other countries who have implemented more restrictions at the appropriate times, and in some cases that outcome has been as bad as countries who have implemented much softer restrictions

Again it's causation argument - badly implemented, badly timed lockdowns drive less social adherence - and therefore have to last longer as they are far less effective. If we'd done the lockdowns better they would have worked better and been shorter and we wouldn't be having this conversation

14 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

But you are the one that continually talks as if you're being forcefully restrained in a basement. 

Don’t be silly I’ve made it very clear as you well know that myself and my family have been out to work every day since day one ,perhaps why I don’t have and can’t afford the level of paranoia that the lock us up please brigade have acquired through this , also worth noting the  whole paranoia issue was raised by another poster accusing me of being driven by paranoia ??‍♂️?

Archived