Coronavirus

1of4

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Am I wrong to be worried about being told not to worry just go out to work but hang on worry like hell every other minute of the day ?,

perhaps if I could stay at home , keep my family home on full pay for as long as ,,,, I may buy into the  utopia your selling 

Yes, just go to work where you could potentially get the virus but don't see anyone that you risk spreading it to!

Its quite simple and logical advice, think its just your paranoia kicking in!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So if we didn’t have vaccines we should lockdown forever and ever regardless ?

We have so not sure the relevance of the question, but id point you in the direction of Australia for the answer. Control the virus.

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Am I wrong to be worried about being told not to worry you and your family just go out to work every day but hang on worry like hell every other minute of the day ?,

perhaps if I could stay at home , keep my family home on full pay for as long as ,,,, I may buy into the  utopia your selling 

So your issue / worry is more around the government not giving you the same options afforded to others, not the lockdowns themselves ? Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Am I wrong to be worried about being told not to worry you and your family just go out to work every day but hang on worry like hell every other minute of the day ?,

And just to make things clear before the old tactic kicks again , I have no problem with people being lucky enough to work from home ( I’m lucky my finances business hasn’t been destroyed ) 

where I have a problem is those that are in lucky / privileged positions through this throwing out garbage and insults without the ounce of self awareness needed to understand how self centred that is

4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

We have so not sure the relevance of the question, but id point you in the direction of Australia for the answer. Control the virus.

And how’s that worked for us so far? 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, just go to work where you could potentially get the virus but don't see anyone that you risk spreading it to!

Its quite simple and logical advice, think its just your paranoia kicking in!

Sorry , billy pointed out the error of my ways , it’s just me moaning the government are not paying me to stay at home?, silly me

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

I'm really lost now pal on where your going with this ? We covered that about three pages ago ?

I’m debating lockdowns don’t work, you’re saying they do. I’m saying look at our data vs places that haven’t locked down and there is little difference, which in essence says they don’t work. You then comeback with “well they did work in OZ” the I say “we’ll they haven’t here” Then we repeat again, I think that’s where we are ?

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I’m debating lockdowns don’t work, you’re saying they do. I’m saying look at our data vs places that haven’t locked down and there is little difference, which in essence says they don’t work. You then comeback with “well they did work in OZ” the I say “we’ll they haven’t here” Then we repeat again, I think that’s where we are ?

You miss the bits about where I said why they haven't worked here. You then ask numerous other questions that end up in the same one each time ?‍♂️

I didn't say they worked in Oz, other tha. to answer when you asked me about what we would have done without a vaccine, another bit of information you have omitted ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

That's what you said, youd be likely to buy into the utopia if that was the case, don't know what else I was supposed to think ?‍♂️

Just think would be a start??‍♂️,    Erm as I have stated my business has not been destroyed but I would stop lock down tomorrow to help those who have ,,, at the risk of catching covid myself , selfish sod that I am ?

Just think would be a start??‍♂️,    Erm as I have stated my business has not been destroyed but I would stop lock down tomorrow to help those who have ,,, at the risk of catching covid myself , selfish sod that I am ?

Yes I get that, but from the other point of view is that I'm in favour of lockdowns to protect people from getting serious illness or death...selfish sod that I am ?

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Yes I get that, but from the other point of view is that I'm in favour of lockdowns to protect people from getting serious illness or death...selfish sod that I am ?

Is that just you or everybody in favour of lockdowns , because everybody not in favour of them are apparently just selfish ?

Is that just you or everybody in favour of lockdowns , because everybody not in favour of them are apparently just selfish ?

I can only answer from a personal perspective and that is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I do believe those that don't stick to them are selfish, caveating that with on some occasions i understand the breaking of the rules.

21 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

You miss the bits about where I said why they haven't worked here. You then ask numerous other questions that end up in the same one each time ?‍♂️

I didn't say they worked in Oz, other tha. to answer when you asked me about what we would have done without a vaccine, another bit of information you have omitted ?‍♂️

So do you think lockdowns work?????

Archived