Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, David said:

So sat with a mask, pulling it down for a sup then pulling it back up? 

Not sure how they will police that with shops mostly reluctant to challenge people on wearing one.

Can’t see Mr Weatherspoon asking staff to go on mask patrol 

You don't have to wear a mask whilst sat at your table, but you do when you enter, when you go to the toilet etc. 

RFU seeks financial help from Govt;

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-rugby-union-englan/rfu-seeks-financial-help-after-govt-postpones-fans-return-to-stadiums-idUKKCN26D2T7

“With no fans this autumn we will see a 122 million pounds reduction in revenue resulting in a loss of 46 million pounds,” Sweeney said in a statement on Tuesday.

“With no fans for the Guinness Six Nations we will see a 138 million pounds reduction in revenue with a loss of 60 million pounds thereby preventing investment in areas such as the women’s elite game and community rugby.

“Premiership and Championship clubs will face significant financial hardship... Without crowds and league games, community rugby will lose an estimated 86 million pounds in revenue this season.”

Posting to back up my point about EFL clubs I made earlier - I'm sure the EFL has similar financial concerns and unless the Government can keep finding money down the back of the sofa we'll be saying goodbye to a lot of clubs in the near future.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

What would you like me to comment about? 

Do I agree with it? Not particularly, didn't really think about it before, so wasn't a view I can say I subscribe to. 

Well I wouldn't mind you removing the post. 

And you don't agree 'particularly' ?

Jesus Christ. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And you are very anti personal comments about posters, apart from the ones that dont agree with you...

I'm anti personal comments. Many people you perceive to agree with me have told you in numbers how I've given them warnings and bans. Nobody gets to be personal without repercussions. 

I grow weary of all of the politicised points scoring on this thread, for a long time it hasn't been a debate about Coronavirus but one to further posters personal agendas. As soon as you open the thread you are welcomed with the noise of a hundred personal axes being ground rather than a discussion about the virus itself. 

Just now, Norman said:

Well I wouldn't mind you removing the post. 

And you don't agree 'particularly' ?

Jesus Christ. 

Have you thought about reporting the post? I personally don't see it as abusive, but if you do, why not use the features of the forum like we ask? 

1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

I'd just like to point out that many people who have covid19 are now suffering a syndrome called long covid which can have long term effects on the lungs and heart and young people are not exempt from these effects. If the cases of covid19 continue to increase at the current rate we could well have a substantial percentage of people with long lasting health problems as a result. People who have had Covid19 are also experiencing a number of other long term effects and we are still learning about the consequences of this virus.  Two members of my extended family are GPs and they are very concerned.

Back in the early 20's a disease linked to the Spanish flu began incapacitating people by putting them into a catatonic stare .  believe it was a form of brain fluid issue that started in France- highlighted in the film Awakenings.  It happens with most pandemics

Just to clarify @Paul71, this is what I have read on Sky News, I won’t apologise for questioning if this means we have to wear masks in pubs now which my post was asking.

I’m fairly sure many people will be asking the same question which is not political point scoring but trying to find out where we actually stand.

B11D09D4-94A9-411B-B6CA-CF796CA3681D.jpeg

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm anti personal comments. Many people you perceive to agree with me have told you in numbers how I've given them warnings and bans. Nobody gets to be personal without repercussions. 

Really, oh 

Is there a possibility a few of us are suffering from Coronavirus fatigue ? I’m not trying to be clever or flippant here, but to me, people’s tolerance levels seem to be dropping and their lack of patience with each other is visibly evident.

I took a sabbatical a little while ago because after shielding (and following the rules) for 17 weeks, I found myself getting a bit short tempered. Short tempered and logging in here is not a good combination. 

I haven’t read too much on here regarding the effect this virus is having on us mentally. Maybe everybody is coping and I’m weak but I’m frustrated as duck I can’t shake hands with somebody I haven’t seen for ages, can’t hug (female) colleagues I once did after not seeing them for a while, negativity on the news 24/7, not even a hint of trying to find out for certain how this all started, and having a drop of accountability, no fans in football grounds, no festivals/concerts to look forward to, I could go on.

I suppose all I’m asking is for people to take on board somebody else could have had a poo day and are a bit down in the dumps and cut them some slack. I certainly feel I’ve lost some of my spark, and I’m not as quick with the wit as I was.

It’s 6 months tomorrow since I began shielding, although I returned to work on the 3rd of August, and I don’t care what anybody thinks about me on here, it’s only the Internet after all, I’m definitely worse off mentally and not afraid to admit it since this virus hit us.

Archived