Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

It's getting worse and worse isn't it? Not so long ago climate change, now coronavirus. Half the nation in a state of absolute terror. It never used to be like this. Once this coronavirus issue dies down what's next because odds on they're be another gigantic scare story to freeze the nation rigid in terror. 

What's driving it all? personally I think it's social media. We've always had echo chambers but social media has amplified the echo chambers several fold. One day there will actually be something that we ought to take seriously and you know the irony? Nobody will believe it!

You do know this is still a thing don't you?

23 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Err yes they do shut things down when it's not serious. Ever considered they might have got it wrong? They got Swine flu wrong. They got bird flu wrong. MERs was supposed to lead to babies with small heads, since been proved nonsense. In fact the only consistency here is that they get every one of these so called killer viruses wrong.

I've never, never seen anything like this. This is unique in my experience. 

I've never seen schools closed for long periods. I've not experienced football volunteering to stop all games.

26 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We nipped out to Bettys farmshop at Willington today and got a tray of eggs like we do every 2 weeks, we then called at the van parked up by the farm between Chellaston and Swarkestone and got a bag of spuds, onions, carrots and mushrooms and then nipped to the butchers in Chellaston and got some chicken, steak and bacon. No queues, no fighting, no shortages.

Did they have any bog  roll?

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Basically its human nature, its the FOMO effect.  

Tell people they can't or might not be able to have something and it makes them want more.

I have been thinking of posting online that due to coronavirus i will be limiting the numbers in my 'hot naked blondes join Paul for a hot tub party' just to see what happens. 

Cisse and Alpha are blondes. Send them a PM. 

1 hour ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Err yes they do shut things down when it's not serious. Ever considered they might have got it wrong? They got Swine flu wrong. They got bird flu wrong. MERs was supposed to lead to babies with small heads, since been proved nonsense. In fact the only consistency here is that they get every one of these so called killer viruses wrong.

If you are right that this is all bs at some stage a true killer will arrive and this type of experience will be invaluable.  It does look like this one primarily reaps earlier than would for those with health issues but it is the risk of mutation that energises the experts.  It’s not a zombie apocalypse yet

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

The media really has to look at itself for the scaremongering they have been complicit in.

But you are right its so sad to see. We haven't done anything any different and have got what we need.

There is only so many times i can wash my hands and wipe my arse.

I heard two people at work talking yesterday about how they are going to stock up on ammunition this weekend....!! “Got to be prepared” at least you don’t have to put up with red neck idiots like that over there....!

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

We nipped out to Bettys farmshop at Willington today and got a tray of eggs like we do every 2 weeks, we then called at the van parked up by the farm between Chellaston and Swarkestone and got a bag of spuds, onions, carrots and mushrooms and then nipped to the butchers in Chellaston and got some chicken, steak and bacon. No queues, no fighting, no shortages.

That's posh shopping. 

I want it in a tin or I'm not interested 

You can't wipe your arse with a carrot. Not comfortably 

1 hour ago, smiths_tavrn said:

To think how easy it would be to prove the 'killer viruses' are nothing to be bothered with why didn't China just do nothing? Why didn't Italy or Iran?

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Basically its human nature, its the FOMO effect.  

Tell people they can't or might not be able to have something and it makes them want more.

I have been thinking of posting online that due to coronavirus i will be limiting the numbers in my 'hot naked blondes join Paul for a hot tub party' just to see what happens. 

All those women that said not even if I was the last man on earth. I bet they've changed their tune 

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Do you seriously think Boris sat everybody down and said "this is my plan" Or do you think the medical experts and scientists gave him a bit of advice?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I don't really think it is Boris's plan as such, to me it appears that Chris Whitty is calling the shots and the government are acting on the advice being given. I'd be disappointed if the government werent following the advice being given, i would suspect no matter who was in power the UK's approach would be a similar one which is probably why there hasn't been a huge outcry from opposition leaders to the actions being taken.

That’s not what I’m suggesting, but it’s still Boris who makes the final decision on whether to implement a plan. I’m my opinion, that makes it ‘his’ plan.

Archived