Coronavirus

1of4

38 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And exercise but I guess that's where the 23 hours comes from.

Fair point but I've no idea how many fall into the category of only living in one room with no kitchen, dining room, lounge etc.

Think we may all be surprised by the number of studio flats , rooms in shared houses or even very overcrowded homes

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I see that due to coronavirus the Dorset Knob-eating contest will now be streamed online. This is something I know little about, but i feel that googling it for more information could be somewhat dangerous.

I braved it and googled Dorset and Knob and this is what appeared.

Rob-Dorsett-Sky-Sports-News-HQ-1.thumb.jpg.ac3a457a524929e6c79aa1767eb6c535.jpg

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Think we may all be surprised by the number of studio flats , rooms in shared houses or even very overcrowded homes

You maybe right but those in shared houses aren’t confined to one room unless they’re self isolating. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You maybe right but those in shared houses aren’t confined to one room unless they’re self isolating. 

How about they work so when home should be sticking to they’re rooms , 

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Surprised nobodies picked this up, on the radio yesterday the reason some care homes have been badly hit is patients have been send there from hospitals with Covid 19.

Now if true and it looks like it might be that is a rooster up of huge proportions.

See below.

On 03/05/2020 at 11:32, RamNut said:

Not At all. I’m pretty sure its already decided.
There is clearly a big push on stories which suggest it’s now time to end lockdown and get back to work.

News is being ‘managed’ and there is political interference in care strategies.

on March 19 the Government told NHS hospitals to transfer out elderly patients who no longer required ­hospital level treatment, regardless of whether they had suspected Covid-19 or had not been tested. We have Conservative County council secrecy over the extent of coronavirus in care homes. They won’t announce which homes have had deaths or confirmed cases.

we are now about to see a wave of similar patients discharged into alternative care accommodation 

Meanwhile there are reports of an easing of restrictions on may 18 and plans for schools to return on June 1 and front page stories about unfair and unnecessary restrictions on liberty.

nobody seems bothered either about the decision or the cover up which is achieved by suppressing the news.

Sith Happens
Just now, Norman said:

Soz, Paul. Didn't realise it wasn't in the Politics Thread. 

I don't think the mods realise either. I just find it tiresome,  and when you question it you just get vitriol from certain posters. I find as the mods allow it to develop that the conversation people want to have about the challenges this virus brings are diluted. 

this forum used to be a great place but it's becoming increasingly hostile and not a pleasant place to discuss matters, for me at least.  @Eddiedescribed me as over sensitive,  maybe i am, its maybe my nature not to have to want to pick through some of the stuff that gets posted, or get drawn into it. 

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

See below.

nobody seems bothered either about the decision or the cover up which is achieved by suppressing the news.

There is real suppression of news and views around this whole pandemic 

56 minutes ago, RamNut said:

See below.

How did you find out the information if the news is being suppressed?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I see that due to coronavirus the Dorset Knob-eating contest will now be streamed online. This is something I know little about, but i feel that googling it for more information could be somewhat dangerous.

It's ok.  I braved it... It's just a biscuit eating competition... as many biscuits as possible in one minute.  Obviously a particular and local biscuit (aka The Dorset Knob).  You can't just turn up with a packet of Jaffa Cakes!  ?

Anyway... Two things... Firstly, the safe and explanatory link...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52571038

And secondly, apparently the world record is "13 or 14".  It seems festival chairman Ian Gregory didn't do his homework, before the interview!  ?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

How about they work so when home should be sticking to they’re rooms , 

Why? I thought you could mix with the people that share the same household (maybe I’ve got that wrong). Are you suggesting that if one member of a family living together goes out to work they have to stick to a single room and avoid the rest of the family?

Besides which, if they’re going out to work they’re not in the group we are discussing that may be stuck in the same room for 23 hours a day.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The media have even convinced themselves that the Government are sending out mixed signals, all in response to their own headlines that they keep on making up, it's hilarious.

That's definitely something that's developed over time, but it is a bit of a catch 22. The more the government avoid answering a question the more often it will be asked. The more it's asked, the more tiresome it becomes. They're both as bad as each other IMO when it comes to this.

The mixed signals aren't entirely an invention of the media though.

The first time I really thought "Hold on, what?" was when everyone was told to avoid pubs, but pubs weren't made to close and as such were left in limbo, it took a few days after that for things to be clarified.  I follow a lot of breweries/pubs on social media and saw quite a lot of responses to the situation, they felt like they were being left to hang out and dry.

There was a lot of concern for their future and the government message only exacerbated their worries. That was very much a mixed message, so the government didn't really help themslves there.

When we announced the furlough scheme it felt like it was simply copying what France had done, but when the news frst broke it mentioned nothing of the self employed who, again, were left in limbo until further announcements.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

How did you find out the information if the news is being suppressed?

Stick in a freedom of interest request and let’s see what you get.

I’m bored of waking up to the same members arguing and taking politics into every topic.

We banned political talk for a while to calm it down, some left, requested their accounts to be closed. Others sulked about not having freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech has never existed on this forum, we have terms of use which the majority are enforced by advertising partners. 

Most members happily post within those guidelines and never cause us any issues. Others, and it’s the same group I’m waking up to each morning are going off at each other in topics outside of football. It’s boring. 

It’s boring having to read comments where members are attacking moderators, which may I remind you do not get paid and if they all contacted me today and resigned from their positions I would close the forum. 

This forum would not be able to exist without them it’s that simple.

They don’t always get it right, I don’t always get it right, we’re not robots and we do what we feel is right at the time for the good of the forum.

The funny thing is, one minute I see comments that we over moderate, can’t say anything without it being removed or warned. The next this forum has become a toxic or hostile place. Both can’t be true can it?

I’m nearing the point of going full on North Korea, removing members without warnings, banning all political talk and anything news related. Then I could enjoy a few drinks on a Saturday night and not having to worry about my phone going off alerting me to a petty squabble because a Labour and Conservative voting members cannot agree on how to run the country and feel the need to drag it around the forum.

In fact, here is where I’m at, for the next 24 hours I am removing the 30 day cooldown policy on closing forum accounts.

If any member would like their account removed, send me a private message and I will close your account instantly without reply.

If you do not like the moderation of this forum, contact me, ask for your account to be removed.

If you feel victimised, targeted by moderators, contact me, ask for your account to be removed. 

If you don’t like me or the message behind this post, contact me, ask for your account to be removed.

If you don’t feel capable of accepting others opinions without arguing, using profanity and insults towards other members, contact me, ask for your account to be removed.

If you ignore this, continue to argue with other members, use profanity, insults towards other members or complain about moderation I will remove your account. 

Try me.

I don’t care if you’ve been on the forum 10 years, have over 10,000 posts and a popular member on the forum, you will be removed.

I’m not doing this anymore, I don’t have to do this anymore. 

We’re in lockdown, a global pandemic has taken hold and whilst people are sat out front of their houses, getting to know their neighbours, going shopping for the vulnerable and generally being nice to each other, some are spending their days arguing, insulting and complaining about this forum and my moderators.

It stops today. Be nice, or go away. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

I’m bored of waking up to the same members arguing and taking politics into every topic.

We banned political talk for a while to calm it down, some left, requested their accounts to be closed. Others sulked about not having freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech has never existed on this forum, we have terms of use which the majority are enforced by advertising partners. 

Most members happily post within those guidelines and never cause us any issues. Others, and it’s the same group I’m waking up to each morning are going off at each other in topics outside of football. It’s boring. 

It’s boring having to read comments where members are attacking moderators, which may I remind you do not get paid and if they all contacted me today and resigned from their positions I would close the forum. 

They don’t always get it right, I don’t always get it right, we’re not robots and we do what we feel is right at the time for the good of the forum.

The funny thing is, one minute I see comments that we over moderate, can’t say anything without it being removed or warned. The next this forum has become a toxic or hostile place. Both can’t be true can it?

I’m nearing the point of going full on North Korea, removing members without warnings, banning all political talk and anything news related. Then I could enjoy a few drinks on a Saturday night and not having to worry about my phone going off alerting me to a petty squabble because a Labour and Conservative voting members cannot agree on how to run the country and feel the need to drag it around the forum.

In fact, here is where I’m at, for the next 24 hours I am removing the 30 day cooldown policy on closing forum accounts.

If any member would like their account removed, send me a private message and I will close your account instantly without reply.

If you do not like the moderation of this forum, contact me, ask for your account to be removed.

If you feel victimised, targeted by moderators, contact me, ask for your account to be removed. 

If you don’t like me or the message behind this post, contact me, ask for your account to be removed.

If you don’t feel capable of accepting others opinions without arguing, using profanity and insults towards other members, contact me, ask for your account to be removed.

If you ignore this, continue to argue with other members, use profanity, insults towards other members or complain about moderation I will remove your account. 

Try me.

I don’t care if you’ve been on the forum 10 years, have over 10,000 posts and a popular member on the forum, you will be removed.

We’re in lockdown, a global pandemic has taken hold and whilst people are sat out front of their houses, getting to know their neighbours, going shopping for the vulnerable and generally being nice to each other, some are spending their days arguing, insulting and complaining about this forum and my moderators.

Fair play yoof!

21 minutes ago, David said:

Try me.

giphy_(8).gif.eea3d4c385571f67024353856b107fe7.gif

Archived