Coronavirus

1of4

56 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well even if you have if people want to go out for the day else were just leave phones at home which makes out staying in.

This just wont work a lot of people really really fed up of this lockdown and being controled.

I imagine there will be privacy laws applying and too be honest they reckon in an city your image may be captured up to thirty times a day . On matchdays it will be a lot more .  Someone always knows where you are .

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I know very well mate . Shame we didn't have this forum then, could have got you any number of tickets.  Back in the mid 90's Derby had the two best house music venues in the UK interspersed with Cream according to regular club goers of the time- Renaissance and Progress.  Glad I enjoyed it then, Derbys nightlife has sucked ass for at least 15 years.

I'm still in contact with Russell from Progress, great guy. I owned Play in Matlock and we sold tickets for there and Hot to Trot. 

Loved Renaissance when it was at Venue 44 in Mansfield. Not quite as good in Derby imho, but they did get the best DJs even there. 

I went to the Birmingham version of Cream at the old church that was incredible And used to frequent Golden in Stoke and Love To Be in Sheffield. Great times!

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I used to get my haircut there.  Stopped going when the new hairdresser developed an obsession with trying to put bronze highlights in my hair. I'm now at the stage where what's remaining gets shaved off and last year they asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimming.  Given the choice I'd prefer to be asked if wanted bronze highlights again.

Churchills was always packed on a Saturday morning.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm still in contact with Russell from Progress, great guy. I owned Play in Matlock and we sold tickets for there and Hot to Trot. 

Loved Renaissance when it was at Venue 44 in Mansfield. Not quite as good in Derby imho, but they did get the best DJs even there. 

I went to the Birmingham version of Cream at the old church that was incredible And used to frequent Golden in Stoke and Love To Be in Sheffield. Great times!

Hot to Trot flyers were in the shape of a pig I loved the flyers. I had some cracking nights at Progress it was known throughout the land.

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

If it helps get you into a pub by proving you’ve not been near an infected person then where do I sign up?

So...potentially you will have to reveal every single person you have come into contact with on your night out.....? 

I think my missus has been involved in the development.... ?

I think we might be better off with the apple google app as it uses less power and is avoids the big brother privacy issues.

other countries are apparently switching.

I’m not sure our man is great at recognising when to ditch a bad idea.
Still at least it’s audacious! 

18 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we might be better off with the apple google app as it uses less power and is avoids the big brother privacy issues.

other countries are apparently switching.

I’m not sure our man is great at recognising when to ditch a bad idea.
Still at least it’s audacious! 

How can any tracing app avoid big brother privacy issues?

Why do you think our app is a bad idea when it hasnt even been trialled yet?

First case in France now confirmed as 27th December, 4 days before China informed the WHO.

Looking likely that Europe were completely ducked by time WHO offered any meaningful guidance.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How can any tracing app avoid big brother privacy issues?

Why do you think our app is a bad idea when it hasnt even been trialled yet?

I'm not overly worried about the "big brother issues", Between CCTV, Credit/Debit card use, existing Google map location tracking "they" already pretty much know where I have been what I bought etc. Many cars also have location tracking built in for emergencies.

What worries me is the dipsticks who will down load the app, wander around close to people, then for a laugh claim falsely to have the virus, thus triggering a host of extra isolations or tests. 

There are several posters on here I could see doing exactly that! 

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I'm not overly worried about the "big brother issues", Between CCTV, Credit/Debit card use, existing Google map location tracking "they" already pretty much know where I have been what I bought etc. Many cars also have location tracking built in for emergencies.

What worries me is the dipsticks who will down load the app, wander around close to people, then for a laugh claim falsely to have the virus, thus triggering a host of extra isolations or tests. 

I can see some people struggling for breath saying 'No seriously darling, there's nothing wrong with me'... 

'Don't be daft, now get on that ventilator and give me the pass code and I will go through it and phone everyone you have been in contact with for the last week..'..?

8 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Really? You would need to be a special kind of Bamford to be doing that sort of thing.

9 hours ago, ramit said:

Am worried that's likely to happen.  i understand the financial pressure to ease up on the restrictions, but it's too early, i fear

Damned right it will happen, because there will be some who are desperate, some who are stupid and some who will assume that that bad cold they had back in February really was the coronavirus and that they are immune. Actually, if they haven't had an antibody test or it wasn't confirmed at the time, file those under 'stupid' as well.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Damned right it will happen, because there will be some who are desperate, some who are stupid and some who will assume that that bad cold they had back in February really was the coronavirus and that they are immune. Actually, if they haven't had an antibody test or it wasn't confirmed at the time, file those under 'stupid' as well.

I think on the whole the British public have behaved very well throughout this.

Yes of course there have been a few isolated incidents of stupidity which the newspapers cant wait to jump on, and cases of flouting of the Government rules (although I'm not sure how sunbathing in a park is more dangerous than going in a supermarket).

Infact the only instances of mass flouting of rules are by the emergency services of a Thursday night.

The Goverment have trusted us with a lot more trust than some countries and I think the shape of the curve shows that this trust has been repaid so far.

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes, that would make a "hilarious" tiktok for some of the youths of today.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

First case in France now confirmed as 27th December, 4 days before China informed the WHO.

Looking likely that Europe were completely ducked by time WHO offered any meaningful guidance.

Perhaps it never started in the Wuhan wet market after all?

33 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

That can't happen. If you are diagnosed with the virus, then you will be allocated a unique number when you are informed of the fact, and you will enter that number into the App.

37 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Really? You would need to be a special kind of Bamford to be doing that sort of thing.

Well I seriously respect your trust of Derby Fans to behave responsibly, BUT , old cynic that I am I think, "teenagers", "smartphones", then I look at some of the frankly ridiculous posts  in some threads and I worry.

Here's a non Rams scenario: Bottom 6 Prem Club fans coordinate, just as they do for punch-ups. All call 111. All 6 cities go into lockdown again, season abandoned, relegation deferred for another year. 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That can't happen. If you are diagnosed with the virus, then you will be allocated a unique number when you are informed of the fact, and you will enter that number into the App.

So I ring 111, Hello ,I've got a temperature, bad cough, etc, yeah OK I'll, isolate.

NHS triggers the alerts 

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Perhaps it never started in the Wuhan wet market after all?

First recorded case was 17th Nov in China;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/first-covid-19-case-happened-in-november-china-government-records-show-report

If it had already spread around the world the better part of a month before the WHO tweeted there was no human to human transmission you have to really wonder how many people have had it an not known about it.  I recall reading about a spike in flu cases earlier this year, before the coronavirus panic;

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/health/2020/01/08/sharp-rise-in-flu-cases-amid-vaccine-concerns/

Well I can’t wait for the antibody test, I’m convinced I’ve had it. Never had owt like it before, plus I get the flu jab.

I’ll not assume 100% until I’ve been tested though. No taking it easy on the precautions.

Archived