Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Ideas on the Tracking App? Being trialled in the Isle of Wight.

Sounds good in theory but you've only got to have some total dipstick, decide for a joke to post he's got symptoms and half the population goes into lockdown.

other countries are already using it not sure why we have to reinvent the wheel, can we not use what they got but in English preferably... As for civil liberties as soon as we get out the house all those CCTV's will keep a very close eye on our movements so not much change there anyway.

20 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Sounds good in theory but you've only got to have some total dipstick, decide for a joke to post he's got symptoms and half the population goes into lockdown.

We had one start last week, so far over 4 million have signed up. It looks like when they open up pubs and clubs if you haven’t got the tracking app, you’ll have to leave personal details. They believe that a 50% sign up is needed for it to be effective.

15 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

We had one start last week, so far over 4 million have signed up. It looks like when they open up pubs and clubs if you haven’t got the tracking app, you’ll have to leave personal details. They believe that a 50% sign up is needed for it to be effective.

Any idea why they say 50%? I would have less trust in those people who didn’t sign up to it than those who do.

In France earliest CV19 cases were detected around late Jan. There is now a confirmed case (since recovered) from 27th Dec in Paris, his wife worked in a shop with Chinese store assistants. Heard of various people feeling rough in Jan here and wondering if they had it so I would not be surprised if same happened here

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Any idea why they say 50%? I would have less trust in those people who didn’t sign up to it than those who do.

I’m not sure about that. The chief Medical Officer has quoted that figure. Might go hand in hand with our extensive Contact tracing scheme that has been going since the. virus started.

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Or people can turn interner off there phone or switch off blue thooth so if dont want people to know were been that day I cant see this working 

10 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Read somewhere that the lab was built under a french chinese  project because at the time the chinese did not have the expertise to build the most secure labs (SL4). Under the agreement 150 french scientist were supposed to go and work there but the chinese reneged on that part of the agreement. Since then no access has ever been given to what is happening there.

Well, if you read somewhere, who could possibly doubt that as being true?

Good grief.

16 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Chuff chuff chuff they didn’t do 100000 test yesterday. 

I remember Chuff Chuff with Sasha and the Ryan brothers that ran Miss Moneypennys in Birmingam.

Mind you, I only remember because I could never get a ducking ticket because I wasn't gorgeous or trendy

Has anybody goy any clue wtf I'm talking about?

I did go to Moneypennys though and has to climb over the mounds of Coca-Cola to get in.

Very moody.

Ho-hum.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Email received today grand kids go back to school June 1st all being well.

E-mail from?

I get a regular message from my ex wife saying she hopes the kids are going back to school next week.

57 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Chuff chuff chuff they didn’t do 100000 test yesterday. 

I was told today that it’s the labs causing the lack of testing. They are full to the rafters and the tests show degradation after 5 days so they are restricting the number of new tests until this is cleared. The test centre I work at only did 200 tests yesterday and when I left at 2 pm today we had done around 100. That’s against a capacity of over 1000 per day. I can’t believe the demand has dropped that quickly since Friday. So assume there is merit to this theory. A new super lab comes on stream later this week, so expect the numbers to rise again later this week as backlog clears and capacity rises

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I remember Chuff Chuff with Sasha and the Ryan brothers that ran Miss Moneypennys in Birmingam.

Mind you, I only remember because I could never get a ducking ticket because I wasn't gorgeous or trendy

Has anybody goy any clue wtf I'm talking about?

I did go to Moneypennys though and has to climb over the mounds of Coca-Cola to get in.

Very moody.

Ho-hum.

No 

Archived