Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Wheres Boris anyway?

I don't think Prime Ministering is his main job. I know he missed the first 5 Cobra meetings in February because he was at his Chequers retreat so might be worth looking there. And when they tried to get him into an Andrew Neil interview he was in a fridge, have they checked the fridges?

He's doing a great job though. Good job Boris. ???

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

They way he avoided answering why we have not one bit of information of an exit strategy was embarrassing, he was asked twice why Scotland had a 20 odd page document and we had nothing.

He was rambling the second time about flattening the curve again.

Wheres Boris anyway?

Maybe that’s the important bit for the time being. From my point of view we certainly don’t want a second lockdown.

31 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Are folk really moaning about the NHS workers TikTok thingy? Bit stunned if this is the case. Not seen anything on my feeds.

Daily Mail readers, perhaps, but their choice of newspaper may make that inevitable.

19 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I don't think anyone really thinks they don't have the time to practise a dance for 5mins.

But personally I don't get it. What's the point? Just seems a touch self indulgent, misjudged.

If my family had lost a loved one would I find it amusing, touching? 

I was sat 'with' a group of Social Care staff on Wed...all going out on visits, debating the merits of wearing PPE. 

If I had suggested why don't we come up with a dance routine and post it I can tell you they would have been totally aghast. 

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

They way he avoided answering why we have not one bit of information of an exit strategy was embarrassing, he was asked twice why Scotland had a 20 odd page document and we had nothing.

He was rambling the second time about flattening the curve again.

Wheres Boris anyway?

I wonder if it’s wise though to have anything too specific laid out at this stage. A specific date might be nice but that is unrealistic. Specific target figures might also seem useful but, for me, given how little we know about this virus, the approach being adopted (broad criteria and review at regular intervals) feels right to me. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I don't think anyone really thinks they don't have the time to practise a dance for 5mins.

But personally I don't get it. What's the point? Just seems a touch self indulgent, misjudged.

If my family had lost a loved one would I find it amusing, touching? 

I was sat 'with' a group of Social Care staff on Wed...all going out on visits, debating the merits of wearing PPE. 

If I had suggested why don't we come up with a dance routine and post it I can tell you they would have been totally aghast. 

Those two things are neither mutually exclusive or related. They can ask for more PPE and also relax how they wish on their break. 

Who are we to judge what they do in their free time to keep their morale high. When you work in a team like that, moments like this is probably the only bit of fun you get together.

I'd get it if they were doing it and there's a ward of people laying neglected in the background.

34 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Those two things are neither mutually exclusive or related. They can ask for more PPE and also relax how they wish on their break. 

Who are we to judge what they do in their free time to keep their morale high. When you work in a team like that, moments like this is probably the only bit of fun you get together.

I'd get it if they were doing it and there's a ward of people laying neglected in the background.

Everybody has a right nowadays to judge other people's lives and also jobs, based on little to no evidence or knowledge. Because their opinion is as good as anyone else's. 

49 minutes ago, Duracell said:

They can do what they want, I don't really care to be honest. 

But your point is utterly ridiculous. 

They are completely related.

As far as I can see they are in the 'workplace', in uniform. As a team, workers we were sat talking about how families would feel if we turned up (or didn't) in masks. If we should go in if asked if it wasn't totally necessary or would they think that was rude if we refused etc. 

It wasn't just about safety, it was about perception... How people who had been refusing to see elderly relatives would feel if we seemed off-hand, jovial. Would they want us to be chatty, say it was fuss about nothing..or be super serious. Because those things will be reported back. 

As I said, I don't care really. But to not expect some people to say its galling if their business and live is going down the tubes is as obtuse as those moaning. 

For me the real irritant is the constant clamour of celebrity s to fill our screens doing a song or a dance or something that far more to do with their need for attention than to entertain and give back ,, there ive said it grumpy old git 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

For me the real irritant is the constant clamour of celebrity s to fill our screens doing a song or a dance or something that far more to do with their need for attention than to entertain and give back ,, there ive said it grumpy old git 

This from Australia just about nails it:

WARNING - video is a bit sweary in places....

2 hours ago, Archied said:

You and me both.

Millionaires doing online concerts to get people currently being paid 80% of their wages to donate to charity, and take all the plaudits themselves.

The sad thing is there are a lot out their who actually fall for it.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You and me both.

Millionaires doing online concerts to get people currently being paid 80% of their wages to donate to charity, and take all the plaudits themselves.

The sad thing is there are a lot out their who actually fall for it.

Always a very difficult area this.... 

Similar vein to the Bradley Johnson chat from a while back...him merely attending a fundraiser and not giving both his kidneys.. 

But the sight of Mick Jagger playing a guitar and asking for cash for the NHS or whatever is slightly uncomfortable viewing. 

Recently read Keith Richards had said no way could he be arsed with Live Aid, then he realised Mick was on board with another act, and then quickly joined Bob Dylan I think? All the acts did massiveky well off the back of it... 

Reminds me of the Friends episode about there being no selfless act. 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Always a very difficult area this.... 

Similar vein to the Bradley Johnson chat from a while back...him merely attending a fundraiser and not giving both his kidneys.. 

But the sight of Mick Jagger playing a guitar and asking for cash for the NHS or whatever is slightly uncomfortable viewing. 

Recently read Keith Richards had said no way could he be arsed with Live Aid, then he realised Mick was on board with another act, and then quickly joined Bob Dylan I think? All the acts did massiveky well off the back of it... 

Reminds me of the Friends episode about there being no selfless act. 

It's all very much self promotion.

As is people videoing themselves in the street clapping the NHS.

How about putting your phone down and spending a minute or 2 actually thinking about why you are clapping, rather than how many likes you can get on Facebook. 

Archived