Man U ticket sales

DCFC Ram

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ossieram said:

From my view from D block South stand, that 2nd picture could be from the other 3 sides of the ground.

It does make me wonder why we have so many fans that turn up at games and don't really contribute to the atmosphere.

I would not be so smug in the south stand compared to the ossie end and the popside  you guys are about a four on a scale of ten.

Outsung most weeks by a smaller or similar number of away fans.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

I would not be so smug in the south stand compared to the ossie end and the popside  you guys are about a four on a scale of ten.

same old thing, a small, compact, group of away fans, that for some reason seem more inclined to sing, often make more noise than the home fans not just at Derby. Also, can we all really remember, with any accuracy, how much noise the Ossie End made more than 20 years ago compared with the South Stand now?

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

I can be as smug as I like, I was on both the poside and the ossie end with a few visits to the C stand and contributed to the atmosphere in all. I can also remember the days when we were dragging small crowds at the BBG when we were outsung by away fans, it wasn't all good back then.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

same old thing, a small, compact, group of away fans, that for some reason seem more inclined to sing, often make more noise than the home fans not just at Derby. Also, can we all really remember, with any accuracy, how much noise the Ossie End made more than 20 years ago compared with the South Stand now?

As a former Ossie ender, Popsider both Vulcan Street and Columbo Street and at the death of the Baseball Ground C Stand Paddock, The noise was louder at the BBG, Why because most if not all were males(not a dig at Women)the songs were more of an Anglo Saxon language, Away supporters at the BBG were an arms length away and back in the day 70s and 80s standing gave a better atmosphere imo,The Baseball Ground held the noise compared to PP.

Different times, Different Generation, Different Stadia.

24 minutes ago, TramRam said:

As a former Ossie ender, Popsider both Vulcan Street and Columbo Street and at the death of the Baseball Ground C Stand Paddock, The noise was louder at the BBG, Why because most if not all were males(not a dig at Women)the songs were more of an Anglo Saxon language, Away supporters at the BBG were an arms length away and back in the day 70s and 80s standing gave a better atmosphere imo,The Baseball Ground held the noise compared to PP.

Different times, Different Generation, Different Stadia.

you're probably right although, as a Popsider myself, I can't help but suspect there is an element of selective memory from all of us. 

5 hours ago, ossieram said:

From my view from D block South stand, that 2nd picture could be from the other 3 sides of the ground.

It does make me wonder why we have so many fans that turn up at games and don't really contribute to the atmosphere.

I'm in the NE Corner.  Block H Aisle seat, so just the other side of the stairs from the Family Stand.  We are under strict instructions (with additional signs at the foot of the stairs from the concourse) warning us about "Offensive language" in and around such a sensitive area.

It becomes a tad embarrassing singing "If you don't jump and bounce you're a red", "Always sit on the red side of the Trent", "You've had your day out, now take off home", "The referee's a banker" and the oh so less than popular "Book the EFL", along with too numerous others to mention!

Either Sheffield Wednesday need to come up with something more family friendly, else we in the kids end remain defiantly hushed!  Thems the choices!  ?

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That's because they had a new addition.?

Well, for saying I was looking straight at "the front row near the drummer", I couldn't see you!  Perhaps you need to come to the next game shirtless, paint your upper half purple, and refer to yourself as "Vimto".  You could become famous... or should I say infamous... Oh no wait... you already are the latter!  

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

Did you enjoy it? 

Yes, although it would have been even better if Bird had leathered one in and ran towards us at the end.

I'm calling the ticket office tomorrow to make the change permanent. Moving onto the second row, next to someone I sort of know from Twitter and who I got talking to at the game.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yes, although it would have been even better if Bird had leathered one in and ran towards us at the end.

I'm calling the ticket office tomorrow to make the change permanent. Moving onto the second row, next to someone I sort of know from Twitter and who I got talking to at the game.

Fwiend+_582c5bbf845a07a85b5731cddabb0b00

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

you're probably right although, as a Popsider myself, I can't help but suspect there is an element of selective memory from all of us. 

As ossieram said, There were times when the crowd was pretty sparse, If memory serves Coventry came here in a Brown Kit and we only had around 10k there, When things were good to OK a good crowd was in, When things were pphhhttt, The crowds stayed at home.

6 hours ago, Rambalin said:

4 The "C" Stand posse used to make more noise and there was barely 100 of us!!

(Waits for the incoming)

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm in the NE Corner.  Block H Aisle seat, so just the other side of the stairs from the Family Stand.  We are under strict instructions (with additional signs at the foot of the stairs from the concourse) warning us about "Offensive language" in and around such a sensitive area.

It becomes a tad embarrassing singing "If you don't jump and bounce you're a red", "Always sit on the red side of the Trent", "You've had your day out, now take off home", "The referee's a banker" and the oh so less than popular "Book the EFL", along with too numerous others to mention!

Either Sheffield Wednesday need to come up with something more family friendly, else we in the kids end remain defiantly hushed!  Thems the choices!  ?

Small potatoes, I sit in the North Stand there's stickers on our seats which say something like "this is a family stand mind your language", No singing, No swearing the worse thing that happens is when nature calls I get the look of death from those who find standing up very inconvenient, Damn worse when I get back to my seat.

Archived