Man U ticket sales

DCFC Ram

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I've had a response, so a big up to them on the quick response score.

Not sure too many Season Ticket Holders will be too enamoured with it though?

My Query:

Hi,
I am hoping you could answer the following query...

I am a season ticket holder, and have already purchased my one number allowed ticket for the upcoming Man Utd FA Cup game.

I have also purchased the occasional additional match day ticket for friends/relatives during the past 2 seasons (using my fan ID).

I notice that from Friday 10am (P3) those who have previously purchased a match day ticket during the past two seasons can purchase two tickets for this game.

Would this (P3) include me (As technically, my season ticket means I have bought tickets to previous games)?

Eg1:   Could I return on Friday and purchase two tickets, as someone who has previously purchased a (season) ticket?

EG2:   Could I return on Friday and purchase two tickets, as someone who has previously purchased at least one match day ticket in the past two seasons?

EG3:   Could I return on Friday and purchase just the one ticket (additional to my already purchased season ticket seat) for a relative who has no fan ID or purchase history.

Or do I have to wait for general sale to purchase over and above my allotted single ticket? 

This of course would infer preferential purchasing power for a supporter who has purchased one match day ticket in the past two seasons, over and above my long-standing season ticket history.

Please could you advise.  Your time is much appreciated.

REGARDS,

Their Response:

Thank you for your email. Season Ticket Holders are only entitled to purchase one ticket per Fan ID number through all periods of sale for this fixture - Season Ticket Holders have received their reserved seat and a discounted price to all other supporters.

For league fixtures, non-Season Ticket Holders and Members are able to purchase two tickets per Fan ID and therefore the same rules apply for this fixture. Even on General Sale, you would not be able to use your Fan ID to purchase additional tickets as these would have to be under the Fan ID of the non-Season Ticket Holder to be charged the correct price.

Kind regards,

So from that, it appears... and this is generally (League games) as well as applying to the Man Utd cup game... that non-Season Ticket holders can purchase two tickets from their one Fan ID.  Not so for a Season Ticket Holder.  Any friend/relative of theirs must have a fan ID.  Go figure!

I also appreciate the comment regarding discounted rates (on this occasion).  I seriously doubt any Season Ticket Holder would expect to get any additional tickets at the reduce rate, of course, so I'm mooting that point, if I may.

That's according to the above of course.  However... unless the rules were changed last summer/closed season... I know the underlined bit to be wrong, as I have indeed previously been in to the ticket office and purchased additional match day ticket(s) for various friends/family, on various and numerous occasions, solely by producing my own Season Ticket/Fan ID.  Occasionally just one extra ticket.  Occasionally 3 or 4 extra tickets.  Of course, this was during the "General sale" period, and of course I paid the going rate (no discount etc for being a STH, obvs).  But the user of that ticket (may or) may not have had a DCFC Fan ID of their own, and if they had, it was never declared. Also, it was always my name/Fan ID on the printed ticket(s). 

Glad we've cleared that up, then!  

Now... What's that saying?... 

What do others think?   

I'm slightly surprised by that considering I buy home tickets for friends/family using my (STH) fan ID, just as I did last night and throughout this season. I didn't expect the system to struggle with the difference in pricing for this game.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm slightly surprised by that considering I buy home tickets for friends/family using my (STH) fan ID, just as I did last night and throughout this season. I didn't expect the system to struggle with the difference in pricing for this game.

My thoughts exactly.  

As already alluded to, I have similar ticket purchase history, including when they used to use that "dynamic pricing" or whatever it was called.  The match day price was the match day price.  My ST was never in the equation, just my Fan ID.

Also... on occasion... I have bought a group of tickets, necessitating the need for me to change my ST seat (to be sat with the rest of the group).  As I'm in the cheap seats, that has occasionally meant "upgrading".  These compooters are so intelligent these days, they can even calculate the difference (to be paid)... even though my ST is effectively discounted for each individual match!

I think the club should introduce a half fan season ticket. When a game is designated as a 'big game', half fans get priority and are allowed to purchase 6 tickets for their friends, provided they haven't attended any matches other than 'big games', or away games that happen to be on their doorstep*. Half fan season tickets are free with a Now TV sports pass.

*It actually took me about 2.5 hours to do the 8 miles from work to Fulham this season. 1 hour drive to meet mate at Hammersmith. 1 hour looking for where I parked my car so mate could put his bag in there. 30 mins sprint to Craven Cottage with 2 mins spare to kick off.

51 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think the club should introduce a half fan season ticket. When a game is designated as a 'big game', half fans get priority and are allowed to purchase 6 tickets for their friends, provided they haven't attended any matches other than 'big games', or away games that happen to be on their doorstep*. Half fan season tickets are free with a Now TV sports pass.

*It actually took me about 2.5 hours to do the 8 miles from work to Fulham this season. 1 hour drive to meet mate at Hammersmith. 1 hour looking for where I parked my car so mate could put his bag in there. 30 mins sprint to Craven Cottage with 2 mins spare to kick off.

Similar idea to the Liverpool FC season ticket pictured below... 

image.png.f6ab2accf752feba9c42075135c172be.png

Archived