Man U ticket sales

DCFC Ram

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I'm a ST holder who is looking for 2/3 extra tickets (above mine). Hoping/assuming there will be availability still on the 25th Feb for me to buy. (If I need three should be able to use my dads ID as well)

If you check out my post towards the end of page 2 of this thread, you'll note that I've quoted an email from the ticket office, in which it states that ST Holders aren't permitted to get a second ticket... at any stage, during any selling period!  If your dad is a STH, same would apply to him. 
However, if dad is a non-STH, even with no purchase history in the past two seasons (Period 3), his ID will permit him to purchase 2 tickets during the (P4) General Sale period. (from 25th). 
If his ID HAS been used to buy tickets in the past two seasons... and he isn't a STH... then he can buy two from tomorrow (P3) (Assuming he hasn't bought one already for this game!)

Whilst the above is the official response to my email, straight from the horses mouth, from previous experience (and that of others who have posted on here) I suspect the aforementioned horse may have given out some slightly inaccurate info, and I suspect that your ID will at least allow you to grab another single ticket come General sale, along with 2 more from dad's ID (again assuming he hasn't purchased one already, for this game).

It all seems a little ar5e about face to me, but that is what is quoted in their email response to my query (which I also posted, for reference).  
Obviously, the official line over-rides what anyone on the internet thinks, so all that is left is for me to wish you well, and ask that you to get back to us, and let us know how you got on.   

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Then you may be out of luck on Tuesday’s general sale. Slim pickings for sure. 

I was afraid of that. Coming over from Norway to see several games that week, will be staying in Derby that night. Have a couple of beers in a pub outside the ground and watch the game on tv isnt the worst thing to do.

2 minutes ago, samiboy said:

I was afraid of that. Coming over from Norway to see several games that week, will be staying in Derby that night. Have a couple of beers in a pub outside the ground and watch the game on tv isnt the worst thing to do.

Truthfully, you may be lucky, it really does depend. Seeing as we've played them more than some teams in our division lately, demand may not be as high!

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

If you check out my post towards the end of page 2 of this thread, you'll note that I've quoted an email from the ticket office, in which it states that ST Holders aren't permitted to get a second ticket... at any stage, during any selling period!  If your dad is a STH, same would apply to him. 
However, if dad is a non-STH, even with no purchase history in the past two seasons (Period 3), his ID will permit him to purchase 2 tickets during the (P4) General Sale period. (from 25th). 
If his ID HAS been used to buy tickets in the past two seasons... and he isn't a STH... then he can buy two from tomorrow (P3) (Assuming he hasn't bought one already for this game!)

Whilst the above is the official response to my email, straight from the horses mouth, from previous experience (and that of others who have posted on here) I suspect the aforementioned horse may have given out some slightly inaccurate info, and I suspect that your ID will at least allow you to grab another single ticket come General sale, along with 2 more from dad's ID (again assuming he hasn't purchased one already, for this game).

It all seems a little ar5e about face to me, but that is what is quoted in their email response to my query (which I also posted, for reference).  
Obviously, the official line over-rides what anyone on the internet thinks, so all that is left is for me to wish you well, and ask that you to get back to us, and let us know how you got on.   

In general sale ST holders can and will also get the discounted price.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well that just confuses me lol.

1 hour ago, wyschtonram said:

In general sale ST holders can and will also get the discounted price.

If they haven't already purchased their seat, then yes, I'd imagine that's correct.  If their ST seat has now been taken by someone else (after the reserved period expires), then I'd assume they can still choose another seat, and presumably the discount will still apply, in either case.  
However, if they have already purchased their ST seat (or an alternative), they won't be allowed to go back during general sale, and purchase a second ticket... with or without the discount.

Again, I stress this is what the ticket office emailed me.  Whether they have their facts right or not is not for me to confirm!

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

Their rules which appear to prohibit me buying a second ticket yet a fan without a ST can buy two tickets.

Ah right!  Yes, it did leave me somewhat flabbergasted.  Luckily I don't require extra tickets for this one, so I'm alright Jack, but the principle still stinks!

Archived