Man U ticket sales

DCFC Ram

4 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Absolutely nothing personal mate, but if your fan id is because you're a season ticket holder you'll be waiting for general sale to buy them one this time around

Whereas if you have an id but aren't a season ticket holder you'll be able to buy an extra ticket on Friday.

I'm struggling to see your side of the argument here. Why does a ST holder need an extra ticket?

I've explained why a 'normal fan' may want to buy two, due to the second person not having a fan ID despite going to several games a year.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I’m being an idiot there seems to be a few jumping down the OPs throat here without fully understanding their point. Don’t think the argument is that season ticket holders should have priority over other fans to buy extra tickets, more that they should have equal priority. The info the OP has posted suggests that non season ticket holders currently get priority to buy extra tickets for people who don’t have a fan ID over and above season ticket holders, who can’t buy tickets for people they know without a fan ID until a sale period later than non season ticket holders can. If so, that seems bizzare to me.

That Said, I really don’t get the panic over these tickets. It’s a home cup match on a Thursday night, Man United or not, I really don’t think you’ll have trouble getting tickets even in general sale. There’ll be plenty, myself included, who can’t attend so will have to watch on BT. 

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Unless I’m being an idiot there seems to be a few jumping down the OPs throat here without fully understanding their point. Don’t think the argument is that season ticket holders should have priority over other fans to buy extra tickets, more that they should have equal priority. The info the OP has posted suggests that non season ticket holders currently get priority to buy extra tickets for people who don’t have a fan ID over and above season ticket holders, who can’t buy tickets for people they know without a fan ID until a sale period later than non season ticket holders can. If so, that seems bizzare to me.

That Said, I really don’t get the panic over these tickets. It’s a home cup match on a Thursday night, Man United or not, I really don’t think you’ll have trouble getting tickets even in general sale. There’ll be plenty, myself included, who can’t attend so will have to watch on BT. 

cheers - you're not being an idiot. That's pretty much my point. 

It's neither here nor there for me - I just noticed it on the club website after I'd bought my ticket and thought it odd

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Precisely.  That's certainly how I see it (as a ST Holder).  I'm with @DCFC Ram on this.  Nobody is asking for priority, or preferential treatment, over and above the norm, so STHs (x1), then Home Members (x1), then by all means reward those who have attended in the past 2 years with their own ticket period (x1).  Then and only then should it go on general sale, with all comers being allowed to by two tickets.  If need be, restrict those who have already purchased their one ticket, to one further ticket during this general sale period, whereas those that didn't fall into the first three categories can buy 2 in the general sale.

This advertised process is indeed giving priority (to buy an extra/additional/second ticket) to one group, and one group only... effectively those who have purchased the one single match ticket in the past two years!  Are their friends/relatives more valued than those of a season ticket holder?  Surely those friends/relatives should all be on equal footing?

I'm also with the OP, that this doesn't affect me, as I have my ticket... and no friends!  But hey, there is a principle here!

Perhaps if friends come with you more than once it would be wise to get them an I’d number. Some time ago if I wanted to buy tickets for my grandchildren, the person on the phone asked if I wanted them to have numbers. I did and from then I thought bought their tickets on their numbers.

Though I do agree with the OP!

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Where does it say a STH can’t purchase extra ticket(s) during P3? It says “Supporters who have purchased a first-team home game”, so surely a STH counts?

I did mean to mention something along those lines in my initial post on this thread.  Must have got waylaid before posting!

"Technically", we have bought at least one ticket in the previous two seasons, so "technically", I'd like to think we'd be allowed that second ticket in P3.

I might try... just for the craic!  I'd have to go back next day though... for a refund!  ?

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I did mean to mention something along those lines in my initial post on this thread.  Must have got waylaid before posting!

"Technically", we have bought at least one ticket in the previous two seasons, so "technically", I'd like to think we'd be allowed that second ticket in P3.

I might try... just for the craic!  I'd have to go back next day though... for a refund!  ?

I'd be interested in what you find out. My reading of the rules is that you won't be allowed to buy one until general sale.

31 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

I'd be interested in what you find out. My reading of the rules is that you won't be allowed to buy one until general sale.

I was actually joking!

...But, I'm as intrigued as you are!  I've just emailed the ticket office.  If they get back to me, I'll post my query and response on here.

It may be something to do with the ticketing system. Having a season ticket only entitles a single discounted ticket,  and it probably can't cope with different priced tickets on the same ID.

I have something similar - previous years I'd buy match tickets for me and my dad on my ID. This year I have home membership, and can now only buy 1 (discounted) ticket, so have had to set him up with an ID.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I have a feeling a ticket for a game away from our home stadium, in London, doesn’t count as a home ticket. I may be wrong though. 

It's pretty much a second home now though. Still a chance we'll play there 3 more times this season.

Think of the Forest fans, they've only been to see Take That and Ed Sheeran!

33 minutes ago, Crazy said:

It may be something to do with the ticketing system. Having a season ticket only entitles a single discounted ticket,  and it probably can't cope with different priced tickets on the same ID.

I have something similar - previous years I'd buy match tickets for me and my dad on my ID. This year I have home membership, and can now only buy 1 (discounted) ticket, so have had to set him up with an ID.

Most STs will have bought over and above cup games and/or playoff semi tickets during the last 2 seasons, so I would assume they count?

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was actually joking!

...But, I'm as intrigued as you are!  I've just emailed the ticket office.  If they get back to me, I'll post my query and response on here.

Well, I've had a response, so a big up to them on the quick response score.

Not sure too many Season Ticket Holders will be too enamoured with it though?

My Query:

Hi,
I am hoping you could answer the following query...

I am a season ticket holder, and have already purchased my one number allowed ticket for the upcoming Man Utd FA Cup game.

I have also purchased the occasional additional match day ticket for friends/relatives during the past 2 seasons (using my fan ID).

I notice that from Friday 10am (P3) those who have previously purchased a match day ticket during the past two seasons can purchase two tickets for this game.

Would this (P3) include me (As technically, my season ticket means I have bought tickets to previous games)?

Eg1:   Could I return on Friday and purchase two tickets, as someone who has previously purchased a (season) ticket?

EG2:   Could I return on Friday and purchase two tickets, as someone who has previously purchased at least one match day ticket in the past two seasons?

EG3:   Could I return on Friday and purchase just the one ticket (additional to my already purchased season ticket seat) for a relative who has no fan ID or purchase history.

Or do I have to wait for general sale to purchase over and above my allotted single ticket? 

This of course would infer preferential purchasing power for a supporter who has purchased one match day ticket in the past two seasons, over and above my long-standing season ticket history.

Please could you advise.  Your time is much appreciated.

REGARDS,

Their Response:

Thank you for your email. Season Ticket Holders are only entitled to purchase one ticket per Fan ID number through all periods of sale for this fixture - Season Ticket Holders have received their reserved seat and a discounted price to all other supporters.

For league fixtures, non-Season Ticket Holders and Members are able to purchase two tickets per Fan ID and therefore the same rules apply for this fixture. Even on General Sale, you would not be able to use your Fan ID to purchase additional tickets as these would have to be under the Fan ID of the non-Season Ticket Holder to be charged the correct price.

Kind regards,

So from that, it appears... and this is generally (League games) as well as applying to the Man Utd cup game... that non-Season Ticket holders can purchase two tickets from their one Fan ID.  Not so for a Season Ticket Holder.  Any friend/relative of theirs must have a fan ID.  Go figure!

I also appreciate the comment regarding discounted rates (on this occasion).  I seriously doubt any Season Ticket Holder would expect to get any additional tickets at the reduce rate, of course, so I'm mooting that point, if I may.

That's according to the above of course.  However... unless the rules were changed last summer/closed season... I know the underlined bit to be wrong, as I have indeed previously been in to the ticket office and purchased additional match day ticket(s) for various friends/family, on various and numerous occasions, solely by producing my own Season Ticket/Fan ID.  Occasionally just one extra ticket.  Occasionally 3 or 4 extra tickets.  Of course, this was during the "General sale" period, and of course I paid the going rate (no discount etc for being a STH, obvs).  But the user of that ticket (may or) may not have had a DCFC Fan ID of their own, and if they had, it was never declared. Also, it was always my name/Fan ID on the printed ticket(s). 

Glad we've cleared that up, then!  

Now... What's that saying?... 

What do others think?   

Archived