Man U ticket sales

DCFC Ram

Anybody else noticed that season ticket holders are limited to one ticket until they go on general sale (after 'round 3'), whereas anyone who has bought one home ticket in the last 2 years can buy 2 tickets in 'round 3'.

whilst it doesn't bother me, it seems a bit of an odd arrangement

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, see what you're saying. 
It doesn't affect me either, but yes, it does seem odd that those that have previously bought a single ticket during the last 2 seasons can buy 2 tickets before anyone else has a chance to buy a second ticket. 

It should be one per Fan ID through all stages, until general sale, imo.

44 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Anyone who calls themselves a Rams fan should have been to at least one game in the past two seasons So the third round of ticket sales is in all but name a general sale.

Hi

Except that it isn't 'in all but name a general sale' as season ticket holders who haven't missed a game for 2 years are unable to buy an extra ticket in the third round of sales - whereas someone who has been to one game in two years can buy an extra ticket during that round.

3 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Hi

Except that it isn't 'in all but name a general sale' as season ticket holders who haven't missed a game for 2 years are unable to buy an extra ticket in the third round of sales - whereas someone who has been to one game in two years can buy an extra ticket during that round.

Why should season ticket holders get any priority to additional tickets?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Should someone who has bought one ticket in 2 years have priority over someone who has bought a season ticket for 2 years?

It's neither here nor there for me - but I would have thought that the club would see season ticket holders as more of a priority that some random single ticket buyer is all.

9 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Hi

Why does a ST holder need an extra ticket? If a friend has been to a game in the past two years, they'll be able to get one during P3 themselves.

1 minute ago, DCFC Ram said:

Should someone who has bought one ticket in 2 years have priority over someone who has bought a season ticket for 2 years?

It's neither here nor there for me - but I would have thought that the club would see season ticket holders as more of a priority that some random single ticket buyer is all.

So that season ticket holder can buy a ticket for someone who obviously has not been to a match in the last 2 years (otherwise they would not need to rely on the season ticket holder to buy them the ticket?!)

The club do see season ticket holders as priority hence why the get chance to get their tickets before everyone else.

2 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

The ST holder does have priority. They can get a ticket during P3. For home games you only need 1 fan ID for multiple tickets. So some fans who attend regularly don't have fan IDs

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

The ST holder does have priority. They can get a ticket during P3. For home games you only need 1 fan ID for multiple tickets. So some fans who attend regularly don't have fan IDs

it's the extra ticket - I don't think that season ticket holders can get the extra ticket during P3 whereas the plastics can

maybe I've misunderstood

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's still once more than the 'plastic fan' who needs a ST holder to buy the ticket for them

no - in P3 the plastic fan can buy one for themselves with their once-used ID plus one for a mate.

whereas the season ticket holder cannot buy another one in P3

unless I've got it wrong

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Playing devil's advocate here but I'd suggest that by and large, those who spend the most with the club should probably be favoured over those who only turn up to watch us play United. Loyalty and spend should be rewarded though perhaps a small % of tickets should be retained exclusively for non-ST holders too so that those who live abroad, or can't get to games for other reasons, are not excluded on the odd occasions that they can? 

In fairness, it's hard to please everyone is this regard.

21 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

same could be said of the plastic fan who has been once but is able to but one for a friend who has never been though?

19 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

it's the extra ticket - I don't think that season ticket holders can get the extra ticket during P3 whereas the plastics can

maybe I've misunderstood

17 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

no - in P3 the plastic fan can buy one for themselves with their once-used ID plus one for a mate.

whereas the season ticket holder cannot buy another one in P3

unless I've got it wrong

16 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

explain why the plastic who has been to one match does?

Be great if you stopped referring to other fans as 'plastics' every 5 seconds. 

26 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

explain why the plastic who has been to one match does?

I've taken my GF and several different friends to games but they don't have a fan ID. I also buy home tickets for my dad and brother using my fan ID and if they didn't go to away games as well, then they wouldn't have fan IDs either. But, they've collectively been to 10-15 home games in the past 2 seasons.

Absolutely nothing personal mate, but if your fan id is because you're a season ticket holder you'll be waiting for general sale to buy them one this time around

Whereas if you have an id but aren't a season ticket holder you'll be able to buy an extra ticket on Friday.

Archived