Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Marriott will be nowhere near Martin for assists,so whilst he may (and this is an unknown quantity,as he hasn't been prolific for us) score goals,I suspect The rest of the team would be far less well supplied.

Marriott will suit somebody's team,but not one of Cocus unfortunately.

I do think there’s a good poss that Marriott could be coached to fit a cocu team ( injuries and desire dependant) if you could get him playing across the front line and making the right runs to break the lines with pace and timing ,if they could build an understanding in training he could well be a revelation,, lets see

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Yeah ? I hope he stays on for another season. 

Yes I do but part of a four man attacking centre forwards Available for selection 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

The mysterious cheap pacey intelligent skilful tall good in the air harrying striker Cocu is about to sign on 10p a day and a Mars bar on Sundays! ?

I look forward to it - possible- yet unlikely 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Yes I do but part of a four man attacking centre forwards Available for selection 

I look forward to it - possible- yet unlikely 

You buy the Mars bar I'll supply the ten pees.

I think Triallist might have something to say (not sure how much yet) and hopefully Marriott gets fit and we sign Chrissy.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You buy the Mars bar I'll supply the ten pees.

I think Triallist might have something to say (not sure how much yet) and hopefully Marriott gets fit and we sign Chrissy.

Hopefully but we need four different types of centre forward and we need Marriott to come good 

39 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Marriott. I saw enough last season to know there’s a player in there and would love to get a proper season out of him. Might be naive to think it but it’s possible.

Last season? What about this season under Cocu? Don’t get me wrong, I love Marriott. But Martin is Derby’s best player this century and more suited to Cocu’s non-dynamic and uninspired tactics. Marriott is more suited to running on to through balls and anything knocked over the top. 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Last season? What about this season under Cocu? Don’t get me wrong, I love Marriott. But Martin is Derby’s best player this century and more suited to Cocu’s non-dynamic and uninspired tactics. Marriott is more suited to running on to through balls and anything knocked over the top. 

Maybe you’re right that he’s the right man for the slow and predictable style of play, but I’m hoping we move away from that.

FWIW I don’t think Martin is a bad player, he’s good at what he does. It’s just not for me week in week out over a full season.

Some seem to have already written Marriott off which I find strange, guess we’ll have to see if they’re right.

9 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

FWIW I don’t think Martin is a bad player, he’s good at what he does. It’s just not for me week in week out over a full season.

Some seem to have already written Marriott off which I find strange, guess we’ll have to see if they’re right.

The little we saw of Marriott today, there was one burst of speed on a run, so his pace is still good - we may yet see Marriott and Martin.

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Our front line just seems and feels stale, personally I would be happy with a complete clear out and restart if that a possibility 

How long will you give a new bunch? There's no width and a centre half or two plus keeper needed, but you want a new front line?

His goal celebration said to me he wasn’t confident of being around next season.

Derby fits him, his loans away have mainly been unsuccessful.

When the tempo is high he’s in his pomp.

I expect Cocu wants high tempo play.

Archived