Adam Le Fondre

Day

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi I am a new poster to this site but I have been reading it for a while. ALF is a good shout for a striker and I have often said to my friends we should sign him, but has anyone taken note of the big no9 at mk dons in the 1st division. He is a big lad scores goals, 20 odd last season scored at least 3 already this season, holds the ball well and makes plenty of assissts for others. Peterborough had an offer turned down for him and one thing fergurson jr does well is pick out good strikers from lower divisions ie Smith, Boyd and Mclean. I Think he would be the Ideal centre forward for us.

Hello mate, welcome to the forum, excuse the Scottish member from Edinburgh, you are right to post what you did. Ignore him, a few members do.:rolleyes:

Hope he's on his way here beter than spending 3mill on waghorn plus look how good brayford and. Bailey have turned out I'm sure he can make the step up to this level come on Nigel go get him got to be a bargain I think 500k will get him

If Waggy is free to look for a new club and league 1 sides Sheff Wed and Brizzle are interested it ain''t going to be 3 mil mate

If Waggy is free to look for a new club and league 1 sides Sheff Wed and Brizzle are interested it ain''t going to be 3 mil mate

He mayb e ready for a step up from Rotherham but that dont mean he is ready for Championship football or that hes better than any of the 5 strikers we alraedy have here..

I would of prefered Alfie to Tyson ..but i think Clough went with Tyson as he has the expeirence at Championship level ....

.....and he was free.

But Tyson only scored 2 last season.

Oh and another 2 in the season before that.

Saying that he was prolific in the league the season before that one. He managed to get to 5!! :eek::eek:

What's your point? Tyson was signed to play up front, something he hasn't done in the last few years. Those stats are pretty meaningless.

Tyson can't hit a barn door. I'm guessing even on the wing he had more than enough opportunities to get close to double figures in atleast one of those seasons.

How many wingers score more than 10 in a season, come to think of it how many in Championship score say 9,8,7,6 or even 5 goals in a season.

Forest scored 69 goals last season but put this into context for their midfield as this is how he compared with the rest of the midfield (where he played

Paul Anderson 39 4

Lewis McGugan 45 13

Chris Cohen 47 2

Paul McKenna 35 2

Guy Moussi 34 0

Radosław Majewski 28 2

Tyson can't hit a barn door. I'm guessing even on the wing he had more than enough opportunities to get close to double figures in atleast one of those seasons.

How many wingers score more than 10 in a season, come to think of it how many in Championship score say 9,8,7,6 or even 5 goals in a season.

Forest scored 69 goals last season but put this into context for their midfield as this is how he compared with the rest of the midfield (where he played

Paul Anderson played 39 scored 4

Lewis McGugan played 45 scored13

Chris Cohen played 47 score 2

Paul McKenna played 35 scored 2

Guy Moussi played 34 scored 0

Radosław Majewski played 28 scored 2

Now looking at this there must be only Mcgugan barn door that has some holes in because he was only one who reached over 5.

Tyson stats played 35 games all season in championship started 12 sub 20 scored 2.

Anderson in champ started 28 sub 9 times scored 4

Mcgugan started 36 sub 6 times scored 13

Mckenna started 31 sub 2 times scored 2

Moussi started 26 sub 6 scored 0

Majewski started 21 subbed 6 scored 2

As you can see stats as people are quite happy to use show a different light consider this goals per start ratio from midifeld from a top 6 team in last two season as much as it pains me.

Remember ratio is goal:starts

Tyson 1 in 6

Anderson 1 in 7

McGugan 1 in 2.8

Mckenna 1 in 15.5

Moussi 0 in 26

Majewski 1 10.5

Stat are wonderful aren't they as Tyson was there second top scorer using this ratio from the midfield and we got him free.

It means bugger all what he did in the past it is what he does now and when fit we can see what he offers. Stats can be manipulated any way you want to. :-0

Paul Anderson 39 4

Lewis McGugan 45 13

Chris Cohen 47 2

Paul McKenna 35 2

Guy Moussi 34 0

Radosław Majewski 28 2

They have always been midfielders. Tyson is/was a forward so he should always be able to finish. You can't suddenly forget how to score if you move to the side you the pitch. He should have still scored more than 2 in the last two seasons.

Sinclair 22, Gradel 18, Eagles 15, Whittingham 10... Just a few I can think of scoring atleast 10.

They have always been midfielders. Tyson is/was a forward so he should always be able to finish. You can't suddenly forget how to score if you move to the side you the pitch. He should have still scored more than 2 in the last two seasons.

Sinclair 22, Gradel 18, Eagles 15, Whittingham 10... Just a few I can think of scoring atleast 10.

How many wingers played in the league last year.

All I am saying is stats do not show the full story look at Danny Graham scored 10 goals between 2003-2007 no one really gave him a chance in that period now look £3 mill from Watford to prem league.

Torres scored 10 goals as a striker last year in 37 games sold for £50million.

As I say it is what he does now not in the past. If a striker is getting service he likes make it easier for them to score.

But playing as a striker you get more chances than playing wide. You need to look ST conversion rate (goals to shots) rather than goals per game. If he scored 10 in a season out 230 chances playing as s striker ( 5 a game not unreasonable) then scores 3 from 100 playing as a winger ( 2 or 3 chances a game) then the conversion rate is pretty similar.

Archived