Adam Le Fondre

Day

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Didn't they slap a £3m price tag on his head a couple months ago? I wouldn't be surprised if they get that aswell from a Prem club willing to take a punt.

It was a comment made half in jest by Tony Stewart (Millers owner). The reality is more than likely in the £1.25m to £1.5m range.

It's all gone quiet from the several contacts I have at the Don Valley stadium, a few possibilities: I've upset them, they're still recovering from New Year celebrations or they are in the process of agreeing a transfer for Adam. Tony accepts the reality that they have to cash in on their biggest asset to help fund the new stadium.

Derby's interest is well known and got mentioned every time I spoke with Millers officials from mid 2010 onwards. Cloughs been up to the Don Valley to watch Adam on a couple of occasions. Adam may well be too much of a gamble at this price tag for Derby - value v risk type assessment that our board will conduct etc.

• 2 months later...

You can't do it with more than 30 days left on a contract if you play in the same country. That's why Commons went to Scotland...English clubs couldn't talk to him til the summer.

Also he's 24 so i think we'd have to pay compensation as he has rejected contracts already.

Load of ******** in my opinion anyway.

You can't do it with more than 30 days left on a contract if you play in the same country. That's why Commons went to Scotland...English clubs couldn't talk to him til the summer.

Also he's 24 so i think we'd have to pay compensation as he has rejected contracts already.

Oh no wait, only for under 24's so ignore that bit.

Celtic paid a fee for Commons so that is surely irrellavent. Any club could have signed him. As far as I can tell is Le Fondre has another 12 months on his Rotherham contract after this season. So surely it is bottom gravy of the highest order.

I may be wrong though it has been known. :rolleyes:

The club may have approached Rotherham for an offer to buy him once the closed season starts. Rotherham accept we agree terms wit Le Fondre ready to hit send on the fax once the season finishes. All above board and within the rules.

Celtic paid a fee for Commons so that is surely irrellavent. Any club could have signed him. As far as I can tell is Le Fondre has another 12 months on his Rotherham contract after this season. So surely it is bottom gravy of the highest order.

I may be wrong though it has been known. :rolleyes:

We let him go for a fee because Celtic could have signed him for nothing in January and waited til the summer to get him. Why do you think the fee was so low and only Rangers and Celtic came in.

Just like Wilson has at Forest.

The club may have approached Rotherham for an offer to buy him once the closed season starts. Rotherham accept we agree terms wit Le Fondre ready to hit send on the fax once the season finishes. All above board and within the rules.

Not if his contract was up.....you can't talk to a player from the same playing country about a Bosman unless there is less than 30 days on his copntract.

As his contract isn't up then, yes your right.....but i was just saying that's not what a pre-contract is which is the start of the rumour.

Archived