Adam Le Fondre

Day

Surely worth a bid, 400-450k would be enough for us to get him...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_7078375,00.html

I think we would be daft not to have a punt, especially if his value is around the 400k, we complained about wages being an issue but with him it wouldn't.

I think we should go in for him, it is a sensible gamble IMO. He is a tidy player who can put the ball in the net, even if his physical attributes are lacking somewhat!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we would be daft not to have a punt, especially if his value is around the 400k, we complained about wages being an issue but with him it wouldn't.

I think we should go in for him, it is a sensible gamble IMO. He is a tidy player who can put the ball in the net, even if his physical attributes are lacking somewhat!

Im pretty sure every club has looked at him yet no one will pay 500k for him.

Don't care how cheap this guy is, we already have ward and Maguire that are similar players. Consensus is we need a target man. Alf isn't that.

We don't need a target man, Agaisnt Villa we saw Tyson leaping well never complaing about the arm over his head neck or shoulder. Callum Ball is no midget and did not look out of place then there is Steve Davies who tends to get his head onto the ball in the air.

Now a target man is useful if you are looking at knocking the ball up high to the front man who then knocks it down to the other striker or to the advanng midfield.

Against Villa even when Tyson went off it was not a case of knocking it up to the frint man it was a case of knocking on the floor through to him or behind the defenders for the striker to run onto.

Now we also move onto the Left back and Right Back cover. Kilbane/Roberts (when fit ) and Chris Jones seems to cover left back in that order.

Right Back is Brayford and Croft. Now I know lough has said that Croft has been playing a bit there. Now for me when he played last night and other fried=ndlies he seems to have find his position. He could not cross to weel on the wing bt always got back and defended well. SLight role reversal he defens and joins the attack. From people who listening to the radi it appeared that it was commented on about how comfortable he looks, So at present would hold of spending there as it would apear the cover is there.

This leaves DM, we have Bailey, Bryson, Hendricks, Green (when fit) Addison when back of loan do we need another one.

Looking at how they played and don't forget Aston Vlla had Stephen Irleand plaing and was kept out of the game, Bent who looked ordinary and kept quite by Shackell first half and Obrian second half and Banana Man who was a regular and kept quite.

Can see why top end loan deals for a season maybe the way to go. A couple of the young midfields wo played in prem last year for Liverpool who have dropped down the pecking order since Adams and co arrival.

We don't need a target man, Agaisnt Villa we saw Tyson leaping well never complaing about the arm over his head neck or shoulder. Callum Ball is no midget and did not look out of place then there is Steve Davies who tends to get his head onto the ball in the air.

Now a target man is useful if you are looking at knocking the ball up high to the front man who then knocks it down to the other striker or to the advanng midfield.

Against Villa even when Tyson went off it was not a case of knocking it up to the frint man it was a case of knocking on the floor through to him or behind the defenders for the striker to run onto.

Now we also move onto the Left back and Right Back cover. Kilbane/Roberts (when fit ) and Chris Jones seems to cover left back in that order.

Right Back is Brayford and Croft. Now I know lough has said that Croft has been playing a bit there. Now for me when he played last night and other fried=ndlies he seems to have find his position. He could not cross to weel on the wing bt always got back and defended well. SLight role reversal he defens and joins the attack. From people who listening to the radi it appeared that it was commented on about how comfortable he looks, So at present would hold of spending there as it would apear the cover is there.

This leaves DM, we have Bailey, Bryson, Hendricks, Green (when fit) Addison when back of loan do we need another one.

Looking at how they played and don't forget Aston Vlla had Stephen Irleand plaing and was kept out of the game, Bent who looked ordinary and kept quite by Shackell first half and Obrian second half and Banana Man who was a regular and kept quite.

Can see why top end loan deals for a season maybe the way to go. A couple of the young midfields wo played in prem last year for Liverpool who have dropped down the pecking order since Adams and co arrival.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14409510.stm

Think you're right about the loan market.

In the link, Clough talks of wanting 2 or 3 players in 'certain' positions. Sounds like he'd prefer permanent signings but mentions the loan market closing at the end of August then re-opening in September.

Personally, I don't see anyone coming in until then.

• 3 weeks later...

He is brilliant at scoring goals, I have only seen him in patches and he doesn't rely on physical ability to score goals, just seems like an intelligent player who can put the ball in the onion bag!

500k could be well worth the gamble.

look at his goals, has a knack of getting inbetween players in the box, seems like a Billy Sharp type player.

I dont know how anyone knows how much Rotherham want and how much he will want in wages.

Football Manager 2011, I think they are worried that Football Manager 2012 comes out soon and the are worried the price may have gone up.

Have to say I have never seen any club move for him either, I picked him up for around 250k. Scored a few goals but wasn't anything special.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14409510.stm

Think you're right about the loan market.

In the link, Clough talks of wanting 2 or 3 players in 'certain' positions. Sounds like he'd prefer permanent signings but mentions the loan market closing at the end of August then re-opening in September.

Personally, I don't see anyone coming in until then.

Wouldn't surprise me if we go in for loans with a view to permanents.

Loan them until we can shift out Leacock, Bywater, Pearson etc and then convert them to permanent in January if we can.

It's not so much raving about him but I would like to see us gamble on him, and like so many others I am surprised no-one else has gone out their way to sign him.

In the past 3 years or so his record is better than a goal once every two games, no matter what level you are at, that is good going and it's not like League Two players haven't made the step up before, l don't know the reasons why no-one has broke their neck for him I know a lot of teams have gone in for him Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley..etc but no one has come out with him, I don't know what to think of the situation but I don't doubt he will be playing championship football sooner or later, whether he makes the step up or not is another matter.

I dont know how anyone knows how much Rotherham want and how much he will want in wages. You all seem to rave about him but no club has took the gamble yet, which I would have thought they would for such a cheap great goalscorer

Well the chairman has said that strikers from league 2 have been going for millions, le fondre is in his final year so could get him for a lot cheaper (£500k seems reasonable). I read somewhere Coventry were going to offer £6.5k wages.

Archived