Adam Le Fondre

David

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Aug 25th 2010

ROTHERHAM have slapped a £3million price-tag on in-demand striker Adam Le Fondre.

Ipswich, Derby, Coventry and Barnsley are all considering bids for the hitman, 23, who has notched 35 goals in 55 outings for the Millers.

And boss Ronnie Moore insisted: "It would take silly money for us to even look at it - and in my book that means somewhere in the region of £3m."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3110163/Rotherham-want-f-3m-for-Le-Fondre.html

But it does appear that AlF aint too keen on staying past 18 months

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6512669,00.html - from 17th November

Skysports.com understands Rotherham hot-shot Adam Le Fondre has shelved talks over a new contract.

Millers boss Ronnie Moore claimed earlier this week talks were ongoing as they look to tie down their star striker to a new long-term deal.

Le Fondre has 18 months to run on his current contract and Rotherham are keen to ward off potential suitors by agreeing new terms with the in-demand forward.

A number of clubs are thought to be monitoring Le Fondre's situation at Rotherham with the striker already netting 16 goals this season for the Millers.

However, the striker is in no rush to sign a new deal and discussions have now been put on the back-burner.

Amicable

With just 18 months left on his current contract Le Fondre could feasibly sign a pre-contract with any interested clubs next January and leave on a free transfer when his deal expires.

Le Fondre's agent, Jesse Learoyd-Hill, has confirmed that the player is in no rush to sort out his future and that contract talks are now on hold

"We have had very amicable discussions but are no longer in talks about an extension to Adam's contract," Learoyd-Hill told skysports.com.

"He has 18 months left on his contract and there is no need to alter that.

"He will of course continue to give his all for Rotherham hopefully starting by playing a part in an FA Cup victory tonight."

next jan as in 2012, not 2011. We won't spend big on lower league. Feck me, if we can't squeeze money for known proven goal scorers do you think the owners are gunna tip up big for lower league players?

I presume you mean Hooper? If I remember rightly, Clough had the green light to offer Ssausagehorpe just over £2million (which is what he eventually went to Celtic for), but Nige said no. This was after we'd made the signings of Brayford and Bailey.

I can't see Rotherham turning down a £1million offer, or maybe even £1.5million. He'd be worth it, no questions.

well no-one knows apart from the club and Kris, also would you want to spend a million on a goalscorer that has only ever put in goals in league 2?

Yes, definately. Look at his workrate, style and finishing ability. Would love him here.

I don't know, I ould prefer if he made the step up to league 1 and see what he does there and not put if we paid a million all our eggs in one basket

Yeah but if we let him join a league 1 club and he still bangs them in....his price will rocket.

If Clough thinks he's good enough, then that's enough for me.

Archived