Adam Le Fondre

Day

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Martin was a player, he'd be able to adapt.

He's a winger, not a playmaker. He has one role, and he does it well, but he can't change his style to be good enough to play differently.

Doesn't mean he's a bad player, alot of players are like that. Look at Brayford at LB, very poor. And that's only moving him across the defence.

Typical, anyone who has an opinion or different outlook to a few on here "is moaning", blah blah blah :D.

I have probably seen The Rams more times away than you have ever seen them period.

I think we are very thin in the striker dept, and think Le Fondre is worth a punt, but I'm moaning,blah , blah, blah.

Lets see, if God forbid Steve Davies breaks down again, who then to take his place, I think we need someone now, but just because we have won four games, I'm moaning, well I think I'm being constructive, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it :D

Sorry - that's ********. If you were simply saying we needed another striking option, that's constructive. Saying that you're sad for the suckers who have fallen for spin isn't, at all. And that is moaning. You've just taken one part of an argument and manipulated it to make it sound like everyone thinks you're moaning about a perfectly valid point!

Not sure about the reason for including 'I have probably seen The Rams more times away than you have ever seen them period' - but there you go duck, whatever gets you through!

Sorry - that's ********. If you were simply saying we needed another striking option, that's constructive. Saying that you're sad for the suckers who have fallen for spin isn't, at all. And that is moaning. You've just taken one part of an argument and manipulated it to make it sound like everyone thinks you're moaning about a perfectly valid point!

Not sure about the reason for including 'I have probably seen The Rams more times away than you have ever seen them period' - but there you go duck, whatever gets you through!

Please don't apologize for whats keeping your ears apart.

Also don't keep mixing bits from one post and another to try and be clever, it isn't, Teapot, Kettle, black or what.

My honest opinion (for what its worth ), is that the cupboard is bare, there is no cash available for permanent signings, we are now down to loans :mad:.

Lets look at it another way when we signed Shackell it was keep your hands off from Barnsley fans and board.

We signed Bailey Brayford they did not want them to go and people were shocked in how much we had paid for lower league players.

etc

Now Rotherham fans will say he can score goals but does not do much more than that. Before anyone says ought differently a striker needs to be able to do more than that if we are realistic. The Championship is a tough division and need players who will fight for the ball the team and the fans. Le Fondre may not do that for us. I am sure if CLough thought he could come and play for us and do what Clough wants from the player then we would be bidding for him. The no money syndrome again is rubbish we had a £1million+ bid for Waghorn turned down after the signing of Shackell, Ward, Robinson, Tyson, Macguire, Bryson, Legs, and co. If we could bid a million sure we could bid £500k if the Boss though it would be worth while.

Firstly people want a championship striker now they want a league 2 striker how things change lol

He's a winger, not a playmaker. He has one role, and he does it well, but he can't change his style to be good enough to play differently.

Doesn't mean he's a bad player, alot of players are like that. Look at Brayford at LB, very poor. And that's only moving him across the defence.

I think he is injured at the moment

No I dont

Is this Smiffy from the Bash Street Kids - before you snap in text meant as a joke.

I really am struggling how anyone can moan when their team are joint top after 4 games only conceeding one goal and getting better by the game.

It is puzzing, bizarre and weird that people can not be just happy and enjoy the moment. It is our highest position at this stage for a long time. If we can win Saturday we prob set a club reocrd of winning first 5 games in league.

Surely this is all positive. And when you support a team no matter what division the first result you look for is the clubs either home and away. If not can I ask who did you support before is another sport your first choice. No issues if not just can not get my head round all the moaning

What? He signs up a good bunch of players for next to nothing and you think thats a poor record? What do you want us to pick up for peanuts from Exeter and Crewe dude? Messi and Ronaldo?

He's watched ALF I'm sure, and if he thought he could improve our squad he's demonstrated that he would be happy to pay ~£500k for a 4th division player. I trust Clough's judgement, based on his record of signing good young pros' from that level, that ALF isn't the real deal.

If you're going to criticise Clough or any manager for every player he missed it'll be a long list. You can only judge on what he does sign, and the value for money they provide.

I have not criticised Clough, find me where I have done that, what I have said is that you are making out he has signed loads of lower league players that have been a success, I have only stated that in fact there have to date only been 2, all I was doing was pointing out something that is incorrect.

I cannot also find anywhere that Clough has said that ALF is not the real deal, it could be that if he has money available then he has other targets, does this mean that ALF will not cut it in a league above ?

How was Martin a disaster? We switched formations based on information from Metgod six months after he arrived.

That's just down right bad luck on Martins part, wasn't a disaster by any means.

Money well spent then, sorry I was totally incorrect in saying he was a disaster.

I also take everything back I have ever said about the one and only Mikkel Beck, who played more games for Derby that Martin has done, it turns out he was in fact a ballerina so once again it wasnt his fault.

Money well spent then, sorry I was totally incorrect in saying he was a disaster.

I also take everything back I have ever said about the one and only Mikkel Beck, who played more games for Derby that Martin has done, it turns out he was in fact a ballerina so once again it wasnt his fault.

Is that french for "fookin useless danish coont ?"

Is this Smiffy from the Bash Street Kids - before you snap in text meant as a joke.

I really am struggling how anyone can moan when their team are joint top after 4 games only conceeding one goal and getting better by the game.

It is puzzing, bizarre and weird that people can not be just happy and enjoy the moment. It is our highest position at this stage for a long time. If we can win Saturday we prob set a club reocrd of winning first 5 games in league.

Surely this is all positive. And when you support a team no matter what division the first result you look for is the clubs either home and away. If not can I ask who did you support before is another sport your first choice. No issues if not just can not get my head round all the moaning

Let me just say this one final time, I am ecstatic at the seasons start, it is fantastic.

I am NOT moaning, I am saying, IMHO, that rather than leaving ourselves in a pickle if Davies should be unavailable, now is the time to get in cover, and my preference, looking around would be Le Fonde.

Look back, at no time in this thread have I criticised Clough for not going for him, or even criticised the manager for anything this season, why would I.

Its some others attitudes that should be looked at in this case, not mine

I have not criticised Clough, find me where I have done that, what I have said is that you are making out he has signed loads of lower league players that have been a success, I have only stated that in fact there have to date only been 2, all I was doing was pointing out something that is incorrect.

I cannot also find anywhere that Clough has said that ALF is not the real deal, it could be that if he has money available then he has other targets, does this mean that ALF will not cut it in a league above ?

I think the point at which we'll have to agree to differ is that if we sign a player cheaply from the 4th division and he does a job - I call that a success. If he's a POTY like John Brayford it's a stroke of genius. By that definition our strike rate is high.

Let me just say this one final time, I am ecstatic at the seasons start, it is fantastic.

I am NOT moaning, I am saying, IMHO, that rather than leaving ourselves in a pickle if Davies should be unavailable, now is the time to get in cover, and my preference, looking around would be Le Fonde.

Look back, at no time in this thread have I criticised Clough for not going for him, or even criticised the manager for anything this season, why would I.

Its some others attitudes that should be looked at in this case, not mine

Fair do's smiffy. A strongly expressed opinion as always. :)

BTW, current asking price is £350k. Still won't be us though.

This whole ALF situation seems to be firmly based in the minds of forum users rather than any genuine interest coming out of the club and seems to have prompted some seriously divided opinions and debate.

I decided to have a look at the stats and reality surrounding all strikers that have been successful in Leagues 1 and 2 over the past 2 seasons and It makes interesting reading. Invariably, if you make it in to the top 6 or 7 on the goal scorers list in these divisions you either go up with your existing team or you are transfered. The exceptions to this rule tend to be journeymen players who are the top side of 30.

Examples who either went up or were transferred are: Ricky Lambert, Billy Painter, Jermaine Beckford, Lee Bernard, Grant Holt, Lee Martin, Charlie Austin, Craig Mickail Smith, Glenn Murray, Will Hoskins, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Ashley Barnes out of Lg1 and Craig Davies, Lee Hughes, Brett Pitman, Chris O'Grady, Clayton Donaldson, Shaun Harrad in Lg 2.

Out of the ones that were transferred all but 2 or 3 went to a club in a higher division.

Steve Jones, Jamie Cureton and Ryan Lowe fall in to the 30+ bracket and Cody McDonald was a loanee who is now back at Norwich.

Only 2 names who graced the lists of either league 1 or league 2 top scorers in the past 2 seasons fail to appear in the categories above and they are:

Adam Le Fondre - Rotherham (55 goals in 102 games over the 2 seasons)

Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield (45 goals in 100 games over the 2 seasons)

At 6ft 1 tall and only 21 years old why are we not banging the same drum for Jordan Rhodes?

This whole ALF situation seems to be firmly based in the minds of forum users rather than any genuine interest coming out of the club and seems to have prompted some seriously divided opinions and debate.

I decided to have a look at the stats and reality surrounding all strikers that have been successful in Leagues 1 and 2 over the past 2 seasons and It makes interesting reading. Invariably, if you make it in to the top 6 or 7 on the goal scorers list in these divisions you either go up with your existing team or you are transfered. The exceptions to this rule tend to be journeymen players who are the top side of 30.

Examples who either went up or were transferred are: Ricky Lambert, Billy Painter, Jermaine Beckford, Lee Bernard, Grant Holt, Lee Martin, Charlie Austin, Craig Mickail Smith, Glenn Murray, Will Hoskins, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Ashley Barnes out of Lg1 and Craig Davies, Lee Hughes, Brett Pitman, Chris O'Grady, Clayton Donaldson, Shaun Harrad in Lg 2.

Out of the ones that were transferred all but 2 or 3 went to a club in a higher division.

Steve Jones, Jamie Cureton and Ryan Lowe fall in to the 30+ bracket and Cody McDonald was a loanee who is now back at Norwich.

Only 2 names who graced the lists of either league 1 or league 2 top scorers in the past 2 seasons fail to appear in the categories above and they are:

Adam Le Fondre - Rotherham (55 goals in 102 games over the 2 seasons)

Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield (45 goals in 100 games over the 2 seasons)

At 6ft 1 tall and only 21 years old why are we not banging the same drum for Jordan Rhodes?

There is nothing to stop you mate, thats what forums are all about :)

Archived