Adam Le Fondre

Day

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish someone would sign up Le Fondre, just so people on here would shut up about him, its Leon Knight all over again. I dont know how so many people have seen so much of Rotherham.
So lets hear your preference so we can keep telling you to shut the f**k up:rolleyes::D

So lets hear your preference so we can keep telling you to shut the f**k up:rolleyes::D

I dont currently have one as I dont go and lower league football any more but I guess I could look at the goalscoring tables and pluck one out then keep going on and on and on about him in lots of different threads. How many times have you seen him live as thats the only way to really judge a player? I imagine our scouting network have watched him lots due to his record and how close they are to us.

I dont currently have one as I dont go and lower league football any more but I guess I could look at the goalscoring tables and pluck one out then keep going on and on and on about him in lots of different threads. How many times have you seen him live as thats the only way to really judge a player? I imagine our scouting network have watched him lots due to his record and how close they are to us.

Exactly!

Spot on mate. We can all look at compilation videos and spend other peoples' money thinking we know better than the professionals. I haven't noticed a queue of championship , or higher, clubs falling over themselves to get him. Could it be because he is too big a risk, having only ever scored goals at a lower level?

If that was the case we would only ever sign superstars... Those that have scored goals at the highest level...when is messi signing?? Canna wait!!!

Y not give him a chance.. We bought pringle from Ilkeston and alf has at least scored goals consistently for rotheram!! Offer a few quid and give he the chance to play higher I say!! If it's prem or league 2 u still have to put the ball in the net!! Look at grant holt as a prime example!!

Spot on mate. We can all look at compilation videos and spend other peoples' money thinking we know better than the professionals. I haven't noticed a queue of championship , or higher, clubs falling over themselves to get him. Could it be because he is too big a risk, having only ever scored goals at a lower level?

If that was the way of things then the only players in the champ would be coming up through championship ranks or stepping down from the prem! Of course players get signed from lower league teams- that's where the players come from.

Our present ethos is based on hardwork, graft and being well organised. I dont know much about Le Fondre and have never seen him play but does he fit the bill in these areas or is he just a sniffer who hangs around the penalty area?

Clough seems to be looking for other qualities in addition to an ability for goal getting. Davies, Ward and Theo all work hard. It appears that Maguire is also capable in this department and Tyson will probably run all day as well. From what I have seen of Waghorn, he is also a grafter regardless of what people think of his goal scoring pedigree so I can understand why he appeals to Clough.

I cant recall anyone mentioning that Le Fondre is renowned for these qualities. His goal scoring record is good but Im quite happy for Clough to stick with a formula that works and it appears to be working at the moment. If we are to add another forward I would rather see one that has power and a physical presence and is a little different to those that we have already.

He scores goals playing for Rotherham in the 4th Division.

I've only ever seen him scoring on the telly, finishing well normally in acres of space. I know he's had to make the runs and all that, but he just won't get that type of room at our level. I also haven't seen the chances he missed, the times he does the wrong thing, the times he gets outmuscled etc...

With our record on lower league signings, you've got to trust the staff. If they thought he was worth a punt, they'd have moved for him by now. IMO.

I've only ever seen him scoring on the telly, finishing well normally in acres of space. I know he's had to make the runs and all that, but he just won't get that type of room at our level. I also haven't seen the chances he missed, the times he does the wrong thing, the times he gets outmuscled etc...

With our record on lower league signings, you've got to trust the staff. If they thought he was worth a punt, they'd have moved for him by now. IMO.

I think you are on the money with that response.

I think you will be very, very hard pushed to find any player with remotely the same record, top scorer with three different teams.

Bye the bye, good job Tim Ward did not have the same idea about lower league strikers :D

Maybe they havent got the money to move for him ?

And what is our record on lower league signings ?

I think you will be very, very hard pushed to find any player with remotely the same record, top scorer with three different teams.

Bye the bye, good job Tim Ward did not have the same idea about lower league strikers :D

As people have put above he can clearly score lots of goals in the lower leagues, does that make him a player who is good enough for the champ? Is is alround play good enough? Is he what the manager is looking for? I havent said he wont score at this level but there are many players that have been proilific down there and who cant make the next step, there is of course players that can. With his record he will have been watched by just about every club in great detail yet no one has of yet made the gamble as many are putting it. Doesnt that maybe tell you something? Clough and his staff have a good knowledge at that level as thats where they have spent most of there tiime looking both at Burton and most of his tenture here. If they wanted him I imgine he would have been bid for by now. Izale McLeod always scores at that level yet he cant cut it.

As people have put above he can clearly score lots of goals in the lower leagues, does that make him a player who is good enough for the champ? Is is alround play good enough? Is he what the manager is looking for? I havent said he wont score at this level but there are many players that have been proilific down there and who cant make the next step, there is of course players that can. With his record he will have been watched by just about every club in great detail yet no one has of yet made the gamble as many are putting it. Doesnt that maybe tell you something? Clough and his staff have a good knowledge at that level as thats where they have spent most of there tiime looking both at Burton and most of his tenture here. If they wanted him I imgine he would have been bid for by now. Izale McLeod always scores at that level yet he cant cut it.
My honest opinion (for what its worth ), is that the cupboard is bare, there is no cash available for permanent signings, we are now down to loans :mad:.

Football Manager 2011, I think they are worried that Football Manager 2012 comes out soon and the are worried the price may have gone up.

Have to say I have never seen any club move for him either, I picked him up for around 250k. Scored a few goals but wasn't anything special.

14 finishing, he's pretty solid.

Got a guy called Nicolas Medina in on a free, scored 4 goals in the first 5 games in my second season!

My honest opinion (for what its worth ), is that the cupboard is bare, there is no cash available for permanent signings, we are now down to loans :mad:.

Yeah, probably. We've just bought quite a few players and have some to return from injury, so it's about right, isn't it?

No need for the sad face sunshine.

Yeah, probably. We've just bought quite a few players and have some to return from injury, so it's about right, isn't it?

What about our 'bids' for Waghorn and Eustace month or two ago?

Looks like we have never made an offer for any of them because we had to get rid of Leacock and Bywater first? Is not it?

Every need for the sad face, with the great start we made we should be looking at building upon this, we have a squad that is thin in quality.

the fact we have got no money to spend means that we are unable to add quality players in areas we need, imo another Mid and goal scorer and we could be pushing for the top 6 at the end of this season.

As it is, a dip in form, injury to a player, or even lack of competition for places could result in us dropping down the table, and see us scratching around for emergency loans.

Archived